Sticky & Sweet DVD/CD, Blu-Ray

Guest Danny86

Got mine on Friday last week (Best Buy had the DVD/CD out early), and finally watched it tonight.

My least favorite of her last four tours (though I still have yet to see ReInvention in its entirety). Very patchy -- hate the intro, not a big fan of the second set AT ALL -- but there are a few distinguishing highlights. "She's Not Me" rocks ass. "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" is theatrical BLISS. And love love LOVE the "Give it 2 Me" performance, best energy she's had onstage in EONS!

Otherwise? 7/10 I suppose. I'll take "Confessions" anyday.

I absolutely agree.

I received it for my birthday from SB last saturday. Plus a disco ball, an eye patch, a Who's that girl DVD, an IGTTYAS DVD and a T shirt that said 'SUPERBITCHES DO IT BETTER'. I love that my best friend knows my Madonna love.

I watched bits that weren't on the VH1 broadcast (and some that were).

The "Borderline" audio, overall, didn't sound as bad as when I heard it on YouTube. I liked how they edited the new vocals around the "motherfuckers" bit. :D Some of the sounds sounded close to what was live (except, notably, the beginning, which was too "girlie").

I watched bits that weren't on the VH1 broadcast (and some that were).

The "Borderline" audio, overall, didn't sound as bad as when I heard it on YouTube. I liked how they edited the new vocals around the "motherfuckers" bit. :D Some of the sounds sounded close to what was live (except, notably, the beginning, which was too "girlie").

Ur so cute when it comes 2 'Borderline'..anal..but cute. :fag:

Guest Pud Whacker

when i first joined the forums in 2003, everyone hated the whos that girl tour. i was shocked, i was like, "who are these people?" i know now that theyre ray of lighters. now wtg is the best tour ever. everyone will deny they hated it now, because were in a different era. the same way people were displeased with the confessions tour...and album. omg i remember it all. american life - first it was the greatest album she had done - what music should have been - she really fine tuned it - its the one!!!, then the reviews came in, she didnt get airplay, then all of sudden everyone did a 360 and said it was horrible.

its impossible to take the pulse of madonna fans because theyre not very bright sheeplings.

when i first joined the forums in 2003, everyone hated the whos that girl tour. i was shocked, i was like, "who are these people?" i know now that theyre ray of lighters. now wtg is the best tour ever. everyone will deny they hated it now, because were in a different era. the same way people were displeased with the confessions tour...and album. omg i remember it all. american life - first it was the greatest album she had done - what music should have been - she really fine tuned it - its the one!!!, then the reviews came in, she didnt get airplay, then all of sudden everyone did a 360 and said it was horrible.

its impossible to take the pulse of madonna fans because theyre not very bright sheeplings.

This will always happen. When a new tour/show comes up, you can make a proper comparison and say wich one do you like most compared to the rest.

This will always happen. When a new tour/show comes up, you can make a proper comparison and say wich one do you like most compared to the rest.

I remember when "Hung Up" leaked...some fans were disappointed...saying it was too gay and campy and nowhere near ROL and shit :rotfl:

I hated the WTGT when I saw it on TV in 1987..I remember my carnie folk auntie Linda was visiting so I had 2 go 2 bed while

my mum discussed family business, simultaneously taping & watching the show & Let me tell u at age seven it was quite scary

hearing her howl her way through the songs live from Turin all the way in2 my bedroom..my care bear wallpaper came crawling of the walls..

what had just happened 2 my sweet Virgin Tour Madonna??? Explain that! :fag:

I hated the WTGT when I saw it on TV in 1987..I remember my carnie folk auntie Linda was visiting so I had 2 go 2 bed while

my mum discussed family business, simultaneously taping & watching the show & Let me tell u at age seven it was quite scary

hearing her howl her way through the songs live from Turin all the way in2 my bedroom..my care bear wallpaper came crawling of the walls..

what had just happened 2 my sweet Virgin Tour Madonna??? Explain that! :fag:

omg :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Why thank you, acko- I think. :doofus: "Even though it was just her playing guitar, I'm just glad she revisited the classic, after not performing it for so long. I'm now waiting to see how they're going to "try" to get the new performances from the '09 leg to fans (as Guy said). If they get to ICON members, hopefully someone will share.

WB should have sent "Like a Prayer 2008" to the clubs- that's definitely a highlight from the tour. I even like the mashup with "4 Minutes" on "Vogue" (though of course not a patch on the original).

Why thank you, acko- I think. :doofus: "Even though it was just her playing guitar, I'm just glad she revisited the classic, after not performing it for so long. I'm now waiting to see how they're going to "try" to get the new performances from the '09 leg to fans (as Guy said). If they get to ICON members, hopefully someone will share.

WB should have sent "Like a Prayer 2008" to the clubs- that's definitely a highlight from the tour. I even like the mashup with "4 Minutes" on "Vogue" (though of course not a patch on the original).

Agreed! I have the mix a fan put together which sounds pretty much mixes in the A Capella version with the new mix. I'm constantly playing it and definitely could be something I can hear on the radio if radio was still playing Madonna.

I went to Wal-Mart, Zellers, Target and Record Works. I was so disappointed. Naturally, though, the best came last because now I get a lovely t-shirt :)

The nearest Best Buy is 30 mins away. Don't forget I live in Canada - they exist but aren't so prevalent.

T-shirt? Am I missing something?

Selling the new '09 performances on iTunes would be a decent idea. Or, for those who purchased the DVD, give them a code to go to madonna.com or something and be able to download them, or even charge a small fee.

"GIVE IT 2 ME!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE'S GONNA STOP ME, BUENOS AIRES"

finale is the best part.

"GIVE IT 2 ME!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE'S GONNA STOP ME, BUENOS AIRES"

finale is the best part.

Agreed.

Probably also because GI2M is a fucking ace song to begin with, too.