Sticky & Sweet DVD/CD, Blu-Ray

Guest Danny86

Guest bluejean

It's a good DVD.

Bad points:

- the overdubbed vocals. I'm not opposed to the idea of doing it but I think some of it could have been done better.

- the CD. I don't understand why they bother, I'd prefer studio versions rather than studio versions with audience noise :lol: or no CD at all would be fine.

- I would have liked to have had the performances that include Justin, Britney and Pharrel in full properly filmed. And obviously the songs from the 2nd leg.

Good points:

- The artwork is GOOD imo

- the editing is good, not as choppy as Confessions

- the show itself is GREAT. Although this is nothing different to what was shown on TV in July last year as far as I can tell?

- the doco. Good to see Madonna being herself and I was pleasantly surprised at how down to earth she is with the Obama stuff and what not. I love that side of Madonna that really wants to make a difference in the world.

I was slightly amused when she said everyone on the stage is equal. Perhaps not in what they're getting paid Madonna :lmao:

1080p file is now online:

Madonna Sticky And Sweet Tour 2009 1080p BluRay x264-FLHD

Madonna.Sticky.And.Sweet.Tour.2009.1080p.BluRay.x264-FLHD

Size 8.78 GB (9,431,854,771 bytes)

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

- the overdubbed vocals. I'm not opposed to the idea of doing it but I think some of it could have been done better.

Yeah, i didn't like that. It was obvious during one song in particular in the beginning as well, can't remember which one.

It's a good DVD.

Bad points:

- the CD. I don't understand why they bother, I'd prefer studio versions rather than studio versions with audience noise :lol: or no CD at all would be fine.

- I would have liked to have had the performances that include Justin, Britney and Pharrel in full properly filmed. And obviously the songs from the 2nd leg.

Good points:

- The artwork is GOOD imo

- the editing is good, not as choppy as Confessions

- the show itself is GREAT. Although this is nothing different to what was shown on TV in July last year as far as I can tell?

- the doco. Good to see Madonna being herself and I was pleasantly surprised at how down to earth she is with the Obama stuff and what not. I love that side of Madonna that really wants to make a difference in the world.

I was slightly amused when she said everyone on the stage is equal. Perhaps not in what they're getting paid Madonna :lmao:

:lol:

@cosmic_system: Thank you I knew it was a photoshoot...(laughs) because it doesn't seem a real party to me :D

I wonder why did they broadcast the show? I mean the people knew that the broadcasted show in Buenos Aires would be included as the DVD. It's like a spoiler. I didn't see the whole concert because of the broadcast. I think it was a bad move to broadcast the show and put the SAME show in a DVD.

About the DVD. It's great by 89%. I don't like her voice in some parts. Seems like the studio voice or sth like that. And the last I really don't like personally is that the director projects the video material (like SWEET MACHINE) alongside the already one being played in the concert. I don't like that it bothers my eyes. :p But the really positive of this concert is the artwork, the bonus material and HELL YEAH that it shows people and their reactions. Very proud pf Madgefans :p I wonder if they have seen themselves. :)

@cosmic_system: Thank you I knew it was a photoshoot...(laughs) because it doesn't seem a real party to me :D

I wonder why did they broadcast the show? I mean the people knew that the broadcasted show in Buenos Aires would be included as the DVD. It's like a spoiler. I didn't see the whole concert because of the broadcast. I think it was a bad move to broadcast the show and put the SAME show in a DVD.

About the DVD. It's great by 89%. I don't like her voice in some parts. Seems like the studio voice or sth like that. And the last I really don't like personally is that the director projects the video material (like SWEET MACHINE) alongside the already one being played in the concert. I don't like that it bothers my eyes. :p But the really positive of this concert is the artwork, the bonus material and HELL YEAH that it shows people and their reactions. Very proud pf Madgefans :p I wonder if they have seen themselves. :)

The party was real.

Guest Not4Pussies

ive been watching all her tours from virgin to confessions

and i love this woman

there is no one like her

she may not have an amazing voice but she tries and sings with feeling

all her tours are different and amazing, great for all kinds of taste

cant wait to get sticky and sweet on tue!!

People were saying that the DVD looks like the Sky1 broadcast, but after seeing the VH1 broadcast, it looks more like a DVD edit. From what I see on Youtube, the Sky1 broadcast looks different- less glossy, if you will, more like a TV broadcast. So, for those who saw the VH1 broadcast, is that how the DVD looks?

People were saying that the DVD looks like the Sky1 broadcast, but after seeing the VH1 broadcast, it looks more like a DVD edit. From what I see on Youtube, the Sky1 broadcast looks different- less glossy, if you will, more like a TV broadcast. So, for those who saw the VH1 broadcast, is that how the DVD looks?

The DVD is identical 2 the SKY broadcast which was available in HD. It's prolly the youtube quality that makes it less glossy.

Also the shit she shows on TV..I dunno why people expect it 2 b different from the DVD. The only difference is what they cut out.

Guest bluejean

The DVD is identical 2 the SKY broadcast which was available in HD. It's prolly the youtube quality that makes it less glossy.

Also the shit she shows on TV..I dunno why people expect it 2 b different from the DVD. The only difference is what they cut out.

I think they expect it to be different because in the past the broadcasts (Girlie Show, Drowned World) were different edits to the VHS/DVD releases.

But that was only because they were broadcast a day after being filmed so the TV edits were done quickly. Sticky & Sweet was broadcast long after it was filmed which gave them plenty of time to edit it.

I think the only downside with this release was waiting so long to release it after the broadcast. Most of us already had this show in perfect quality, so it's not so exciting getting it now. Ideally they would have filmed a show from the 2nd leg for release and then included Hung Up, Heartbeat, Borderline and Don't Cry For Me Argentina from Buenos Aires as extras on the DVD. But that would have cost them alot more money and I guess wasn't worth it from their perspective. I don't understand though why this DVD couldn't come out straight after the 2nd leg ended. I guess it was because it would have been overkill with Celebration CD's and DVD on the market as well :dazed:

Why do some of the tracks say 'Medley' after them? That implies there are several songs but Candy Shop doesn't have any other songs included?

Yeah that makes no sense at all. Same with adding 2008 to the end of some of the song titles, it's not the first time she has re-invented a song.

The 2008 versions have samples in them; the medleys also so- so why weren't they labeled "2008," as well? Perhaps because the ones labeled "2008" actually include the recorded samples, and the other don't? Just speculating, as I don't know for sure. To me, medley would suggest sung elements from another song, but that's just me.

A medley is several songs sung together such as Dress You Up/Material Girl/Like A Virgin in the WTG Tour. I can understand the 2008s but was wondering if I was missing something. Clearly not and I suppose after the Celebration notes cock up I suppose we are lucky it's just a litte error!

The 2008 versions have samples in them; the medleys also so- so why weren't they labeled "2008," as well? Perhaps because the ones labeled "2008" actually include the recorded samples, and the other don't? Just speculating, as I don't know for sure. To me, medley would suggest sung elements from another song, but that's just me.

The medleys are the album versions with some samples from other songs. The 2008 versions are basically new versions of old songs.