Rumored Greatest Hits Tour - Autumn 2010

jonski43

it probably wont happen but again, not really understanding the lack of support if madonna chose to do a greatest hits tour in her prime. maybe online madonna freaks dont want that but i assure you, the world would go. sure, we can wait another 20 years and she can do it dietrich style - however, while shes still agile and fantastic - i dont think there would be any complaints when every song has the audience singing along insanely.

i dont think of RIT as a greatest hits tour, AT ALL. when i hear the term greatest hits, i think...holiday, lucky star, borderline, virgin, angel, material girl, dress you up, into the groove, crazy for you, live to tell, papa dont preach, open your heart, la isla, whos that girl, causing a commotion, like a prayer, express yourself, cherish, vogue, justify my love, this used to be my playground, deeper and deeper, rain, i'll remember, secret, take a bow, youll see, frozen, ray of light,beautiful stranger, music, dont tell me, hollywood, die another day, hung up, sorry, 4 minutes, give it 2 me... and thats over 30 songs. those are her GREATEST HITS and there are heaps more.

after 25 years of the soundtrack of peoples lives, i dont think anyone would be complaining when they leave the venue after a set list like that.

with RIT, she threw a few in (doesnt she always?) and it was great but it was really the american life tour. i dont think a reinvention of the songs needs to take place, either. make the dated modern, of course - but other than that - sing and dance and let it rip.

i mean listen to the audience here...

THANK YOU

it probably wont happen but again, not really understanding the lack of support if madonna chose to do a greatest hits tour in her prime. maybe online madonna freaks dont want that but i assure you, the world would go. sure, we can wait another 20 years and she can do it dietrich style - however, while shes still agile and fantastic - i dont think there would be any complaints when every song has the audience singing along insanely.

i dont think of RIT as a greatest hits tour, AT ALL. when i hear the term greatest hits, i think...holiday, lucky star, borderline, virgin, angel, material girl, dress you up, into the groove, crazy for you, live to tell, papa dont preach, open your heart, la isla, whos that girl, causing a commotion, like a prayer, express yourself, cherish, vogue, justify my love, this used to be my playground, deeper and deeper, rain, i'll remember, secret, take a bow, youll see, frozen, ray of light,beautiful stranger, music, dont tell me, hollywood, die another day, hung up, sorry, 4 minutes, give it 2 me... and thats over 30 songs. those are her GREATEST HITS and there are heaps more.

after 25 years of the soundtrack of peoples lives, i dont think anyone would be complaining when they leave the venue after a set list like that.

with RIT, she threw a few in (doesnt she always?) and it was great but it was really the american life tour. i dont think a reinvention of the songs needs to take place, either. make the dated modern, of course - but other than that - sing and dance and let it rip.

God this thread has become some nerdy bullshit..who cares if people call it a Greatest Hits tour..u know according

2 Madonna it's an art installation...( :chuckle: )..

So I love LOVE that CFY on RIT..& I don't even like the song.. . :fag:

I guess I don't like RIT as much as I like her other tours because there's no 'story', no 'meaning' behind some of the sections. Starting from BAT, her tours were very heavy on that, while RIT just looks like a proper pop concert... I'd prefer it if there were more AL tracks as well.

Guest Danny86

I guess I don't like RIT as much as I like her other tours because there's no 'story', no 'meaning' behind some of the sections. Starting from BAT, her tours were very heavy on that, while RIT just looks like a proper pop concert... I'd prefer it if there were more AL tracks as well.

That's how I feel about it too. While for the other tours, the segments were always in focus, her collaborators would give them names and describe the themes, for RIT Arianne Phillips only talked about stuff like "the first part where Madonna wears a Lacroix corset" and "the emotional heart of the show where Madonna wears a Stella McCartney suit" and that was all (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-05-19-madonna-simpson-tour-clothes_x.htm). Most of the songs are completely random as well, because the current album(s) was not dominating the concept. But I guess AL could have never done that, because half of it is just guitar songs so that wouldn't have translated well to the stage and she even had to leave out "Love Profusion" not to have too many acoustic stuff.

Guest dance2nite

I've heard in fact that the Greatest Hits Tour is still in the works, and looks set to begin in Australia in November this year. The Copacabana beach gig in Rio on New Years Eve will be part of the GH Tour. An annnouncement will be made most likely in the coming months around Easter (April/May).

This is what i've heard about the tour intinery :

Australia - Nov/Dec 2010

Japan - Dec 2010

South America - Dec 2010/Jan 2011

Break

Latin/North America - May/June 2011

Europe - July/August 2011

(Please take this with a grain of salt for now, all this info has come from alot of different sources including fansites & people working on M's tour last year.)

Calling a tour a "Greatest Hits" tour would be enormously stupid. Every tour, in a way, is a Greatest Hits tour. Despite what I read on this site, MOST people go to see a performer to see the HITS. They aren't going to see obscure album tracks or a ton of new material or some crazy reworked version of the original. MOST people want to see the song in its original state, or close to it. Hardcore fans, of course, feel differently.

IF this is true, she should just call it the CELEBRATION tour. Period. Calling something the Greatest Hits tour seems like a farewell tour or something.

:clap::clap: I totally agree. And all of the people denouncing a "hits" tour will be the first dashing for the golden circle at the stadium.

Guest dicktracy

I've heard in fact that the Greatest Hits Tour is still in the works, and looks set to begin in Australia in November this year. The Copacabana beach gig in Rio on New Years Eve will be part of the GH Tour. An annnouncement will be made most likely in the coming months around Easter (April/May).

Australia - Nov/Dec 2010

Japan - Dec 2010

Break

(Please take this with a grain of salt for now, all this info has come from alot of different sources including fansites & people working on M's tour last year.)

It will be the end of Spring/beginning of the Summer in Australia & South America, so it would make sense.

if this comes true, it will totally throw off the timing for a new album release...

Exactly my thoughts ! And not to forget the movie that she is going to direct !? As I remember that was planned for the beginning of 2010 ! So if she really tours in November there won`t be enough time to produce, release and to promote a new album in 2010 !?

:)

Well, whatever anyone says her early catalogue will ALWAYS draw the loudest applause, as stated in this thread, these are the songs that are embedded in the fabric of her oldest fans lives and have been passed down to newer fans as well - it is what it is, there is something about the time they came from, her creative zone, the lyrics, catchy melodies - magic, whatever you want to call it, her 'greatest hits' are and always will be everyone's favorite Madonna music!

Exactly my thoughts ! And not to forget the movie that she is going to direct !? As I remember that was planned for the beginning of 2010 ! So if she really tours in November there won`t be enough time to produce, release and to promote a new album in 2010 !?

:)

promote? since there was no promotion for HC (yes, some interviews filmed like months before the album release) I really think she's not goint to promote the next one.

I wouldn't mind her doing a greatest hits tour at some point in time. There's nothing wrong with playing songs people love and acknowledging the past. However, I feel that right now is not the right time to do this. With her just starting with Live Nation and the mixed response to Hard Candy, I think she really needs to focus on doing a new album and doing a tour to promote that.

However, I think a greatest hits tour is something she should definitely do at some point during her Live Nation contract and/or before she stops doing huge tours, just not right now.

It would be amazing to hear all her hits at one concert. It would be great if she did them somewhat similar to the records and not with all the mash ups and remixes.

Not sure why people are so against a GH tour?

Not that i want one from her now, but if she did one someday, it'd be fun.

Is Madonna ABOVE it or something? i don't get it?

It's not about being ABOVE it. Madonna is a very creative person and obviously bores of things quite quickly. You can tell from her career that is a workaholic and loves to push herself and the people around her. I doubt she would rest on a GH tour at this point in her career. Even RIT which contained many of her hits had a lot of new creativity to it. I'm expecting the next album will probably be quite experimental in one way or another. A lot has changed for her recently, so we will see I guess...

FABULOUS

Australia - Nov/Dec 2010

Japan - Dec 2010

Break

I hope this information is FALSE.I want her to concentrate on a new album this year! With lots of promotion,great videos and TV interviews.She should only do a 'greatest hits tour' when it's her final farewell tour (ala Cher).

I don't know why everyone is so upset that the new album may be put on hold because of the tour. Look how most of you acted last time around. All you guys would do is bitch about everything from it's cover to it's content to her look to the fact that she did the same choreography for the same song on 2 shows while promoting it.....SHE DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE....GAGA DOES A DIFFERENT PERFORMANCE FOR EVERY PROMO SPOT. WHY CAN'T M? SHE'S LAZY. WAH WAH WAH.

Why should she stress something that's going to get torn apart for regardless? Her fans have gotten so much worse with the nitpickiness in recent years, album sales are down. Why bother treating albums with the T.L.C. they got in the past? She should just throw some songs out there and say "fuck it. if they like they like it if they don't they don't. THEY WILL ALL COME SEE ME LIVE ANYWAYS."

Not always.

Nope, just like he first said Avatar was a huge flop! haha.

M went on tour performing causing a commotion and look of love on the whos that girl tour before the soundtrack was out didnt she?