A new push for CELEBRATION?

neutrocks

neut- "Celebration" peaked at 6.2 million or so audience (per BDS), with most of that coming from Rhythmic AC- it would be HIGHLY surprising if it got past that a second time around.

Maybe so, but I think what is sad that most fans give up before giving it a chance. Yeah, maybe there is a fat chance in hell, but the fact is that the re-work version with AKON is exactly the type of tracks radio is playing. I just think rather us all sitting around, stating it's "too late", maybe we can help push it on the radio. Again, maybe it won't go nowhere, but it seems the fans won't make an effort anymore and the fact is that if we want any Madonna track to play on radio, we need to do a lot of requests, etc.

And yes, some good promotion behind it would be nice from Warners and Madonna, but then again a lot of the popular songs on the radio right now are not being pushed by a lot of promotion.

Maybe so, but I think what is sad that most fans give up before giving it a chance. Yeah, maybe there is a fat chance in hell, but the fact is that the re-work version with AKON is exactly the type of tracks radio is playing. I just think rather us all sitting around, stating it's "too late", maybe we can help push it on the radio. Again, maybe it won't go nowhere, but it seems the fans won't make an effort anymore and the fact is that if we want any Madonna track to play on radio, we need to do a lot of requests, etc.

And yes, some good promotion behind it would be nice from Warners and Madonna, but then again a lot of the popular songs on the radio right now are not being pushed by a lot of promotion.

for what reason? I don't listen to radio anymore and why we should do Warners job when they blew up this project? Good luck.

for what reason? I don't listen to radio anymore and why we should do Warners job when they blew up this project? Good luck.

Well, I don't expect you would since you're constantly negative about just anything. In any event, I remember the 80's when people requested Madonna like mad. Weird we didn't think we were doing Warners job then.

Warner can only do so much. Madonna can only do so much. Maybe they can make a better effort of a push, but in the end, it's up to the fans to help it become popular. After all, we're the people who are listening to it, etc.

The fact they are submitting to radio, shows some effort on their part. Now, it's up to the radio listeners if they want to hear it.

Well, I don't expect you would since you're constantly negative about just anything. In any event, I remember the 80's when people requested Madonna like mad. Weird we didn't think we were doing Warners job then.

Warner can only do so much. Madonna can only do so much. Maybe they can make a better effort of a push, but in the end, it's up to the fans to help it become popular. After all, we're the people who are listening to it, etc.

The fact they are submitting to radio, shows some effort on their part. Now, it's up to the radio listeners if they want to hear it.

Well said!

What effort are you talking about? Radio is very wise to mass requests that fans do, so that's not an option. Other than buying the track, there's little influence fans can have on a single's performance. If it's not something that reaches an audience outside the hardcore fanbase, it doesn't stand much of a chance. Radio likes to thin it does enough research to decide what listeners want to hear, and if they don't see widespread audience reaction to a track, it doesn't play it.

Guest missy bi_tch

madonna loves working with the jailbirds...

in any case, she needs to open the grammies with celebration big and pompous...

and for the first time, best dance recording is presented live to her!

madonna loves working with the jailbirds...

in any case, she needs to open the grammies with celebration big and pompous...

and for the first time, best dance recording is presented live to her!

are we sure she is opening or performing at the Grammy ?

FMQB.COM Radio Industry News is reporting that Madonna's Celebration remix featuring Akon will impact US Radio on Tuesday 26 January 2010.

This will lead into the release of her next studio album due later this year.

Source: Madonnalicious

What effort are you talking about? Radio is very wise to mass requests that fans do, so that's not an option. Other than buying the track, there's little influence fans can have on a single's performance. If it's not something that reaches an audience outside the hardcore fanbase, it doesn't stand much of a chance. Radio likes to thin it does enough research to decide what listeners want to hear, and if they don't see widespread audience reaction to a track, it doesn't play it.

I'm all aware of that. But it seems there may be some effort in pushing this song out there to becoming a hit. But with all the fans being negative nannies, and not showing any support, how do you expect anything she does become a hit anymore? There has to be some effort among fans to show some interest or it won't go anywhere.

All I know is that I still feel the same way about Madonna's projects as I did in the 80's. Excited and appreciative. It doesn't mean I like everything she does, but for the most part I do. And one day, she will no longer be doing this. It might be a long while now, but I'm going to always be there to support her until she no longer does. Why? Because she really hasn't let me down. I still get great enjoyment listening to her music and watching her on tour. It just amazes me at the amount of fans who expect her to record an album, drop a single, and/or tour to their specifications when she NEVER has done that. Why would she start now? The moment I become more negative and unappreciative about Madonna and her projects, I no longer will waste my time on it. I do think some fans are not the fans they used to be and have enjoyed more raining on the fan's parade who appreciate rather than enjoying themselves what Madonna has been bringing us and what she will bring us in the future.

You can feel as excited about new projects all you like- that's great. But that was a different time, and, unfortunately, it's difficult for an act- no matter how successful- to sustain the same level of success that they once enjoyed. It's a natural process. That doesn't take away from their status and what they have accomplished, it just means they're not going to be racking up major hit singles on a regular basis (and in some cases, ever again). The singles market is a youth-driven industry; albums less so, as we've seen with various acts who don't score the biggest peaks on the Hot 100, but manage decent album sales.

You can feel as excited about new projects all you like- that's great. But that was a different time, and, unfortunately, it's difficult for an act- no matter how successful- to sustain the same level of success that they once enjoyed. It's a natural process. That doesn't take away from their status and what they have accomplished, it just means they're not going to be racking up major hit singles on a regular basis (and in some cases, ever again). The singles market is a youth-driven industry; albums less so, as we've seen with various acts who don't score the biggest peaks on the Hot 100, but manage decent album sales.

You're right! I don't disagree with that, but you have admit that there seems to be a bit of negativity surrounding her projects by a number of fans rather support. The example is the idea of releasing this song now to radio. Instantly many fans jump in and say... "It's too late" or predict it's failure before it is even given a chance. And I'm not saying what they predict is wrong, but there is something to the fact that if more fans are not behind her latest releases, it will definitely fail to achieve any success compared to if people were more behind her like many of us were in the 80's. I know it's a different time and era, but it doesn't mean we have to abandon her songs without any support. I really do believe that a lot of her songs failing to get radio airplay is due to some of the fan's constant negativity. I also feel some fans want to keep her bottled up in one genre, not letting her expand to other genres which COULD help her score more radio hits. And we can sit here and say... "who cares about radio and music charts", but we would be lying if we said chart success and radio play doesn't mean shit anymore. But it does and even Madonna knows that or she wouldn't be trying to bring on the latest or hottest producers and writers as she did on her last album and what seems to what she's doing again with her next album.

Being a chart fan for more than 20 years, I am still interested in the charts and enjoy when Madonna does well. But, it really doesn't affect me if she doesn't (back in 1995, oh the disappointment when her string of top 40 hits was broken)- now, it is what it is, especially since she's of a certain age.

Just because one has a realistic view on her chart potential doesn't indicate abandonment.

And, BTW- sending something for official play does not necessarily mean the label is making an effort- it's like, "Here it is, do what you will." If WB pushed up the promo, that would be more of an effort. I had an e-mail exchange with a WB radio person when "Nothing Fails" was out, and even she acknowledged that radio is set in its ways, and if it doesn't think a song will cater to its audience, it won't play it. "Celebration" was not a track that catered to the pop audience, or fit in well. Perhaps if it had enjoyed more singles sales success, perhaps radio would have nudged up spins a bit. Of course, that didn't really happen with "Hung Up," but at least HU made it to a 27 million audience peak (peaking in the week it was No. 1 on Digital Songs).

Being a chart fan for more than 20 years, I am still interested in the charts and enjoy when Madonna does well. But, it really doesn't affect me if she doesn't (back in 1995, oh the disappointment when her string of top 40 hits was broken)- now, it is what it is, especially since she's of a certain age.

Oh, it's the same for me. I guess what bothers me is that a topic like this pops up and a many fans dismiss it before giving it a chance which brings me to you stating:

Just because one has a realistic view on her chart potential doesn't indicate abandonment.

I agree, but again I was speaking of the constant negativity behind anything she does. It seems the Madonna communities are more and more full of people who spend time complaining and being negative and even dictating how she should do things... as if she ever followed that route in her career EVER! A lot of people tend to sound like they aren't in appreciation of her anymore because it seems with everything she does, they are disappointed. And I do understand there are people who appreciate certain aspects of her career over others, but the day I come here bitching about how she handles her career and even her personal life, I will move on. I don't see the point of wasting time on things I dislike or won't appreciate.

And, BTW- sending something for official play does not necessarily mean the label is making an effort- it's like, "Here it is, do what you will." If WB pushed up the promo, that would be more of an effort. I had an e-mail exchange with a WB radio person when "Nothing Fails" was out, and even she acknowledged that radio is set in its ways, and if it doesn't think a song will cater to its audience, it won't play it. "Celebration" was not a track that catered to the pop audience, or fit in well. Perhaps if it had enjoyed more singles sales success, perhaps radio would have nudged up spins a bit. Of course, that didn't really happen with "Hung Up," but at least HU made it to a 27 million audience peak (peaking in the week it was No. 1 on Digital Songs).

Again, I can't argue with that. But there is some sort of effort if they are willing to submit a re-worked version of the song. They could have just said... "screw it" and moved on. But I can't help to think they think this version has some potential. There is even ad on the FMQB.COM.

Though I do disagree regarding your comment that CELEBRATION was not a track that catered to the pop audience, or fit in well. Certainly it is. But I think the fact the U.S. is hung up on age, tends to get her dismissed more than anything. And this is why Madonna's fans are needed more than ever, even if it won't make the same impact of the past. And I really don't expect that. That would be unrealistic since all aging artists no matter how much their music improves tend to fall out of favor of the mainstream audience.

Agree^

I spoke with one of the programing directors at Kiisfm about 2 months concerning Celebration and she said plain and simlple request it!!

It makes a difference!

She said Britney, gaga's fans to name a few request all the time!

She said Gaga gets the most requests by phone and text!

She said they watch that very closely!!

Agree^

I spoke with one of the programing directors at Kiisfm about 2 months concerning Celebration and she said plain and simlple request it!!

It makes a difference!

She said Britney, gaga's fans to name a few request all the time!

She said Gaga gets the most requests by phone and text!

She said they watch that very closely!!

I have to agree. The problem is that I know some fans get discouraged because some dee jays tend to laugh at people who request new Madonna songs. I can see if you're calling an all rock channel or an alternative or college station, you getting that reaction, but not a pop station.

And I hate to think that her "gay following" hurts her as well. I'm not sure why some people thumb their nose up to Madonna because she has a gay following and feel that is all she appeals to. I don't believe that's true and unfortunately that is mainly an American thing because in Europe, there seems to be an acceptance of being a fan if you're straight as well. In America, it seems immediately when someone says they're a fan of Madonna, they think, "are you gay?" I don't think fans gay or straight want her to get boxed in to being just a gay entertainer. It will continue to limit her audience.

I have to agree. The problem is that I know some fans get discouraged because some dee jays tend to laugh at people who request new Madonna songs. I can see if you're calling an all rock channel or an alternative or college station, you getting that reaction, but not a pop station.

And I hate to think that her "gay following" hurts her as well. I'm not sure why some people thumb their nose up to Madonna because she has a gay following and feel that is all she appeals to. I don't believe that's true and unfortunately that is mainly an American thing because in Europe, there seems to be an acceptance of being a fan if you're straight as well. In America, it seems immediately when someone says they're a fan of Madonna, they think, "are you gay?" I don't think fans gay or straight want her to get boxed in to being just a gay entertainer. It will continue to limit her audience.

I'm in high school right now and that is most peoples attitude towards her. Some girls I know have even called her "an ugly old hag," which is quite laughable coming from them. :lol: I guess its mostly just ageism :doh:

I'm in high school right now and that is most peoples attitude towards her. Some girls I know have even called her "an ugly old hag," which is quite laughable coming from them. :lol: I guess its mostly just ageism :doh:

Well, don't feel bad. When I was in High school in the 80's, I had people come up to me that knew I was a fan and called her all kind of ugly names. Back then, it was more like "slut" and "no talent which won't last".

It seemed her fan based did a turn with female fans after the Virgin era. I noticed a lot of teenage girls stopped emulating her and started bashing her. I have a couple sisters who enjoyed her songs from LIKE A VIRGIN, but then lost interest when TRUE BLUE came out.

Top 40 radio is not going to play a woman in her 50s singing pop tunes. Their target audience doesnt give a crap about Madonna, and probably knows little about her except for the fact that she kissed Britney and had a hit here in there in the 00s. Ive accepted that fact that it will take a miracle for Madonna to score another massive radio hit (at least on her own) and even if it does happen one day it will be a fluke.

Top 40 radio is not going to play a woman in her 50s singing pop tunes. Their target audience doesnt give a crap about Madonna, and probably knows little about her except for the fact that she kissed Britney and had a hit here in there in the 00s. Ive accepted that fact that it will take a miracle for Madonna to score another massive radio hit (at least on her own) and even if it does happen one day it will be a fluke.

She'll still get airplay in the UK but I think her resistance to promotion works against her. With Hard Candy she came over for the Big Weekend and Radio 1 supported her for the first two singles. However, Celebration struggled to get airplay and Revolver hasn't even made it even though it's a very 'now' sound. Radio is a multi-channel media now and there are many stars out there willing to give time to interviews, appearances etc and they will win the airplay. As for requesting it, it's not something that is so common over her. The radio stations still dictate what gets played which is good in a way as you hear stuff you wouldn't listen to if the general population got their way. So no Westlife and not so much Joe Mcelderry!

Celebration ddi not struggle to get airplay - it was a no2 airplay hit. It stayed 3 weeks in the top 5 and around7 weeks in or around the top 10.

Because this new version features Akon, would nt it be classed as a "different" song?

So what are your thoughts? Try to be positive about it. This is all we got right now. If we can help by showing support, maybe it will crack the top 40 if not better? It's not impossible and it's not like songs haven't had a second chance in the past.

naive heart...i admire your guts to write something so warm hearted like that in this site filled by vicious predators avid to tear our bitch apart, slit her throat, rip off her head and eat it with fries...here where her fans call her music with so nice words like: shyt, crap, etc etc etc...

you are lovely :sassy:

naive heart...i admire your guts to write something so warm hearted like that in this site filled by vicious predators avid to tear our bitch apart, slit her throat, rip off her head and eat it with fries...here where her fans call her music with so nice words like: shyt, crap, etc etc etc...

you are lovely :sassy:

Thanks, but there isn't anything naive in what I've said. I just don't try to think of the negative like many do. I do the same with much of my life. I don't really put much thought of anything I dislike or have no hope in. And honestly, I am well past the stage in believing Madonna will ever achieve the same sort of success and fame as she's done in the past. But it doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and predict the worst or show no support.

fak- that was its UK airplay. This thread refers to a U.S. radio date.

"Celebration" fared pretty well in UK airplay- but then it plunged down the charts. Had an OK run though while it was climbing up.

fak- that was its UK airplay. This thread refers to a U.S. radio date.

"Celebration" fared pretty well in UK airplay- but then it plunged down the charts. Had an OK run though while it was climbing up.

I was responding to Jonski who I assumed was talking of the UK charts.

For what it's worth: When you go to mediabase.com, it shows the "Celebration" single cover, and shows the following text:

Echoes of Madonna's signature sound are in the DNA of the biggest Top 40 hits!

Top 40 & Rhythmic Radio Adds on 1-26-10