Get Up Lisbon (RIT Tour) has leaked

neutrocks

S&S didn't contain as many tracks from TIC era, though, which was Madge's commercial heyday. I don't think the era would have much bearing on how it's marketed; AL may not have been a very successful album, but popularity isn't only judged by album sales and the charts. The RIT was very successful, after all.

ptotry- M should know, as the interviewer in Attitude asked about BAT and releasing it on DVD.

Guest bluejean

S&S didn't contain as many tracks from TIC era, though, which was Madge's commercial heyday. I don't think the era would have much bearing on how it's marketed; AL may not have been a very successful album, but popularity isn't only judged by album sales and the charts. The RIT was very successful, after all.

Don't you think there's a reason why they haven't bothered releasing it so far? Because they don't think it's worth it.

And in terms of marketing, there wouldn't be any for such a release so that's irrelevant really. My point was that it wouldn't draw interest the way the older tours would just sitting on the shelves. The "highlights" are already on I'm Going To Tell You A Secret. Noone cares anymore especially not Madonna. Only hardcore fans that want to have absolutely everything. The only way it will get released is if Guy decides it. Hopefully it just leaks instead.

Guest Danny86

^Agreed. If it was Madonna's very last tour and she retired, or if they needed the money, they'd be releasing it, along with VT and BAT.

MJ's Dangerous Tour was the "first MJ tour on DVD" so obviously it did well. Also, most of the big hits of RIT were reused on S&ST. If on the next tour she does EY, MG, PDP and CFY again, RIT will have no relevance whatsoever in terms of the "show with the hits" anymore.

Maybe later on in her career they are planning on releasing something similar to what the band KISS has done with KISSology. They released pretty much all their concert/interview/specials material into 3 or 4 volumes. I think pretty much all their stuff was covered, even multiple shows of the same tour. Then again, Gene Simmons will cash in on anything. So who knows? :p

^Agreed. If it was Madonna's very last tour and she retired, or if they needed the money, they'd be releasing it, along with VT and BAT.

MJ's Dangerous Tour was the "first MJ tour on DVD" so obviously it did well. Also, most of the big hits of RIT were reused on S&ST. If on the next tour she does EY, MG, PDP and CFY again, RIT will have no relevance whatsoever in terms of the "show with the hits" anymore.

Bullshit. As i said streisand released a show that was already on dvd (it was just a different show with some different songs) along with a 3 YEARS OLD SHOW last year, and it did very good (and she has tons of dvds out, like a tv specials). I've seen lots and lots of old tours on dvd, some from no so huge acts so I just believe the problem is the quality of it, or they're just lazy.

I can't imagine they think BAT would not be worth it, so I don't think that's necessarily a reason for not releasing RIT. Again, is releasing "I Am Because We Are" worth it (financially), or is releasing her less-than-stellar movies on DVD worth it? The companies behind them have no issue releasing those. There would be no loss in releasing RIT. It would be more accurate to say that it's just not a priority for the parties involved.

Danny, I agree that if M does those tracks again on a future tour, RIT may be rendered inconsequential. But, even for something like "Vogue"- the IGTTYAS clip is edited, and does not do it the justice it deserves.

^True, but I think he means that (in his eyes- correct me if I'm wrong, Danny)) there wasn't anything special about those RIT performances. For me, CFY was a nice, dedicated-to-the-fans performance (and she hadn't sung it in almost 20 years at the time). I liked EY- it wasn't as in-your-face as BAT, but I liked the military theme, and the "Come on Boys..." change-up. PDP and MG? When- it was great to see them performed, but of the four he mentioned, she's staged those better in the past (though with something like MG, she had staged it campy with every performance, so maybe a straight, rock-edged interpretation was a decent choice).

Something like "Vogue" always has a grand performance- like I said, the edit on IGTTYAS isn't to my satisfaction (just as the Truth or Dare performance edits aren't).

^True, but I think he means that (in his eyes- correct me if I'm wrong, Danny)) there wasn't anything special about those RIT performances. For me, CFY was a nice, dedicated-to-the-fans performance (and she hadn't sung it in almost 20 years at the time). I liked EY- it wasn't as in-your-face as BAT, but I liked the military theme, and the "Come on Boys..." change-up. PDP and MG? When- it was great to see them performed, but of the four he mentioned, she's staged those better in the past (though with something like MG, she had staged it campy with every performance, so maybe a straight, rock-edged interpretation was a decent choice).

Something like "Vogue" always has a grand performance- like I said, the edit on IGTTYAS isn't to my satisfaction (just as the Truth or Dare performance edits aren't).

I actually understand your point, but there is something about RIT that seems like it does stand out much like BAT did (at least to me it does). And maybe if she sings those songs again on a future tour, it will lose it's appeal. But over all, there is something about RIT that stands out to me. It's the whole package for me, not just about the specific songs that she hadn't performed in a long time and could perform again in the future.

Ooh I just watched some of the Ground Zero video of the tour. She sung "Burning Up"!?! That made me so happy, that's one of my favourite M songs ever. And the DAD interlude was amazing. The whole concert is fantastic. Now I want this rumour to be true even more.

Guest bluejean

I can't imagine they think BAT would not be worth it, so I don't think that's necessarily a reason for not releasing RIT. Again, is releasing "I Am Because We Are" worth it (financially), or is releasing her less-than-stellar movies on DVD worth it? The companies behind them have no issue releasing those. There would be no loss in releasing RIT. It would be more accurate to say that it's just not a priority for the parties involved.

Well you're really just contradicting yourself because SURELY if they knew it would make good money then they'd make it a priority. These people think in business terms above all else, not about fans. Even Madonna. Of course less relevant stuff like 'I Am Because We Are" gets released because Madonna gives two shits about that. She wanted people to see that. Reinvention is in the past and had some sort of semi release already with the doco.

Danny, I agree that if M does those tracks again on a future tour, RIT may be rendered inconsequential. But, even for something like "Vogue"- the IGTTYAS clip is edited, and does not do it the justice it deserves.

Of course it doesn't. But I doubt that's a big concern at Madonna's camp. Take the 'Celebration' project as an example of how important doing things justice is.

Guest bluejean

But over all, there is something about RIT that stands out to me. It's the whole package for me, not just about the specific songs that she hadn't performed in a long time and could perform again in the future.

I know, I really do like this show. But I think we have to be realistic about the possibility of it being released anytime soon. I just think, if they were going to they'd have already. And correct me if I'm wrong the last word I recall was Guy stating it had already been released as part of 'I'm Going To Tell You A Secret.' Was anything else said since then?

I know, I really do like this show. But I think we have to be realistic about the possibility of it being released anytime soon. I just think, if they were going to they'd have already. And correct me if I'm wrong the last word I recall was Guy stating it had already been released as part of 'I'm Going To Tell You A Secret.' Was anything else said since then?

When I asked Guy in september 2008 in Paris (before the show) he said it will be released "one day".

Regardless of M's level of interest on a past project- the fact is that most people will not see something like I Am Because We Are- so, making a profit likely isn't taken into consideration regarding RIT's release, because as "passe" as something like the RIT may be to her, it would make more money than the documentary- that's the point. I think the documentary was a great idea, but I haven't seen it, probably won't and certainly won't purchase it (and that probably holds true for most)

Again, I hope they just release BAT and RIT as a deluxe package at some point down the line, or as part of a grand box set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQE6JUPTuWg

Lisbon, Express Yourself & Burning Up

so is this is beginning to leak? Ive never watched much of this tour but that version of Express Yourself is pretty good. Though the stage setting looks so small compared to Confessions Tour and looks tiny compared to Sticky & Sweet which was HUGE! and she looks bored as fuck in this performance.

He wants $$$

This is what he wrote to a guy from Mchile:

"It is the entire show with a good bit of audience shots at the beginning and end. I don't know what the sound or video specs are, this was just passed on to me via someone on the "inside". It's on a single layer DVD and there are no watermarks.

I've had offers of over $300 so I don't know what price is "right". I'm not going to let more than a few copies out there.

PayPal is the only method of payment accepted as it protects both parties. Tracking numbers will be provided for those in the USA.

Let me know! :)

Matt"

:doh: