Get Up Lisbon (RIT Tour) has leaked

neutrocks

We're not going to have the Blond Ambition discussion for the 83398748th time, now are we?

Who's having such a discussion? I know I made a brief reference, but please don't dictate what we can or cannot reference to. Thank you very much!

what I'm saying is there is no lawsuit pending ....

I agree, in late 2005 during the Attitude interview for Confessions she said the full show on dvd was going to be released after the documentary, and she said that one year after the dvd was filmed. Caresse was already out of the picture and I'm sure the whole cbs thing was already OVER.

Guest chatty kathy

I agree, in late 2005 during the Attitude interview for Confessions she said the full show on dvd was going to be released after the documentary, and she said that one year after the dvd was filmed. Caresse was already out of the picture and I'm sure the whole cbs thing was already OVER.

I'd like to read the Attitude interview again. Forgot about it!

I'd like to know how long she's contractually not allowed to release a product. It will be four years this year that IGTTYAS was commercially released. And, SURELY the contract with the BA laser disc has expired by now, since laser discs have been irrelevant for, what, 15 years? Especially since a 1991 Billboard article reported that the contract was going to expire in 1992 or so, and that they were planning a proper VHS release back then- guess something happened in the interim to dispute that.

I'd like to know how long she's contractually not allowed to release a product- I mean, SURELY the contract with the BA laser disc has expired by now, since laser discs have been irrelevant for, what, 15 years? Especially since a 1991 Billboard article reported that the contract was going to expire in 1992 or so, and that they were planning a proper VHS release back then- guess something happened in the interim to dispute that.

HG, do u know perhaps if the Alec Keshishian footage (who did shoot the entire show(s) in Paris) is owned by Miramax or not?

I don't know- but, if they're just going to release the HBO broadcast footage, or even the Japanese show- that's different footage than what's in Truth or Dare. If they were going to release the BAT with performances lifted from Truth or Dare (full performances, though), with the same look for the rest of the songs, then I could see where there could be an issue (if Miramax had rights to that footage).

I don't know- but, if they're just going to release the HBO broadcast footage, or even the Japanese show- that's different footage than what's in Truth or Dare. If they were going to release the BAT with performances lifted from Truth or Dare (full performances, though), with the same look for the rest of the songs, then I could see where there could be an issue (if Miramax had rights to that footage).

But dare to dream & just think about a BAT release NOT owned by WBR. :chuckle:

I'd like to know how long she's contractually not allowed to release a product. It will be four years this year that IGTTYAS was commercially released. And, SURELY the contract with the BA laser disc has expired by now, since laser discs have been irrelevant for, what, 15 years? Especially since a 1991 Billboard article reported that the contract was going to expire in 1992 or so, and that they were planning a proper VHS release back then- guess something happened in the interim to dispute that.

This is why wonder if it's pretty much Madonna's choice of not releasing it because she wants the focus to remain on TRUTH OR DARE. Personally, I rather she released BA on DVD. It will be a hot sell. I don't think it will take away from TRUTH OR DARE, nor it's sales. I mean; how many copies of TRUTH OR DARE selling now? Probably not many.

Guest Danny86

Of course those contractual stuff were ages ago and she could release either if she wanted to. I'm sure Madonna/Guy Oseary have this mentality of "we've already given them something new, so why would they want my old stuff?", CT DVD followed IMGTTYAS in a mere 7 months and in the next year she was already doing another show. And they know it's only a couple thousand fans around the world who want these DVDs, they wouldn't be big sellers on this day and age if they were just thrown out there, especially RIT (BAT is remembered for controversy etc).

I guess it was said already, but it's not hard to see the difference between the 2 leaked clips and the CT/S&ST professional recording. If Madonna was forced to put out a complete RIT show, I'm sure she'd go with Akerlund's recording of Paris. But of course, that would take a lot more effort than just releasing the properly edited Lisbon show sitting on a shelf.

BAT is regarded as one of those template-setting tours, though. If it were released on DVD individually, it would be sell alright (look how MJ's Live From Bucharest DVD sold upon individual release- this was before his passing; it also was included in The Ultimate Collection box set).

The best maneuver would be to issue BAT and RIT in a deluxe pack- the-two-birds-with-one-stone deal. I mean, they release other products that aren't going to rack up a heckuva lot of sales (maxi singles and I Am Because We Are documentary, among two examples), so why not something that actually could sell decently?

BAT is regarded as one of those template-setting tours, though. If it were released on DVD individually, it would be sell alright (look how MJ's Live From Bucharest DVD sold upon individual release- this was before his passing; it also was included in The Ultimate Collection box set).

The best maneuver would be to issue BAT and RIT in a deluxe pack- the-two-birds-with-one-stone deal. I mean, they release other products that aren't going to rack up a heckuva lot of sales (maxi singles and I Am Because We Are documentary, among two examples), so why not something that actually could sell decently?

Streisand did the same with her 1994 concert (the los angeles show, the las vegas show was ALREADY out on dvd) and the 2006 concert. the set was released last year and it was huge.

HG, do u know perhaps if the Alec Keshishian footage (who did shoot the entire show(s) in Paris) is owned by Miramax or not?

yepp, and they lost the footage

This is why wonder if it's pretty much Madonna's choice of not releasing it because she wants the focus to remain on TRUTH OR DARE. Personally, I rather she released BA on DVD. It will be a hot sell. I don't think it will take away from TRUTH OR DARE, nor it's sales. I mean; how many copies of TRUTH OR DARE selling now? Probably not many.

I tried to buy it but its been out of print for while, which is kinda strange.

Guest bluejean

I think it's more the fact that they can't be bothered releasing them. It's just something sitting on the back burner that they'll someday get around to releasing. In the last 5 or so years alot of old concerts from 80's and 90's artists have been released to DVD. But the difference with Madonna is she always has new products coming out every few years. So they choose to focus on those. Perhaps they'll surprise us and release them one Christmas time when Madonna has nothing out. Or we may have to wait another 10 years. But at some stage they'll release them.

Michael Jackson is the same. You can't buy the Bad or History tours at all. When they released the Dangerous tour it sold well because it was the FIRST and ONLY MJ concert ever available to buy. Blonde Ambition could sell a reasonable amount as its her most famous. Reinvention wouldn't really sell, even some hardcore fans dismiss it. I think The Virgin Tour would sell better and I'm surprised they haven't released that.

Michael Jackson is the same. You can't buy the Bad or History tours at all. When they released the Dangerous tour it sold well because it was the FIRST and ONLY MJ concert ever available to buy.

I am very surprised they haven't tried to cash in on those yet...

Casual fans could be interested in re-Invention, though, as it contains a lot of Immaculate-era classics.

Virgin Tour is only worth releasing on DVD if the three "lost" performances are included (either in their proper place or as bonus features- doesn't matter that Angel and Borderline aren't grand performances, it's for completeness, as those three songs were performed on the whole tour, or close to it).

Aw i love the Reinvention Tour...having missed DWT and not seen her since TGS in 93, this was awesome for me, the intro was spine tinglingly great, The Beast Within, the whole place was going mental for it, and continued to do so for 2 more hours.

I also liked her red lipstick in Lament

Guest bluejean

I am very surprised they haven't tried to cash in on those yet...

Well I'm sure they will now that he's dead, perhaps by next christmas. Its never a good move to release too many things at once. They most likely wanted to push This Is It down people's throats and all of his previous releases were selling truck loads without the need for anything new.

Guest bluejean

Casual fans could be interested in re-Invention, though, as it contains a lot of Immaculate-era classics.

I guess so. But its also from a period when Madonna was not as popular. I think its a great show, but now that its old what really is there to make people want to grab it if Sticky & Sweet has just hit the shelves? Sticky & Sweet has just as many hits performed and it's current. BAT has a better chance cos its CLASSIC Madonna. Same with Virgin.

Virgin Tour is only worth releasing on DVD if the three "lost" performances are included (either in their proper place or as bonus features- doesn't matter that Angel and Borderline aren't grand performances, it's for completeness, as those three songs were performed on the whole tour, or close to it).

I can't see them digging up those performances. They never bothered to put anything extra on anything so far so why would they for this?

I bet in 20 or so years when Madonna isn't doing anything new there will be surge of rereleases with bonus stuff coming out though. The demand will be much bigger then since they'll be no new releases.

Guest bluejean

there´s a dvd for his Bad tour.I think it was recorded for a japanish TV

Yes but it's not officially released. I think it's off a laserdisc release or perhaps recorded off TV (not too sure.) There's also an Australian one recorded off TV, its not the whole show though.

Both of those are the 1st leg of that tour, the 2nd leg is quite different and regarded as being the real deal. It's what he did in the US and has more songs from Bad. Unfortunately I don't think it was even filmed.