Madonna to perform at either Grammy's or Brits

Genevieve Vavance

Well, Hung Up at the Grammys was actually the first (and only) US television performance of the song months after the album was released.

Well the EMA's is broadcasted in the US and repeated constantly here. Plus performances are re-aired on MTV2 and MTV Hits

Guest Not4Pussies

i think its great if she does

why not?

we were bitching (some) about her not doing any performances lately

now that she might, no one is up for it?

i think its great if she does

why not?

we were bitching (some) about her not doing any performances lately

now that she might, no one is up for it?

She's Damned if She Does, Damned If She Doesn't.

They DONT Want To Hear "Revulva" or "Celebration"

They DONT Want A Medley of Hits.

:rotfl:

Madonna Performing >>> Madonna Not Performing.

M is set to OPEN the grammys according to anna:

from where things stand right now, i can fairly say m is set to open the grammys ceremony in february =] NOTE TO EVERYBODY : Anna made it clear this is not 100% confirmed yet.

well its way too early to publicly announce it as it's still only on paper, nothing signed yet. let's wait just a little while longer before jumping off our sits.

Well, the Grammy Awards are only 36 days away: January 31, 2010.

I suspect the news will be rolling in from official sources pretty quick here if she signs on to do it.

EXCITING!!! I can't wait, I'm always up for a new M performance.

It is quite a mystery though as to why and what she will be performing. If she's opening the show though then it's not too likely that she would be getting any sort of lifetime achievement award. Don't they typically give those out later in the broadcast and then the artist being awarded performs? Is Gaga up for any awards? Maybe they are going to open the show together. :confused: That would be the worst case scenario for me, no offense to Gaga but I just think that would look quite obvious and dare I say a little desperate on M's part. Maybe they both can rock those mirrored cone bras I saw Gaga wearing in a pic in her thread...lol. Regardless of all that though....IT'S A FUCKING MADONNA PERFORMANCE!! BRING IT ON!!

Guest Danny86

I'm quite convinced Madonna will sing a Michael Jackson song. It was already announced MJ will be honored and I doubt they would want Madonna to sing a song nobody heard in the US as an opening.

I'm quite convinced Madonna will sing a Michael Jackson song. It was already announced MJ will be honored and I doubt they would want Madonna to sing a song nobody heard in the US as an opening.

If this is the case I hope she has something good up her sleeve. Everyone is going to be ready to rip her to shreds if she effs up an MJ song!

If she does perform, I hope it has NOTHING to do with a fucking MJ tribute. Enough with that shit.

And doing ANYTHING with Gaga will only come across as desperate. For the love of god Madonna, please stay far far away from that over exposed nitwit!

Guest Danny86

If this is the case I hope she has something good up her sleeve. Everyone is going to be ready to rip her to shreds if she effs up an MJ song!

Hopefully she will do it better than Whitney:

That would make sense. Although I won't lie, I would love a "Revolver/Smooth Criminal" fusion, even though I have HAD IT with MJ tributes. How much longer is this funeral gonna go on?

Guest Danny86

I'd say this is the final stage of the funeral, this is the last big annual show that has not yet honored MJ, and they know at the moment they can get the ratings with MJ, one of the biggest sellers of 2009. Madonna said yes to VMA so not surprising she'd say yes to Grammy, considering it's still the most important show for pop artists.

That medley would be cool but it would be obviously a huge lipsynch fest and would cause quite an uproar here. I hope I'm wrong but I have the feeling it won't be a solo performance for Madonna...

I hope the rumors are true that she's performing. And I don't care what it is if she does so. She's never failed me yet! I do hope for something with dramatic costumes...and really theatrical and creative (just to stop the talk that she has lost her edge with artists such as Lady Gaga). But, like I said, she's never failed me yet. So, ler her bring it on. :)

Madonna in talks to open Grammy Awards

(Source: SNL)Even though we are sick of having Madonna's crotch in our face all the time, we still cling to her because we know she is capable of making artistic comebacks. We are already excited about her new album that has rock producer Brendon O'Brien on board and a possible reunion with Like a Virgin collaborator Nile Rogers. But the excitement doesn't stop here.

We are told that Grammy producers asked Madonna to open up the award show this year. At first, she refused because she had nothing to promote. However, her manager convinced her to perform a couple classics. If the talks go through, we will see Madonna performing a medley of "Holiday," "Dress You Up," and "Frozen." Let's hope that the talks don't freeze like they did with Saturday Night Live last year.

http://www.examiner.com/x-21081-Indianapolis-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d28-Madonna-in-talks-to-open-Grammy-Awards