US Chart Talk: 1/2/10

thebigham

well, rah rah ooh lala gaga oo lala dud duh looks like a masterpiece next to Tik Tok...and well, at least Ke$ha is hot...so are we witnessing a new version of the Britney vs Christina era, but in a more freaky way?..in the right corner freak number one with a 2009 best selling album and loads of millions of digital downloads...on the other corner, Kei$ha, with .... with....ok someone needs to catch up a lot! :doh:

Kesha is not hot. She looks like your typical white trash trailer park slut with genital warts.

ehhh...is it necessary to be that low towards a woman? and even mess with her warts?

bad bad bad :dramatic:

Guest nothingfails0603

Kesha is not hot. She looks like your typical white trash trailer park slut with genital warts.

I think she's an alter ego for Taylor Swift to unleash her inner ghetto trash side out. They look like they were separated at birth

kesha looks like a pron star

and so do many others, even our bitch had that era, don't you remember?...eroti,eroti put your hands all over my body....:fag:

anyway, i don't wanna be related to kesha 'cause I dislike her music so am leaving this thread...YOU NEVER SAW ME HERE!!!!.... :drool:

Guest nothingfails0603

well, rah rah ooh lala gaga oo lala dud duh looks like a masterpiece next to Tik Tok...and well, at least Ke$ha is hot...so are we witnessing a new version of the Britney vs Christina era, but in a more freaky way?

isn't Gaga vs. Katy Perry the Britney/Christina, Madonna/Cyndi, Debbie/Tiffany rivalry?

http://new.music.yah...-keysmetallica/

Metallica's 1991 blockbuster Metallica this week surpasses Shania Twain's 1997 smash Come On Over to become the best-selling album since Nielsen/SoundScan began tracking sales for Billboard on May 25, 1991. Metallica has sold 15,490,000 copies. Come On Over has sold 15,487,000.

WOW... to think that Metallica's album came when Soundscan hasn't covered much of the stores at that time...

Also, Metallica's album was never available via record clubs- that accounts for the certification difference between Metallica and Shania Twain. Come On Over's catalog life is over, anyhow, since her Greatest Hits (which contains 8 Come On Over tracks) ate up most of its sales.

Guest boytoyville

Susan Boyle Likely To Beat Mary J. Blige For No. 1 Album

http://www.billboard.com/news#/news/susan-boyle-likely-to-beat-mary-j-blige-1004055400.story

She kept Alicia Keys' "The Element of Freedom" from topping the Billboard 200 this week, and now it's looking like Susan Boyle will block another diva -- Mary J. Blige -- from the No. 1 slot. Industry sources suggest that Boyle's "I Dreamed a Dream" could sell another 500,000 by week's end on Sunday night (Dec. 27). That will be enough to fend off Blige's just-released "Stronger With Each Tear," which is on course to sell perhaps around 300,000 to 350,000 -- and possibly more. The queen of hip-hop/soul's last release, "Growing Pains," was released on Dec. 18, 2007 and bowed at No. 2 with 629,000. It moved to No. 1 the following week. "Stronger" is Blige's third studio set in a row to be released on the eve of Christmas. "The Breakthrough" started the trend back in 2005, when it launched at No. 1 with 727,000 following its release on Dec. 20. The next best debut will likely be the "We Are Young Money" collaborations album, featuring artists on Lil Wayne's Young Money label. The rapper himself appears on the majority of the set's tracks, in addition to such artists as Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda and Mack Maine. "We Are Young Money" is projected to move somewhere between 100,000 and 120,000 copies. Also of note is the reissue of Eminem's "Relapse" album with additional tracks. The combined sales of the deluxe package, "Relapse: Refill," along with the original release may be in the range of 85,000 to 100,000. Other albums that will debut on the chart, but with less impressive opening-week figures, include Mudvayne's self-titled set (with perhaps 15,000 to 20,000) and the "Nine" film soundtrack (also with 15,000 to 20,000). Nielsen SoundScan's sales tracking week, as reflected in Billboard's sales charts, runs from Monday through Sunday of each week. Next week's album charts will be revealed on Wednesday, Dec. 30 and will reflect data through the week ending Sunday, Dec. 27.

Guest missy bi_tch

No matter how good everyone think Lady Gaga is, Bad Romance is not even 1/1000th as good as Material Girl! :lmao:

Ermmm, different times different songs...

Material Girl might not have done well if it were an original song in 2009....

No basis for comparison. period.

Guest nothingfails0603

why do people have to pull unfair comparisons out... like Gaga sucks because she doesn't compete with a 25 year old Madonna song. Compare it to songs it should be compared with, current songs. But then they know compared to Tik Tok it doesn't look bad at all.

why do people have to pull unfair comparisons out... like Gaga sucks because she doesn't compete with a 25 year old Madonna song. Compare it to songs it should be compared with, current songs. But then they know compared to Tik Tok it doesn't look bad at all.

I didn't start it, but I realize it's kinda silly. :confused:

I remember he said he doesn't remember hitting Rihanna.

Don't think his apology is sincere anyway. Look how he reacted to the Walmart incident, he is just a piece of shit.

Ermmm, different times different songs...

Material Girl might not have done well if it were an original song in 2009....

No basis for comparison. period.

oh come on what u said was just stupid and nonsense...is like saying : rah rah ga ga ga would have been shit in the 60's etc etc...stop with all this crap and stupid assumptions!

ah..and merry christmass and happy 2010 :thumbsup:

HITS:

WEAKEND SALES PREVIEW: With one week remaining in the chart year, Susan Boyle and Taylor Swift are now less than 100k apart in their battle for the best-selling album of 2009. Taking a look at a preview of next week's chart, though reports are sketchier than usual, so don't bet the house on 'em:

Susan Boyle (Columbia): 600-625k

Andrea Bocelli (Decca): 350-370k

**Mary J. Blige (Geffen): 300-320k

Alicia Keys (J/RMG): 280-300k

Taylor Swift (Big Machine): 215-225k

Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ): 170-180k

Lady Gaga, The Fame (Interscope): 165-175k

Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville): 155-165k

Michael Buble (Reprise): 120-130k

**Young Money (Cash Money/Universal Motown): 120-130k

**debuts (12/25a)

No matter how good everyone think Lady Gaga is, Bad Romance is not even 1/1000th as good as Material Girl! :lmao:

the point is that it will be her first really good song, from a really hot artist of her time to get blocked at #1 when everyone will think that it must have been a #1 song... i am just talking about a chart performance comparison here, not quality..

Guest missy bi_tch

oh come on what u said was just stupid and nonsense...is like saying : rah rah ga ga ga would have been shit in the 60's etc etc...stop with all this crap and stupid assumptions!

ah..and merry christmass and happy 2010 :thumbsup:

wtf.. u r the stoopid one...

u sad loser

you dun even have a case dun even know wtf u r toking about

if material girl is a 2009 song the way it is, it may not be a hit...

more than half of what pple say here is based on conjecture, urs especially... duh shithead

wtf.. u r the stoopid one...

u sad loser

you dun even have a case dun even know wtf u r toking about

if material girl is a 2009 song the way it is, it may not be a hit...

more than half of what pple say here is based on conjecture, urs especially... duh shithead

get a grip dude and get over it :fag:

Let's stop! :asian:

Anyway, I still think Bad Romance has potential to hit #1. It's airplay is growing and digital sales hold strongly at #2. She's already dominating the United World Chart.

yep, but it'll be a tight battle with Keisha as it is growing also in airplay and holding steady in sales plus the album release will be pretty soon...anyway,I prefer Bad Romace 100% over Tik tak and seems like there's no other song threatening those 2 positions thus far...

Happy 2010 to everyone, I'm off for vacations! :fag: