Evita is an amazing movie

Lymon

Guest boytoyville

This film is a masterpiece. I remember seeing this movie when I was like in 8th grade and it had a huge impact on me. It made me a Madonna fan. My parents actually brough me to another town to see it in the theatre. I personally can't understand how anybody, especially a Madonna fan can not be inspired by this work. It's beautiful costumes, haunting themes, a beautiful true story, Magnificent costumes, and Madonna's voice. The music soundtrack still gives me chills. It's incredible. I couldn't give this project more praise. It had a huge impact on major studos investing in musicals again as well. I can only hope that Madonna becomes involved with a musical again.

P.S. Pud, I'm so dissapointed in you that you didn't like this film! It's ok though, I still love ya. :inlove:

Guest bluejean

i had a cancer boyfriend years ago. i swear i have never dealt with such a creature in my life. i mean they are the all time worst. the type that puts sugar in gas tanks if they dont like someone - very vindictive ugly people. could not deal. the types you see on judge judy. btw - shes libra!!!

I'm a cancer!!

Nothing you say applies to me. Which makes sense since star signs are mostly fictional!

DSS is AWESOME, and it definitely put her on the map, but some people seem to be overestimating it's importance to the film canon......and it was also a brilliant career move on her part. She certainly wasn't resting on her laurels, after her brilliant turn in A certain sacrifice. :chuckle:

Whether some of you love Evita or not is besides the point. The facts are that, for a brief moment, it gave her the one thing that has always alluded her....respectability. For the most part it was critically acclaimed, and the only time in her career when she was even mentioned in the same breath as Oscar.

I love DSS, but the only people going on constantly about it's greatness, are Madonna loons. Sorry, but it's not the iconic equivalent of The Blue Angel. Evita is flawed for sure, but it was a wonderful showcase for Madonna. She clearly was passionate about the role, and pursued it for years. Every time she spoke about it, you could see how close she was to it, and she certainly conveyed that in her performance. That is what came across to the many non fans, who embraced the film. Madonna herself has said that it's the role that she's most proud of.

This does not take anything away from DSS in any way. i believe both films are definitive in her career, and important in the understanding of her as a cultural icon.

Agree!

Well.. Pud thinks DSS is the best so therefor it just HAS to be the most critically acclaimed aswell.

*yawn*

Everyone knows EVITA is more or less the only critically acclaimed Madonna movie...

Some people need to separate their own opinions from reality...

People can like DSS over EVITA how much they want... but to claim that it was the most critically acclaimed while no one cared about EVITA is just big delusion...

We are talking about FILMS not documentaries.Yes, Susan was Madonna and that's the reason many are saying she wasn't actually acting. It's in the same league of TOD or IGTTYAS then.Saying SUSAN was Madonna doesn't make it a better movie or something.

This is her biggest problem. Everybody, fans and not fans, are looking for MADONNA in a film and not a character.

Well said... to even have "Susan WAS Madonna" as an argument for a movie being the better one is just ridiculous...

the whole point with a movie is to play a character...

EVITA was the only character Madonna played where she was really convincing...

This was the role of her life and her only acclaimed one... no matter what Pud thinks of the movie...

Sheesh calm down girlies.

People who like Evita like Evita. People who like DSS like DSS. One will not change the others opinion by spewing out more or less "facts".

EVITA and DSS were Madonna's most popular/widely known movies. Dat's it. The rest is pretty much opinion.

As for me I don't have an opinion since I haven't seen Evita yet. I absolutely loved DSS for the most part but that Arquette girl was very annoying to me. I'm getting Evita for Christmas so I'll see it then. I think musicals are really strange but I hope I like it, as it sounds like Madonna really put her heart and soul into the role she played from what I've read/seen in interviews.

Guest Pud Whacker

Sheesh calm down girlies.

People who like Evita like Evita. People who like DSS like DSS. One will not change the others opinion by spewing out more or less "facts".

EVITA and DSS were Madonna's most popular/widely known movies. Dat's it. The rest is pretty much opinion.

As for me I don't have an opinion since I haven't seen Evita yet. I absolutely loved DSS for the most part but that Arquette girl was very annoying to me. I'm getting Evita for Christmas so I'll see it then. I think musicals are really strange but I hope I like it, as it sounds like Madonna really put her heart and soul into the role she played from what I've read/seen in interviews.

well, get ready darlin'. and you have been warned - prepare yourself for a lot of this action with madonna's neck:

458d_turtle_head2_9K.jpg

well, get ready darlin'. and you have been warned - prepare yourself for a lot of this action with madonna's neck:

458d_turtle_head2_9K.jpg

:lol: LOL Pud. Well I've watched alot of Madonna movies so my expectations are not exceptionally high y'know. No offense to the M-Dolla. I'm ready but I'm giving it a fair chance too. Good or bad I say: Give It 2 Me. :boxing:

Guest Pud Whacker

:lol: LOL Pud. Well I've watched alot of Madonna movies so my expectations are not exceptionally high y'know. No offense to the M-Dolla. I'm ready but I'm giving it a fair chance too. Good or bad I say: Give It 2 Me. :boxing:

:rotfl:

listen, over the years i have learned to love the soundtrack, i think its fantastic. i was at the theater on opening day on december 25, 1996 at the cinerma dome in hollywood. i loved it despite the fact that my boyfriend at the time, kept leaning over and said, "would she just die already?" :lol:

anyway, yeah, give it a shot - once or twice a year, i try and give it a new perspective. there are moments i like and moments i dont. that said, i love everything madonna, this is just at the bottom of the barrel.

458d_turtle_head2_9K.jpg

4d523efe.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker

Pud is obsessed with Evita, as you can see. He can't stop talking about it.

darlin' - i talk about everything involving madonna. :thumbsup:

I watched both Evita and DSS and my opinion is as follows:

Evita : I hate musicals and I only watched it because it was Madonna's "acclaimed" role , it was boring.

DSS : I really wished there was more Madonna in it but I thought it was a good and entertaining movie .It would be just as good if Madonna wasn't in it.

The final verdict:

DSS , a winner is you.

I watched both Evita and DSS and my opinion is as follows:

Evita : I hate musicals and I only watched it because it was Madonna's "acclaimed" role , it was boring.

DSS : I really wished there was more Madonna in it but I thought it was a good and entertaining movie .It would be just as good if Madonna wasn't in it.

The final verdict:

DSS , a winner is you.

True. And give me Shangai Surprise anytime. :sneaky:

I think Evita in a way set the praise for Ray of Light. After the backlash of Erotica and the nonexistence of Bedtime Stories, people really loved her again. It was her return, Evita started that.

Yeah, but only cause people were expecting her to sink further into MOR hell. Her comeback was such a shock cause her fingers were back on the pulse again.

Evita is her best movie. She was amazing in it. She should ve gotten an Oscar for it.

Bullshit. If you knew about the Oscars you'd know that 1996 was one of the best years ever for actress performances. A nomination is even a bit of a stretch.

and DSS was not a common film like the breakfast club. with molly nothing. :ass:

DSS is a bit of a remake of the French New Wave film Celine and Julie Go Boating isn't it?

I hate The Breakfast Club. Sooo boring. Ferris Bueller is the best John Hughes bratpack movie by a mile.

oh, i wish i had it still on the video feed. you may be able to find it on youtube. anyway, my friend was backstage in the press room for nine network australia. and i called him and he was in front of her and she grabbed the phone ON AIR. and she said who is this? i said, nick - who are you? she said, gwyneth - so i said, well,thats great but im looking for (my friends name) and then she its nick for (friends name) and then the next day in the australian papers - they were asking WHO IS NICK? :rotfl:

i have the papers!!! anyway, it made my friend very popular because you know in australia they greet people at the airport so for their very own at nine network to get a plug at the oscars was a big deal. now hes head of publicity. :lol:

:rotfl::lmao:

BEST EVER

I hate the ugly Gwenneth bytch