Evita is an amazing movie

Lymon

heart.gif to sophia and elijah. xo

You must love non-Libras. I may be Capricorn, but my horoscope was good today.

Guest Pud Whacker

Im so glad some of the people here arent in charge of Madonna's career, because it would have died out years ago.

darlin', if i was in charge of her film career, shed still have one!!! oh yes she would.

Guest bluejean

I think Evita was a triumph because Madonna proved critics wrong with the soundtrack AND her performance. It was not the kind of movie that couldn't be huge because it is a musical, and its main audience was old people and Madonna fans. But she DID receive an award for it, and despite this being a Golden Globe this is huge because Madonna is known for being a bad actress. It was a big deal.

Susan on the other hand, IS a much cooler movie and yes Pud is right. People would choose that over Evita. It is a cult movie, and imo its not just because Madonna was in it. I think if you saw it back in the day you appreciate it alot more, which is the why fans here are divided with it. Madonna triumphed because it WAS a supporting role and her rising fame stole the spotlight from the lead actress. So it was the ultimate Madonna movie in that sense. I guess she is not really in it much, but somehow that just made her appearance more exciting. Sort of like Batman in the Batman movie :lmao:

Anyway, I like both movies but I'd have to say I prefer Evita. I don't mind musicals and I enjoyed her performance in this. But IF Madonna wasn't in both I'd prolly prefer DSS. It's more my sort of thing. Weird I know, but something about Evita just really drew me in. If it were say, Meryl Streep in that role I'd have not bothered seeing it.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Everyone knows The Breakfast Club, young and old. :thumbsup:

TBC is a teen classic. DSS is not, i'm sorry but comparing them is laughable.

Susan and Evita seem to be the 2 films that come up the most with her [by non fans]. If we're talking critics though, Evita easily takes the lead.

This is the only place I ever hear DSS get talked about. If you were to ask most people my age about this movie they would look at you with a blank stare and say, "Wha?". Now The Breakfast Club, everyone I know has seen that movie. THAT is a true 80s classic.

Guest Pud Whacker

You must love non-Libras. I may be Capricorn, but my horoscope was good today.

i do but i also love my fellow libras. i love all the signs. in fact, libra is the only sign in the zodiac that gets along with all the other signs because were neither animal or human.

Guest Pud Whacker

This is the only place I ever hear DSS get talked about. If you were to ask most people my age about this movie they would look at you with a blank stare and say, "Wha?". Now The Breakfast Club, everyone I know has seen that movie. THAT is a true 80s classic.

yeah, well youre from jersey. :rotfl:

and DSS was not a common film like the breakfast club. with molly nothing. :ass:

yeah, well youre from jersey. :rotfl:

and DSS was not a common film like the breakfast club. with molly nothing. :ass:

Breakfast Club is more common because its more of a classic. DSS is the "where are they now" of 80s films. You might think its a gem, but its a forgotten one. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :dindi::demonic:

TBC has become manifested with culture today. The '80s are sort of back now. Pud is right when he says that if the youth watched DSS or Evita, they would CLING to the former, the thing is that it's got just about no exposure. Not even a lousy Special Edition dvd. And Evita has more because it's a musical and musicals are in right now. And it's only 10 years old.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

TBC has become manifested with culture today.

Even high school films today struggle to keep up with that movie [though there have been some good ones]. It's a classic.

People need to STEP OUT of their MADONNA BUBBLES.

TBC has become manifested with culture today. The '80s are sort of back now. Pud is right when he says that if the youth watched DSS or Evita, they would CLING to the former

And if we showed the youth DSS or Transformers 2 they would probably cling to Transformers 2, so lets not leave this up to the youth to decide. :lol:

Even high school films today struggle to keep up with that movie [though there have been some good ones]. It's a classic.

:lol: Nothing to do with Madonna. I'm the kind of person who would much rather watch Heathers (even then..) over something like TBC or Pretty in Pink. The John Hughes stuff doesn't appeal to me.Then again, typical teens movies never have. Harry Potter, Twilight, Clueless, etc.

:rotfl: But you could say the same thing back then! For DSS vs. I don't know, The Letter starring Bette Davis? :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

What about the water ones? Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces :lmao:

librans do get endlessly annoyed by their emotional hang ups but we just continue to slam them down. :rotfl:

:lol: Nothing to do with Madonna. I'm the kind of person who would much rather watch Heathers (even then..) over something like TBC or Pretty in Pink. The John Hughes stuff doesn't appeal to me.Then again, typical teens movies never have. Harry Potter, Twilight, Clueless, etc.

You know what's a great movie? That one with Christian Slater, Pump Up the Volume. THAT is a great teen flick. Heathers is of course brilliant, kind of like the 1980s' Mean Girls but better.

You know what's a great movie? That one with Christian Slater, Pump Up the Volume. THAT is a great teen flick. Heathers is of course brilliant, kind of like the 1980s' Mean Girls but better.

Way better. I haven't seen Pump Up the Volume...

Guest Pud Whacker

Breakfast Club is more common because its more of a classic. DSS is the "where are they now" of 80s films. You might think its a gem, but its a forgotten one. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :dindi::demonic:

well, youre just an idiot. nothing personal but dont make such an asinine statement.

Guest Pud Whacker

I think Evita was a triumph because Madonna proved critics wrong with the soundtrack AND her performance. It was not the kind of movie that couldn't be huge because it is a musical, and its main audience was old people and Madonna fans. But she DID receive an award for it, and despite this being a Golden Globe this is huge because Madonna is known for being a bad actress. It was a big deal.

Susan on the other hand, IS a much cooler movie and yes Pud is right. People would choose that over Evita. It is a cult movie, and imo its not just because Madonna was in it. I think if you saw it back in the day you appreciate it alot more, which is the why fans here are divided with it. Madonna triumphed because it WAS a supporting role and her rising fame stole the spotlight from the lead actress. So it was the ultimate Madonna movie in that sense. I guess she is not really in it much, but somehow that just made her appearance more exciting. Sort of like Batman in the Batman movie :lmao:

Anyway, I like both movies but I'd have to say I prefer Evita. I don't mind musicals and I enjoyed her performance in this. But IF Madonna wasn't in both I'd prolly prefer DSS. It's more my sort of thing. Weird I know, but something about Evita just really drew me in. If it were say, Meryl Streep in that role I'd have not bothered seeing it.

cheers!!! cheers!!!

fantastic post.

yes, evita was a triumph for her. and yes, i would NEVER have seen it if someone else was in it. and YES, i would love DSS even if ellen barkin was susan. its a great motion picture.

Guest Pud Whacker

step out of your joanne bubble - would have seen evita without madonna?> WOULD YOU??????????????

:rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker

Aw, poor waterlings :lol:

My brother is a Pisces, hes the only one who gets an excuse from me. Cancers drive me up the wall.

i had a cancer boyfriend years ago. i swear i have never dealt with such a creature in my life. i mean they are the all time worst. the type that puts sugar in gas tanks if they dont like someone - very vindictive ugly people. could not deal. the types you see on judge judy. btw - shes libra!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

I have a friend who STOLE her ex-boyfriends GAS TANK to his motorcycle. She drove to the other side of the city and threw it away. She's a Cancer.

see? i speak only truth.

:lol: