Evita is an amazing movie

Lymon

Guest Pud Whacker

No doubt. At all. Would ROL had been such an event without the Evita love? No, not IMO. Madonna gained oodles of respect from all corners from Evita. So people were more accepting of her talent when she (thankfully) did ROL.

evita was VERY important in the history of madonna. it had to happen. that i will never deny.

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh Pud :lmao:

Like the Oscars are always RIGHT :lmao:

1oscars-gal-gwyneth-paltrow.jpg

I know you HATE the movie and you HATE the look and everything, but get real.

omg, you know i interrupted her speech backstage that night, right? :lol:

true story.

Guest bluejean

I love this movie.

I was so proud of her that she had a hit movie and proved the critics wrong.

Her voice sounds great.

This was her dream role and I'm sure for her it's one of the highlights of her career. I wouldn't say as a fan it's one of my highlights, but I did enjoy it and I love the soundtrack.

that is your opinion and i respect it even though the movie is pile of crap and if she was worthy of an oscar nomination she would have received one. she didnt and it wasnt.

And that is yours. I think everyone in the forum is well aware of it till now, but why do libras have always have to go to a crusade to IMPOSE their oppinion (even when its not mainstreet one). My brother would ve said that the world doesnt get it and his view is right though avangard.

and yes, i am a libra - which makes me automatically right. :rotfl:

well its not like I didnt see this comming.

DSS is AWESOME, and it definitely put her on the map, but some people seem to be overestimating it's importance to the film canon......and it was also a brilliant career move on her part. She certainly wasn't resting on her laurels, after her brilliant turn in A certain sacrifice. :chuckle:

Whether some of you love Evita or not is besides the point. The facts are that, for a brief moment, it gave her the one thing that has always alluded her....respectability. For the most part it was critically acclaimed, and the only time in her career when she was even mentioned in the same breath as Oscar.

I love DSS, but the only people going on constantly about it's greatness, are Madonna loons. Sorry, but it's not the iconic equivalent of The Blue Angel. Evita is flawed for sure, but it was a wonderful showcase for Madonna. She clearly was passionate about the role, and pursued it for years. Every time she spoke about it, you could see how close she was to it, and she certainly conveyed that in her performance. That is what came across to the many non fans, who embraced the film. Madonna herself has said that it's the role that she's most proud of.

This does not take anything away from DSS in any way. i believe both films are definitive in her career, and important in the understanding of her as a cultural icon.

Guest Pud Whacker

No I don't. I'm all ears now :lol:

oh, i wish i had it still on the video feed. you may be able to find it on youtube. anyway, my friend was backstage in the press room for nine network australia. and i called him and he was in front of her and she grabbed the phone ON AIR. and she said who is this? i said, nick - who are you? she said, gwyneth - so i said, well,thats great but im looking for (my friends name) and then she its nick for (friends name) and then the next day in the australian papers - they were asking WHO IS NICK? :rotfl:

i have the papers!!! anyway, it made my friend very popular because you know in australia they greet people at the airport so for their very own at nine network to get a plug at the oscars was a big deal. now hes head of publicity. :lol:

How does being Libra have anything to do with this? :lol:

Have u been around libras?????????? If you have, you know what I ve meant. In their eyes they are the holders of the truth, only their oppinion is totally right and they are never ever wrong, even when the whole world thinks differently. Then the world is wrong, not them. And yes, all libras are such.

Guest Pud Whacker

And that is yours. I think everyone in the forum is well aware of it till now, but why do libras have always have to go to a crusade to IMPOSE their oppinion (even when its not mainstreet one). My brother would ve said that the world doesnt get it and his view is right though avangard.

well its not like I didnt see this comming.

:rotfl:

i know, you love and hate your brother. you dont know if you want to hit me or kiss me, i get a lot of that. butt.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

Have u been around libras?????????? If you have, you know what I ve meant. In their eyes they are the holders of the truth, only their oppinion is totally right and they are never ever wrong, even when the whole world thinks differently. Then the world is wrong, not them. And yes, all libras are such.

:clap:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

DSS is AWESOME, and it definitely put her on the map, but some people seem to be overestimating it's importance to the film canon......and it was also a brilliant career move on her part. She certainly wasn't resting on her laurels, after her brilliant turn in A certain sacrifice. :chuckle:

Whether some of you love Evita or not is besides the point. The facts are that, for a brief moment, it gave her the one thing that has always alluded her....respectability. For the most part it was critically acclaimed, and the only time in her career when she was even mentioned in the same breath as Oscar.

I love DSS, but the only people going on constantly about it's greatness, are Madonna loons. Sorry, but it's not the iconic equivalent of The Blue Angel. Evita is flawed for sure, but it was a wonderful showcase for Madonna. She clearly was passionate about the role, and pursued it for years. Every time she spoke about it, you could see how close she was too it, and she certainly conveyed that in her performance. That is what came across to the many non fans, who embraced the film. Madonna herself has said that it's the role that she's most proud of.

This does not take anything away from DSS in any way. i believe both films are definitive in her career, and important in the understanding of her as a cultural icon.

Yeah.

Not a shot at DSS being a more popular film than Evita. Did someone argue that? :wacko: I'll have to look through these pages. People know Evita. Partially because it was a box office success, and partially because it has one of the more well-known musicals of the past 30 years. Partially because Madonna's name was above the title. The broadway show toured last year, even.

DSS is a St. Elmo's Fire. No Breakfast Club indeed.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

oh, i wish i had it still on the video feed. you may be able to find it on youtube. anyway, my friend was backstage in the press room for nine network australia. and i called him and he was in front of her and she grabbed the phone ON AIR. and she said who is this? i said, nick - who are you? she said, gwyneth - so i said, well,thats great but im looking for (my friends name) and then she its nick for (friends name) and then the next day in the australian papers - they were asking WHO IS NICK? :rotfl:

i have the papers!!! anyway, it made my friend very popular because you know in australia they greet people at the airport so for their very own at nine network to get a plug at the oscars was a big deal. now hes head of publicity. :lol:

:lol: You always seem to have some sort of relationship with Dingadong Land.

:rotfl:

i know, you love and hate your brother. you dont know if you want to hit me or kiss me, i get a lot of that. butt.gif

yes here you are TRUELY RIGHT. He can make me furious in the first minute and in the next: I m ready to forgive him everything... Its so wrong on so many levels.

And I m leo which I ve read is compatible with libras. I wonder how u stay alive around people with noncompatible signs :)

Guest Pud Whacker

Not a shot at DSS being a more popular film than Evita. Did someone argue that? :wacko: I'll have to look through these pages. People know Evita. Partially because it was such a box office smash, and partially because it has one of the more well-known musicals of the past 30 years. Partially because Madonna's name was above the title. The broadway show toured last year, even.

DSS is a St. Elmo's Fire. No Breakfast Club indeed.

another ding-a-ling.

ive told you sophia - PUT DOWN THAT PHONE AND GRAB YOUR PURSE. were taking your ass back to shady pines!!! :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

yes here you are TRUELY RIGHT. He can make me furious in the first minute and in the next: I m ready to forgive him everything... Its so wrong on so many levels.

And I m leo which I ve read is compatible with libras. I wonder how u stay alive around people with noncompatible signs :)

oh, we dont hang with the non compatible.

so, forgive me babe? :smooch:

another ding-a-ling.

ive told you sophia - PUT DOWN THAT PHONE AND GRAB YOUR PURSE. were taking your ass back to shady pines!!! :lol:

Do you DISAGREE? I know exactly what's contemporary and relevant and what's retained a cult following, I'm in that corner right now. Everyone knows The Breakfast Club, young and old. :thumbsup:

(but we all know which one I love more)