Of the 00's my favorite Madonna album is...

Guest Norig

"Hard Candy" -"See Which Flava You Like, and I'll have It Fo' You!" :dramatic:

Every Song is a Gem, Even "Spanish Lesson" is Hot. My Booty Will Never Get Tired of This Album.

American Life- I Love This Album! So Bad Ass. :americanlife:

COADF- Wasn't Really My Thing, But I Still Liked It.

Music- It Made The People Come Together, Apparently.

Guest SuperPop

1. COADF

2. AL

3. HC

4. Music

Both COADF & AL are perfect albums

HC was good

Music was just ok (although it has the masterpieces 'Gone' & 'Paradise (Not For Me)')

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

1. AL - I like folk and electro, good mix. Some good lyrics too and the best album look/design she'd had.

2. COADF - It's a bit samey, but i still like it a lot. Need to be in the mood though.

3. Music - I don't play it a lot, but i do like all of it. Good mix of fun and "serious" songs.

4. HC - Nicely produced, but hugely unoriginal. She could have done something cooler, but it's still fun.

American Life followed closely by Music.

I just love the acoustic folksy/electro tracks like Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Intervention, I Deserve It, Don't Tell Me and to this day enjoy listening to those two albums the most!

What are yours now that the 00's are coming to an end and we start the 10's?

I hate the judgment against this album from fans. I don’t care what critics say about Madonna because she was always a rebel in her own way. But the meanness of those you didn’t appreciate the Low-Fi quality of the acoustic tracks – the minimalism of the electronic layering of the production – the elementary simple lyrics – they’re far more adult than people give them credit.

I love everything about the album except the last two songs, the album cover art, and layout art.

American Life – Love Profusion, American Life, Nobody Knows Me

Music – Nobody’s Perfect, What It Feels Like For A Girl, Paradise (Not For Me)

COADF – Future Lovers, Let It Will Be, Like it or Not, Hung Up

Hard Candy – Incredible, Candy Shop

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

1. AL - I like folk and electro, good mix. Some good lyrics too and the best album look/design she'd had.

2. COADF - It's a bit samey, but i still like it a lot. Need to be in the mood though.

3. Music - I don't play it a lot, but i do like all of it. Good mix of fun and "serious" songs.

4. HC - Nicely produced, but hugely unoriginal. She could have done something cooler, but it's still fun.

Oh, my fav songs from each one...

1. Die Another Day

2. Sorry

3. Music/Paradise

4. Beat Goes On

1. CD04174.jpg

FAVORITE SONG: Get Together

FAVORITE VIDEO: Hung Up

FAVORITE LIVE PERFORMANCE: Future Lovers/I Feel Love (CT)

2. madonmusx.jpg

FAVORITE SONG: Music

FAVORITE VIDEO: Don't Tell Me

FAVORITE LIVE PERFORMANCE: Impressive Instant (DWT)

3. hard_candy_madonna.jpg

FAVORITE SONG: She's Not Me

FAVORITE VIDEO: Give It 2 Me

FAVORITE LIVE PERFORMANCE: She's Not Me (S&S)

4. Madonna-American-Life-248349.jpg

FAVORITE SONG: Die Another Day

FAVORITE VIDEO: American Life (not the flag one)

FAVORITE LIVE PERFORMANCE: Nobody Knows Me (RIT)

Guest nothingfails0603

1. COADF

2. Music

3. American Life

4. Hard Candy

I love 1-3, I like some stuff off 4 but probably has the most Madonna tracks off one album I skip.

Glad to see so many people here love AL, it always seems like to this day the album divides fans more than even Erotica or Hard Candy does.

Favourite song(s) from each album:

COADF-LIWB, Hung Up, Jump, Future Lovers.

AL-Nobody Knows Me, I'm So Stupid, Easy Ride, American Life, Hollywood.

HC-Shes Not Me, Beat Goes On, Give It 2 Me, Devil, Candy Shop.

Music-Paradise, Impressive Instant (thats all I really love on that album).

I cannot believe how high American Life and Music are rated, I was sure that everyone would say COAD was the best of the decade.

That being said, I'll go with everyone else and say American Life was quite good. I'm secretly stanning over Hard Candy, though.

I like them all for different reasons, but for me Hard Candy is the best album because I like most of the tracks. Miles Away, Give it 2 Me and The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You are some of Madonna's best recordings IMO. I also like the theme and style of this era best, especially the images from the Sticky and Sweet tour book. The Music and COADF eras are let down by the tacky themes throughout them, Cowgirl and Disco Dolly, no thanks.

Madonna-Sticky-And-Sweet-TourBookCover.png

Guest dicktracy

1. Music - it was fresh and bold if only a bit haphazard

2. COADF - consistent and somewhat safe but impeccably performed and produced

3. Hard Candy - fun in a lazy and carefree way

4. American Life - it could have been amazing but the lyrics came short even for Madonna standards and the songs for the most part sound like "Music" left over or b-sides.

I like them all for different reasons, but for me Hard Candy is the best album because I like most of the tracks. Miles Away, Give it 2 Me and The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You are some of Madonna's best recordings IMO. I also like the theme and style of this era best, especially the images from the Sticky and Sweet tour book. The Music and COADF eras are let down by the tacky themes throughout them, Cowgirl and Disco Dolly, no thanks.

Madonna-Sticky-And-Sweet-TourBookCover.png

I respect your opinion, and I think HC is a very solid album but...

Madonna_Hard_Candy.jpg

1. Music - it was fresh and bold if only a bit haphazard

2. COADF - consistent and somewhat safe but impeccably performed and produced

3. Hard Candy - fun in a lazy and carefree way

4. American Life - it could have been amazing but the lyrics came short even for Madonna standards and the songs for the most part sound like "Music" left over or b-sides.

Great summaries

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I respect your opinion, and I think HC is a very solid album but...

Madonna_Hard_Candy.jpg

Agreed. If we're talking tacky themes, HC is well and truly the crown taker for that :lol:

01 Confessions - It may have been safe but it was so well done, so who cares. Only 1 or 2 stinker songs. The rest is incredible. It deserved every single bit of success it had!

02 Music - Madonna at her most confident, really creative and hasn't aged at all. One of her most unique projects.

03 American Life - I go back and forth with this one but the bottom line is that when I am in hte mood for it, I really enjoy it. There are a few really terrible songs on here though.

04 Hard Candy - never really connected with this album.

1. Hard Candy by miles - great songs with a mix of pop and ballads (only the artwork theme was a mistake)

2. Music - just for Music and Paradise for Me which are classics

3. COADF - Good singles although a lot of disco filler

4. AL - Great songs stifled under harsh production

Looking back over these four albums, in comparison to previous decades, she's had a lot more filler on her albums but perhaps I will discover new favourites over time.