Of the 00's my favorite Madonna album is...

Guest Norig

American Life followed closely by Music.

I just love the acoustic folksy/electro tracks like Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Intervention, I Deserve It, Don't Tell Me and to this day enjoy listening to those two albums the most!

What are yours now that the 00's are coming to an end and we start the 10's?

American Life.

Loved everything about this album. The artwork, the imagine, the songs, the era. It was my soundtrack when I took vacations on the beach, I remember listening the AOL clips over and over before the album leaked. The promo was huge, we got the MTV Special On Stage & On The Record and on and on...

1. Confessions On a Dance Floor

A generally safe album, but the overall high quality and consistent is what basically saves it. Except for a couple of tracks, this is one of Madonna's least original albums though. The sound is just a fresher and higher quality version of typical Euro-pop-club music, that has been for 10 years already. But the high quality and consistent makes up for originality lack.

2. American Life

A development of the "Music" album. One of Madonna's most original albums and a sound in many of the tracks that still to this day sounds like nothing else. More consistent than Music aswell. The low points are some banal inputs in some songs that turns potentially great songs bad in parts. Production-wise it is great and probably one of Madonna's best produced albums, lyrically it's not as consistent though. "Mother and Father" is for instance amazing in some parts, and truly ridiculous in others.

3. Music

Madonna surprises us with a new and fresh sound for a new decade with this one. She brings electro-pop to the mainstream in a way it has never been done prior. It could have been more consistent though music-wise.

4. Hard Candy

Madonna's least inspired album to date. It's not a bad album though, but it is her least original and lowest quality album to date. Inconsistent to say the least. I prefer the darker sounding songs in the end of the album. Includes one of her worst songs of her career "Spanish Lesson". An album where you can easily hear where Madonna has been lazy in her inputs and where she had some input, which also contribute to its inconsistent.

4.- American Life: Yes it's her most "profound" but none of the songs became personal classics.

3.- Hard Candy: It brought 7 classics to my personal list: Heartbeat, She's not me, Voices, Miles away, Devil..., Beat goes on, Incredible. But it also had songs i disliked the most from her albums: Candy shop, Give it to me, 4 Minutes, Spanish lesson, Dance tonight--->urgh!

2.- Confessions on the dancefloor: It's a very balanced album from beginning to end. Despite it only produced 4 personal classics ( Hung up, Get together, Sorry, Forbbiden love) there's not any song that I dislike.

1.- Music: Most became personal classics: Music, Impressive Instant, Runaway lover, Amazing, Nobody's perfect, What it feels like(oakendold remix), Gone and the amazing PARADISE NOT FOR ME!...and i don't dislike Don't tell me and American pie that much.

01 Confessions On A Dance Floor - that along with Goldfrapp's Supernature encapsulated 2005 for me.

02 Music - Impressive Instant, Don't Tell Me, Gone :inlove::inlove:

03 American Life - even though its lows (I'm So Stupid) are better than Music's lows (Amazing, American Pie, Nobody's Perfect)[/i], its highs while very good, aren't as good as the former.

-------------------------

04 Hard Candy - when you have an album that's inferior to both Like A Virgin and Bedtime Stories, you know it's truly bad.

1. COADF - majestic return to commercial form with a wholly consistent album, kick ass lead single and video. She looked at her best too.

2. Music - my heart skipped a beat when I first heard Impressive Instant. Some superb tracks outside the main singles. Fantastic production that didn't drown out her new found soul voice.

3. American Life - I really like it but its fault is that it is a bit lumpy and repetitive. Some good melodies but at times they are lost in the mix of the production.

4. HC - desperate at times still can't fathom the reasoning behind this album following the success of COADF. I can understand her not wanting to do the same again but its main saving grace was GITM and that essentially was just a reworked old Pharell song. The only album in her career I wouldn't save if I were on a sinking ship.

I put them in order of which albums I could listen to in their entirety.

1. Confessions on a Dancefloor

2. Music

3. Hard Candy

4. American Life

04 Hard Candy - when you have an album that's inferior to both Like A Virgin and Bedtime Stories, you know it's truly bad.

well, that's your opinion...indeed! :boxing: