Madonna prepares for new album?

Guest dicktracy

Guest dicktracy

Another brilliant post! It has AMAZED me how people just flat out DO NOT WANT to see that HC has some substantial stuff on it. AND BEFORE ONE OF THE USUALS HAS TO MAKE A STATEMENT...LET ME JUST SAY I'M NOT COMPARING HC TO ROL OR LAP SO UNCURL THE LIP AND UNTWIST THE PANTIES....but I'm glad you brought up Incredible because I'm just surprised this song hasn't been "analyzed" more by M fans. You are spot on dicktracy, if that song were a ballad it would be heartwrenching. Even the way she sings it on the album is quite sad despite the upbeat production. TO ME her voice projects optimism, happiness, sadness, defeat and anger all in one song. You can almost hear her mood shift when the beat switches on that song. Incredible is incredibly underrated IMO. Definitely a unique M song, it's one of a kind in her catalog.

People keep talking about they want the "divorce album". Well, I think HC IS the divorce album. It's blatantly obvious from the lyrics on the album that even by 2007 when she was writing these songs it was pretty much a "wrap" for Mr. and Mrs. Ritchie. Am I not the only one who listened to this album when it first came out and thought that it sounded like Madonna was having a marriage crisis?? Remember, HC came before ANY of the rumors started. I just assumed she may have been writing about old experiences.

Well, thank you Sir.

If HC was named Confessions II I wonder if people would get it. Maybe they would have approached it with a diferent attitude.

The exact quote is this, she's not in the studio yet but it seems he is her #1 collaborator pick at the moment:

"as some previous rumors were actually on spot, guetta is already working on some tryouts to shift m. and since she's going back to the studio in only a few more months, he's definitely a potential collaborator. which isn't a bad thing i suppose =]"

I'm kind of ambivalent about Guetta, but I am sure she'll try a few different people. I trust her instincts and honestly, people [read: fans] always doubt her but she delivers the goods more often than not. I am just excited that we are finally getting some inside info that a new album will begin soon.

Guest Danny86

Where did you watch it S&S?? Though I agree with you about her moving towards a more organic sound and hope that her next project reflects a more, dare I say, mature tone I really think that people have a misplaced idea about Hard Candy. Have you listened to the lyrics of Voices and Devil? What about the subject in Miles Away?? People may not like Incredible but the lyrics are very much about her failing marriage, if you turned the lyrics into a ballad it would be quite sad actually. So to consider HC all fluff just because of the way it sounds is just a bit ridiculous. Yep, Spanish Lesson is inane but I doubt it was ever meant to be more than tongue in cheek. Give It 2 Me is related to Don't Tell Me in theme while Candy Shop brings Where Life Begins with its double entendres.

Maybe some fans need to just acknowledge that they don't like a certain genre and live with it. The substance is still there but the sound has changed.

:clap:

She sang a lot of personal stuff on this album but fans who think a lead off single should be REVEALING like AL was need a reality check, that's never gonna happen. The first single will always be an accessible hot track but the rest of her albums will always include some stuff about her.

Oh and HC discusses more the falling apart marriage than LAP did, most stuff on LAP are not the result of the divorce at all.

:clap:

She sang a lot of personal stuff on this album but fans who think a lead off single should be REVEALING like AL was need a reality check, that's never gonna happen. The first single will always be an accessible hot track but the rest of her albums will always include some stuff about her.

Oh and HC discusses more the falling apart marriage than LAP did, most stuff on LAP are not the result of the divorce at all.

Thats true LAP was more about her childhood, or at least thats what I got from it.

Where did you watch it S&S?? Though I agree with you about her moving towards a more organic sound and hope that her next project reflects a more, dare I say, mature tone I really think that people have a misplaced idea about Hard Candy. Have you listened to the lyrics of Voices and Devil? What about the subject in Miles Away?? People may not like Incredible but the lyrics are very much about her failing marriage, if you turned the lyrics into a ballad it would be quite sad actually. So to consider HC all fluff just because of the way it sounds is just a bit ridiculous. Yep, Spanish Lesson is inane but I doubt it was ever meant to be more than tongue in cheek. Give It 2 Me is related to Don't Tell Me in theme while Candy Shop brings Where Life Begins with its double entendres.

Maybe some fans need to just acknowledge that they don't like a certain genre and live with it. The substance is still there but the sound has changed.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

But it doesn't help if you have mature lyrics, if the music is not. For me the music is more important than the lyrics, but obviously it's a combination.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate HC, I just find it musically uninspired though and at some points desperate, and I guess this is what I want Madonna to step away from.

Funny you mention, because my two favorite songs of HC just happens to be Voices and Devil, the two least immature ones. I just want something with more substance from Madonna again. She's 30 years into her career and 51 years old... i'm not asking for freaking Susan Boyle album (which happens to be the misunderstanding in here), Susan Boyle is granny music and that's not what I mean with mature music...

I'm just asking for a musically interesting album... I guess I'm just tired of the fluffy sound and that she is so desperate to exclusively cater to teens (in her mind atleast) and gays only... it's just boring... I think there is so much more to Madonna than these shallow uninteresting sounds.

i agree, i always thought Incredible minus the its time to get your hands up part, could be a ballad

and people are gonna be disappointed when she doesnt deliver that "breakup/divorce album"

Miles Away+She's Not Me+Incredible. It's the heart/middle of the album and I agree they are all about Guy/Divorce.

Exactly!

Well said afrolito... for once we seem to agree

People in here seem to have forgotten who we are actually talking about... it's MADONNA!

She doesn't need to spit out these lame hits for kids to get #1 on the download chart in the US... she's 30 years into her career and should just focus on making an amazing album...

Being desperate for some tweeny chart success will just turn-off people in the long run... you know the ones that actually buys albums...

Madonna is not in a place in her career where she needs those #1 downloads... her album sales are still healthy in these days... but the people buying her albums expect more than some teen-wannabe chart stuff from Madonna nowdays... in the long run it'll hurt her career to try to pretend like she's one of the pop princesses or act like Mariah Carey

I remember at the S&S show... people of all ages where looking like question-marks when she performed Candy Shop, Spanish Lesson and stuff like that...

I'd rather see an album in the line of ROL in terms of maturity and quality... instead of a Hard Candy II with Guetta onboard... and I think most people expect this and she will be more successful with that than having a top.10 download hit in the US for sure

Believe me when I tell you, most everybody in the audience at DWT had those same question marks on their faces when they were being subjected to Mer Girl, Nobody's Perfect and Candy Perfume Girl instead of some of her well known hits. In fact DWT is the only Madonna concert I've been to where I heard people complain while leaving the show. Ironically it was the show that was heavy on two of her most acclaimed albums, ROL and Music of course.

Believe me when I tell you, most everybody in the audience at DWT had those same question marks on their faces when they were being subjected to Mer Girl, Nobody's Perfect and Candy Perfume Girl instead of some of her well known hits. In fact DWT is the only Madonna concert I've been to where I heard people complain while leaving the show. Ironically it was the show that was heavy on two of her most acclaimed albums, ROL and Music of course.

I agree about DWT. But I don't think it was so much the lack of hits, but just the general character of the show and Madonna's persona in it. I know she was sort of playing a character but she came off as distant, cold, unfriendly and mean. Whereas with S&S, even if you didn't know or like all the songs, she was happy upbeat and you couldn't help but have a great time.

But it doesn't help if you have mature lyrics, if the music is not. For me the music is more important than the lyrics, but obviously it's a combination.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate HC, I just find it musically uninspired though and at some points desperate, and I guess this is what I want Madonna to step away from.

Funny you mention, because my two favorite songs of HC just happens to be Voices and Devil, the two least immature ones. I just want something with more substance from Madonna again. She's 30 years into her career and 51 years old... i'm not asking for freaking Susan Boyle album (which happens to be the misunderstanding in here), Susan Boyle is granny music and that's not what I mean with mature music...

I'm just asking for a musically interesting album... I guess I'm just tired of the fluffy sound and that she is so desperate to exclusively cater to teens (in her mind atleast) and gays only... it's just boring... I think there is so much more to Madonna than these shallow uninteresting sounds.

I agree with everything you said. Yes, it would be nice to have more mature interesting lyrics, but I could overlook the lyrics if the music was more interesting and compelling. Like you, voices and Devil are my favorites. And also by mature, I don't mean boring AC ballads like Susan Boyle.

I agree about DWT. But I don't think it was so much the lack of hits, but just the general character of the show and Madonna's persona in it. I know she was sort of playing a character but she came off as distant, cold, unfriendly and mean. Whereas with S&S, even if you didn't know or like all the songs, she was happy upbeat and you couldn't help but have a great time.

I think with DWT it was all of those things you mentioned simply because I think most people were expecting a lot of the HITS after having not toured for 8 years. Plus like you said the dark, distant persona aren't what most casual fans think of when they think Madonna. For me as a diehard fan, I found DWT BRILLIANT. S&S was by far the FUNNEST Madonna show I've ever been to though. For me her energy in S&S was so much like the energy and enthusiasm she exuded on the WTG and BA tours.

She's now rumored to be working with DJ Mehdi.

(not sure of the spelling)

Is there a new source for this rumor or are you just reiterating what Madonnalicious talked about in September? Cuz if it is coming from Anna now, maybe it's true. :)

I agree with everything you said. Yes, it would be nice to have more mature interesting lyrics, but I could overlook the lyrics if the music was more interesting and compelling. Like you, voices and Devil are my favorites. And also by mature, I don't mean boring AC ballads like Susan Boyle.

Great to see atleast someone agreeing with me and understanding my point.

It's just silly by some people to assume that when you say "mature" you mean granny music such as Susan Boyle.

For some people it seems to be only the GaGas/Britneys/Rihannas/BEPS on one side vs. the Boyles on the other... it's not that simple.

These people must have totally missed more or less all Madonna albums prior HC, especially such albums as ROL for instance.

Guest dicktracy

Same here. This was my first M concert and, though it was amazing, I did feel a bit cheated. Yeah, she hadn't toured for almost a decade and there were three full albums and a full soundtrack to 'promote' but after the Funny Song I was like WTH? Thankfully she ended with Holiday and Music because for a while there I was mad I didn't get to see TGS and BA live. So, if 'maturity' means that kind of animus than I tend to favor the fluff sound with SOME substance. I already buy Fiona Apple's albums every other decade when she decides to write them so I don't need M to ramble and wallow in her love/life misfortunes. She overcomes her trials without bitching about them and that's why I love her.

Guest dicktracy

all i can say is thank god because these stupid people will have to do a little investigating, they will find something they like and then we, the fans dont have the hear the moaning and groaning for the next 8 months because somewhere in afghanistan, the producer hasnt worked with the woman who flies like a bird.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Guest Danny86

She will always cater to the majority, just because there are some hardcore fans of her who are ENLIGHTENED and expect more from a 51 year old woman, she won't be changing herself. I guess most likely you will not be getting an "interesting" sound from her at this point, so if you don't like chart music or fun club-dance music, you won't be interested in her and each time she releases something, you will be like "oh but why can't she be like X years ago"...

And yeah, the argument about people at concerts being puzzled about CS or SL because they are IMMATURE is ridiculous, especially because Madonna herself always noted that it's the ballads that lose the attention and they are more often mature than shallow. Like others said, people are not expecting a DWT concert when they attend a Madonna show, they expect the dance hits like Holiday or Vogue, so you can't really reflect your taste onto that.

Hehehe I found this fake on youtube, it's suppose to be from her new upcoming album. Not sure if someone had posted them before;

It isn't Madonna, but I kinda like it :lol: (Even though the music is DAD backwards)

Don't wanna start a new thread

But In New Album related news I Just got word that Warner Brothers is putting out a Remix album/project of Madonna's catalogue.

It's in pre production now, no word yet on how many tracks or which ones will be chosen.

And I don't know if Madonna is involved or Warners is doing it on their own. Stay Tuned!

Guest dicktracy

Don't wanna start a new thread

But In New Album related news I Just got word that Warner Brothers is putting out a Remix album/project of Madonna's catalogue.

It's in pre production now, no word yet on how many tracks or which ones will be chosen.

And I don't know if Madonna is involved or Warners is doing it on their own. Stay Tuned!

Source? Would it be Celebration: The Remixes?? Are they going to start milking her catalogue already? Wow, good for us I guess. My wishlist would be official versions of:

1. Liquid Love

2. Love Won't Wait

3. Dear Father

4. You Thrill Me

5. Revenge

6. La La

7. Across The Sky

8. Give It 2 Me (Timbaland's Version)

9. Why's It So Hard (with the Jamaican dude)

10. Broken

Guest Danny86

NY Post blog recaptures the rumours. :chuckle:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/new_madonna_album_details_AzEDppwWSwNcoCI8KxIHoJ

Madonna to embrace hardcore rap on next album?

Working on her 12th studio album, supposedly due out next year, the queen of mom-pop -- Madonna, if you're old school -- is reportedly in the studio working with some of the newest know chart toppers.

One of the few confirmed producers on the new venture is indie-rock producer Brendon O’Brien, who’s previous creds include hits for Bruce Springsteen and Pearl Jam. And now, with news that A-Trak (one of the world's most prolific electro-rap DJ's) is said to be producing some of the album, it sounds like this new incarnation of Madonna will be a blend of rock anthems, legit rap and funky club beats. Or in other words: pure brilliance.

And according to many Madonna fan-sites, David Guetta is also said to be vying for his shot to work with Madge, saying he is "already working on some tryouts to shift Madonna."

With all this talent filling up one CD, it looks like one very toned 50-something is making sure she doesn't end up as the Whitney or Mariah of 2010.

Madonna will be back in the studio to start recording the new album in a few months from now. David Guetta is definitely a potential collaborator. He’s already working on some tryouts to shift Madonna. Fernando Garibay (U2, Beck, Sting, Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, les Pussycat Dolls, P. Diddy, Will I am…) also revealed he just finished one of his biggest records ever: a dance floor anthem that Madonna could be interested in. French DJ Mehdi and A-Track have also been contacted to work on the album…

absmadonna

Madonna will be back in the studio to start recording the new album in a few months from now. David Guetta is definitely a potential collaborator. He’s already working on some tryouts to shift Madonna. Fernando Garibay (U2, Beck, Sting, Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, les Pussycat Dolls, P. Diddy, Will I am…) also revealed he just finished one of his biggest records ever: a dance floor anthem that Madonna could be interested in. French DJ Mehdi and A-Track have also been contacted to work on the album…

absmadonna

The same recycled rumors. Thnx for posting tho.