Madonna prepares for new album?

Guest dicktracy

So if she would do an album with sounds of her shitting you would be there supporting it?

PLZZ

The only immature thing is for Madonna to turn into some lame GaGa/Britney/Rihanna kind of artist

I can't believe we are speaking about the same woman... this is the woman that gave us ROL/Music/LAP and other quality albums throughout her career

*hides Revolver on iTunes*

Like it was said already, Rihanna is the perfect example, nobody cared for a slow ballad with Ne-Yo beats from her, they wanted another Umbrella or Don't Stop The Music. From Madonna they expect a song with a bang, like Music/Hung Up/4 Minutes and her label/management/whatever knows that and it's not gonna change because you and a few other fans online are frustrated by that.

I don't think you can compare Rihanna and Madonna like this. People expect an uptempo R&B or dance song from Rihanna because that is all she has done. Madonna has had many ballad hits that people remember and love from the past. Madonna has done so many different types of songs unlike Rihanna so I don't think people have the same expectations that they do of an artist like Rihanna.

So if she would do an album with sounds of her shitting you would be there supporting it?

PLZZ

The only immature thing is for Madonna to turn into some lame GaGa/Britney/Rihanna kind of artist

I can't believe we are speaking about the same woman... this is the woman that gave us ROL/Music/LAP and other quality albums throughout her career

I think you are just trying to wind everyone up. I'm sorry I took the bait. If you hate her so much then just ditch her already and stop complaining?! For the true Madonna fan who accepts her and her music as it is, we're here to stay. We don't expect every album to be a winner and/or to like every song. We're here to enjoy whatever she puts out whether we like it or not and to see how it and life inspires her next.

I think you are just trying to wind everyone up. I'm sorry I took the bait. If you hate her so much then just ditch her already and stop complaining?! For the true Madonna fan who accepts her and her music as it is, we're here to stay. We don't expect every album to be a winner and/or to like every song. We're here to enjoy whatever she puts out whether we like it or not and to see how it and life inspires her next.

Well said!! :thumbsup:

WHO THE FUCK ARE U FUCKING NOBODY NEWBIE

Susan Boyle quality!?!? Read my posts before commenting on them

Is their only Susan Boyle and GaGas and Britney's in your music world??... then i'm sorry for u

lol...someone still has that damn enema stuck in his/her/or whatever the hell's ass !

ah...merry christmass to you too, "old fart" :fag:

:thumbsup::bow:

How about waiting? Rumored info is fine to discuss, but some have a hard time believing Madonna will do something that they’ll enjoy again.

I won’t underestimate Madonna. She gets bored like we do. I won’t be surprised if the next album is the anti-HC -- Bjork said it best in “You’ve Been Flirting Again”

Give Her Some Space / Give Her Some Time

PLZZ

I'm sure if the album of her shitting were produced by somebody nobody here has heard of before then it would get raves across the board for being "groundbreaking". If Madonna wanted to make an album like that I would 100% support her decision to do that and I would still be receptive to hearing her NEXT album. She's the artist she can do whatever the fuck she wants. She's done well for herself without my or ANY OF OUR inputs. However, I would not ENJOY an album like that....and that would probably be the first Madonna album I skip out on buying.... but that's not really her problem is it? She may lose me with that album but gain somebody who's never bought a Madonna album before. Which is why she is wise for NOT listening to fans that want her to do what they want her to do. Madonna would've been making a variation of ROL for the last 12 years if she listened to her "message board" fans. I'm THANKFUL Madonna isn't a Mariah like artist who panders to her fans and is seemingly afraid to try different things because she doesn't want to "ruffle the feathers" of her lambs.

I can only speak for myself on this, but I've been following Madonna 20 years. I have enough confidence in her at this point to not worry that she will turn into ANYBODY who is "hot" (or not) at the moment. I'm familiar with her enough as an artist to know that that is not her. She has yet to make an album without the bonafide "Madonna stamp" on it. I don't see why this would suddenly change in the sunset of her career. She is indeed the same woman that gave us ROL/Music/LAP but she's also the same woman that gave us LAV/BS/COADF and HC. I would be incredibly bored with her if she ALWAYS wanted to be super reflective and serious AND if she ALWAYS wanted to be the "dancing queen" with nothing else to sing but "get into the groove" and "I'm hung up on you".

Guest Danny86
If you want Madonna to be a singles artists that's up to you, I think it's a sad day when her fans asks her to throw out worthless peace of crap that is SO underneath her artistically, when facts is it DOESN'T HELP HER ALBUM SALES...

If you wanna be technical: Madonna has always been considered as a single artist. It's always the singles that were in the spotlight and as a side effect, her albums were sold, some in great quantity, some a bit less. When her first single flopped (1992, 2003), the album went under the radar and there was no way it could have been turned in the same era. None of her album tracks are famous and while LAP and ROL got the most attention as albums among hers, there are far from being the most famous and revered albums in history. For Madonna it was always about the single that got her the attention and success, just that now a single is not having the side effect of selling an album.

And I know you love to repeat yourself, but I never said I want Madonna to release worthless piece of CRAP, you seem to have an issue with realizing just because you don't like something, others might do. About what's underneath her artistically, that is one again your fault if you created a rule about "what's below her."

Unfortunately, as Madonna has not adjusted to the surge of media channels, other artists are getting the airplay. No videos, no PAs, no airplay. No sales :(

It is not a question of adjusting, it's a question of being ALLOWED to adjust. I still don't get why she's blamed for not getting airplay.

If you wanna be technical: Madonna has always been considered as a single artist. It's always the singles that were in the spotlight and as a side effect, her albums were sold, some in great quantity, some a bit less. When her first single flopped (1992, 2003), the album went under the radar and there was no way it could have been turned in the same era. None of her album tracks are famous and while LAP and ROL got the most attention as albums among hers, there are far from being the most famous and revered albums in history. For Madonna it was always about the single that got her the attention and success, just that now a single is not having the side effect of selling an album.

And I know you love to repeat yourself, but I never said I want Madonna to release worthless piece of CRAP, you seem to have an issue with realizing just because you don't like something, others might do. About what's underneath her artistically, that is one again your fault if you created a rule about "what's below her."

It is not a question of adjusting, it's a question of being ALLOWED to adjust. I still don't get why she's blamed for not getting airplay.

But that's my point. She hasn't adjusted to the new media channels because she and her management have made no bloody effort. Her youtube channel is hardly ever updated. She doesn't twitter. She's releasing songs with no videos. She gave one bland, pre-recorded interview for her album launch in the UK. Where is the interest for the media to pick up on anything? She gives nothing to the media to engage with the audience. Lady GaGa has been plugging away Bad Romance for weeks and eventually got a No.1 here after initial reaction of being a repetitive song.

There are a stack of talented, exciting new artists making personal appearances, doing interviews all over the place, interacting with their fans. Radio is tied to other media channels so much now that lobbing a single out and doing nothing else is not enough to get airplay.

The annoying thing is, she could do so much more yet it wouldn't actually take that much time. Can you imagine how much more publicity she could do for her charity if she recorded a quick 5 minute interview on the plane and posted it on youtube or just did some candid quick clips when she was there and posted those? That would really engage people instead of releasing a full on documentary that hardly anyone will watch.

It's all about multi-channel promotion, promotion, promotion now.

Guest Danny86

From Anna henstridge :

Madonna back in the studio to start recording the new album in a few more months and David Guetta definitely a potential collaborator. He's already working on some tryouts to shift Madonna.

The exact quote is this, she's not in the studio yet but it seems he is her #1 collaborator pick at the moment:

"as some previous rumors were actually on spot, guetta is already working on some tryouts to shift m. and since she's going back to the studio in only a few more months, he's definitely a potential collaborator. which isn't a bad thing i suppose =]"

Oh don't start that crap "i'm a true fan and you're not" bullshit

I don't hate her... but I know what she's capable of doing...

if I would be glad with whatever half-arsed uninspired record i'll be a Mariah fan instead...

Well, you're right...

if people love the idea of a Guetta-Madonna colabo then fine for them...

offcourse i'm telling MY opinions... how could I possibly speak for someone else?

Maybe some are glad with that kind of stuff... so good for them

for ME it's so below her though... and YES that is my opinion... and we seem to disagree... which is fully fine

But that's my point. She hasn't adjusted to the new media channels because she and her management have made no bloody effort. Her youtube channel is hardly ever updated. She doesn't twitter. She's releasing songs with no videos. She gave one bland, pre-recorded interview for her album launch in the UK. Where is the interest for the media to pick up on anything? She gives nothing to the media to engage with the audience. Lady GaGa has been plugging away Bad Romance for weeks and eventually got a No.1 here after initial reaction of being a repetitive song.

There are a stack of talented, exciting new artists making personal appearances, doing interviews all over the place, interacting with their fans. Radio is tied to other media channels so much now that lobbing a single out and doing nothing else is not enough to get airplay.

The annoying thing is, she could do so much more yet it wouldn't actually take that much time. Can you imagine how much more publicity she could do for her charity if she recorded a quick 5 minute interview on the plane and posted it on youtube or just did some candid quick clips when she was there and posted those? That would really engage people instead of releasing a full on documentary that hardly anyone will watch.

It's all about multi-channel promotion, promotion, promotion now.

If you're 23 and just starting out in your career.

Madonna has been in the business nearly 30 years, and has sold more albums, broken more tour records, and made more of a pop cultural impact than pretty much anyone else. She's the QUEEN....in case you forgot. She's earned the right to not worry about youtube channels, or bore the world with ridiculous twitter updates.....neither of which will get her a #1 anyway.....she needs RADIOPLAY for that.

As far as her charity goes, it gets plenty of publicity, and she's been raising millions for it.

I can exclusively reveal that some songs may be about dancing, others might be about love. Do note that Madonna hasnt recorded anything yet, so this info is subject to change.

If you're 23 and just starting out in your career.

Madonna has been in the business nearly 30 years, and has sold more albums, broken more tour records, and made more of a pop cultural impact than pretty much anyone else. She's the QUEEN....in case you forgot. She's earned the right to not worry about youtube channels, or bore the world with ridiculous twitter updates.....neither of which will get her a #1 anyway.....she needs RADIOPLAY for that.

As far as her charity goes, it gets plenty of publicity, and she's been raising millions for it.

Exactly!

Well said afrolito... for once we seem to agree

People in here seem to have forgotten who we are actually talking about... it's MADONNA!

She doesn't need to spit out these lame hits for kids to get #1 on the download chart in the US... she's 30 years into her career and should just focus on making an amazing album...

Being desperate for some tweeny chart success will just turn-off people in the long run... you know the ones that actually buys albums...

Madonna is not in a place in her career where she needs those #1 downloads... her album sales are still healthy in these days... but the people buying her albums expect more than some teen-wannabe chart stuff from Madonna nowdays... in the long run it'll hurt her career to try to pretend like she's one of the pop princesses or act like Mariah Carey

I remember at the S&S show... people of all ages where looking like question-marks when she performed Candy Shop, Spanish Lesson and stuff like that...

I'd rather see an album in the line of ROL in terms of maturity and quality... instead of a Hard Candy II with Guetta onboard... and I think most people expect this and she will be more successful with that than having a top.10 download hit in the US for sure

I can exclusively reveal that some songs may be about dancing, others might be about love. Do note that Madonna hasnt recorded anything yet, so this info is subject to change.

There will likely be guitars as well. And the phrase "the light" will appear.

Guest dicktracy

I remember at the S&S show... people of all ages where looking like question-marks when she performed Candy Shop, Spanish Lesson and stuff like that...

I'd rather see an album in the line of ROL in terms of maturity and quality... instead of a Hard Candy II with Guetta onboard... and I think most people expect this and she will be more successful with that than having a top.10 download hit in the US for sure

Where did you watch it S&S?? Though I agree with you about her moving towards a more organic sound and hope that her next project reflects a more, dare I say, mature tone I really think that people have a misplaced idea about Hard Candy. Have you listened to the lyrics of Voices and Devil? What about the subject in Miles Away?? People may not like Incredible but the lyrics are very much about her failing marriage, if you turned the lyrics into a ballad it would be quite sad actually. So to consider HC all fluff just because of the way it sounds is just a bit ridiculous. Yep, Spanish Lesson is inane but I doubt it was ever meant to be more than tongue in cheek. Give It 2 Me is related to Don't Tell Me in theme while Candy Shop brings Where Life Begins with its double entendres.

Maybe some fans need to just acknowledge that they don't like a certain genre and live with it. The substance is still there but the sound has changed.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

Guest Borderline

There will likely be guitars as well. And the phrase "the light" will appear.

and the words 'hesitate' or 'hesitation' will be used in at least 3 tracks.

Where did you watch it S&S?? Though I agree with you about her moving towards a more organic sound and hope that her next project reflects a more, dare I say, mature tone I really think that people have a misplaced idea about Hard Candy. Have you listened to the lyrics of Voices and Devil? What about the subject in Miles Away?? People may not like Incredible but the lyrics are very much about her failing marriage, if you turned the lyrics into a ballad it would be quite sad actually. So to consider HC all fluff just because of the way it sounds is just a bit ridiculous. Yep, Spanish Lesson is inane but I doubt it was ever meant to be more than tongue in cheek. Give It 2 Me is related to Don't Tell Me in theme while Candy Shop brings Where Life Begins with its double entendres.

Maybe some fans need to just acknowledge that they don't like a certain genre and live with it. The substance is still there but the sound has changed.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

Another brilliant post! It has AMAZED me how people just flat out DO NOT WANT to see that HC has some substantial stuff on it. AND BEFORE ONE OF THE USUALS HAS TO MAKE A STATEMENT...LET ME JUST SAY I'M NOT COMPARING HC TO ROL OR LAP SO UNCURL THE LIP AND UNTWIST THE PANTIES....but I'm glad you brought up Incredible because I'm just surprised this song hasn't been "analyzed" more by M fans. You are spot on dicktracy, if that song were a ballad it would be heartwrenching. Even the way she sings it on the album is quite sad despite the upbeat production. TO ME her voice projects optimism, happiness, sadness, defeat and anger all in one song. You can almost hear her mood shift when the beat switches on that song. Incredible is incredibly underrated IMO. Definitely a unique M song, it's one of a kind in her catalog.

People keep talking about they want the "divorce album". Well, I think HC IS the divorce album. It's blatantly obvious from the lyrics on the album that even by 2007 when she was writing these songs it was pretty much a "wrap" for Mr. and Mrs. Ritchie. Am I not the only one who listened to this album when it first came out and thought that it sounded like Madonna was having a marriage crisis?? Remember, HC came before ANY of the rumors started. I just assumed she may have been writing about old experiences.

Guest Not4Pussies

i agree, i always thought Incredible minus the its time to get your hands up part, could be a ballad

and people are gonna be disappointed when she doesnt deliver that "breakup/divorce album"