Madonna prepares for new album?

Guest dicktracy

Guest dicktracy

Madonna prepares for new album

http://www.examiner.com/x-21081-Indianapolis-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d8-Madonna-prepares-for-new-album

December 8, 2:12 PM

Madonna finally seems like Madonna again. She has lost the British accent, the talentless British husband, lives in New York City, and is actually smiling again. She looks like she has gained some badly needed weight as well.

Madonna is about to start recording her new album. David Guetta (Black Eyed Peas) has bragged about working on some of the tracks. The only other confirmed producer is Brendan O'Brien (Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen). We are far more excited about Brendan O'Brien than David Guetta.

It's a perfect time for Madonna to start working on a new album. Recent albums from fellow divas Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey have failed to live up to any hype.

Guest nothingfails0603

OMG I HATE BRENDAN O BRIEN THE WORK HE DID WITH ....

:rotfl:

(i have no idea who he is) butt.gif

makes me wonder if this is going to be the rock album

Brendan O'Brien is a famous rock producer who did a lot of Pearl Jam's stuff in the 1990's and Springsteen's recent stuff.

Guest dicktracy

I don't think this is true but it would be interesting if it were to be true.

I like his work with Incubus and Aimee Mann. And I always wanted Madonna to rock. I don't think she should try to become Janis Joplin or anything like that but she could channel a little bit of Chrissy Hynde, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett and/or Blondie and still be able to fill a dancefloor. Plus, there's always remixes.

I'd love to hear her do something in the style of "Don't Get Me Wrong" or "Brass In My Pocket" by The Pretenders; or something more industrial/synth like Nine Inch Nails's "Head Like A Hole" or Depeche Mode's "Strangelove".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glImJrzHDZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kqY1qpbg5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTs5SoOteQQ

I can't even find the site where the Examiner got this info. I would think it is highly suspect. They are not reputable but they are funny sometimes.

I wouldn't be against Brendan O'Brien if it were true, however. In my opinion, he is one of the best rock producers out there (along with Rick Rubin). In fact, O'Brien helped produce my favorite alt rock album of the 90's: Stone Temple Pilot's PURPLE.

Stonetemplepilotspurple.jpeg

Guest Therealalejandro

If she works with him, I will be absolutely thrilled! Springsteen's collaborations are among his best. That would be beyond interesting and unexpected.

Guest nothingfails0603

Groce Pearl Jams havent been relevant in years!

I haven't listened to them in years but their last album was their first #1 since the 90's.

Guest bluejean

Rockier/dance album please. Thanks.

I want her to drop the fluff and get tough again.

C'mon Mongoose!

I actually agree, it could be interesting if she does a dance/rock album. Something new for Madonna and unique to what all the other pop bimbos are doing.

I think a rock/dance album would be a good idea for Madonna.Something along the lines of the Black Eyed Peas' recent hit "I Gotta Feeling".....a cool mix of electro/rock/dance.That's the type of sound I want from Madonna!

The Examiner isn't a very reliable source, but this would be amazing if it were true. I've said a million times I"d love for her to experiment with a rock feel to her music.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

The Examiner isn't a very reliable source, but this would be amazing if it were true. I've said a million times I"d love for her to experiment with a rock feel to her music.

REALLY???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? :confused:

Was the S&S Hung Up version not enough?? :vomit:

No more fucking electric fucking guitars please - and mixed with those cheecks - Urggg!!! :scared: I really dont' think my stomach would make it...

Yes, Brendan O'Brien! I'm super excited for that collaboration! I'm really hoping for a dance/rock album. I'm interested to hear what she does with David Guetta, but i'm not THAT excited for the collaboration.

Just cause she's working with Brendan O'Brien doesn't mean it will necessarily be rock, does it? :confused: Orbit and Price went on to work with rock acts.

David Guetta will look even more ridiculous now.

In any case, I'll believe it when I see it. Awful "source" and seems very random and dubious.

Just cause she's working with Brendan O'Brien doesn't mean it will necessarily be rock, does it? :confused: Orbit and Price went on to work with rock acts.

David Guetta will look even more ridiculous now.

In any case, I'll believe it when I see it. Awful "source" and seems very random and dubious.

Yeah, I think people are getting carried away with this rumor when we all know the Examiner is batshit crazy. However, about 90% of what O'Brien has done is guitar-heavy rock.

I saw this posted over at prince.org and I had wondered if it was true. At least she's taking proper time between albums so hopefully we get decent material this time around. I do admit to liking Hard Candy, but I know for sure she can do better than that. Hopefully it will be something that will make these other wish-wash half-assed divas look like crap again.

Edited by BrokenButterfly

She should've done an album with Headcleanr and Mount Sims

I think the "rock" boat has passed. It was something I wanted, but really in all honesty she's explored it enough since it was on tour all decade. It's not really her.

She should've done an album with Headcleanr and Mount Sims

I think the "rock" boat has passed. It was something I wanted, but really in all honesty she's explored it enough since it was on tour all decade. It's not really her.

Yes. Even the Love Profusion mix was awesome. What she did on tour with Hung Up and ROL was atrocious and amateur.

Guest Danny86

Well on stage it's quite her now, she's been doing it for a decade and it's not gonna stop because she needs guitar performances to rest between dance numbers.

But the reason why she will never make an album full of "Borderline" and "Hung Up" rock version sounding songs because it would end up too same-y for her and that she wouldn't be able to create a show around those songs. She's not gonna perform half the show behind the guitar and most of those rock reinventions are reserved for old songs she doesn't like to sing.

And if she recorded 1-2 songs like that only, they'd feel out of place. Even "Candy Perfume Girl" on ROL is kinda out of place, that was her only electric guitar performance that resembled the original version the most (ILNY and ISS in their album versions don't have the guitar as prominent as on tour).

Whether the source is bullshitting or not, I do hope her album is more rock oriented. It's something she hasn't really put a lot of emphasis on within her albums. Her tours have seen more rock, but it's not the same to re-work an old song, rather create something original. I know some hated the rock version of HUNG UP, but it doesn't mean a rock album will sound like that mix. I suspect creating something original that we haven't heard in a rock vibe would be much different than turning one of her old songs into a rock song.

I actually think the whole rock vibe suits her. I loved when she rocked out on songs like "Ray of Light", "Borderline", "American Life", "Burning Up" and "Material Girl" on tour.

Whatever she does, it really needs to be different enough to make an impact and stand out.

REALLY???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? :confused:

Was the S&S Hung Up version not enough?? :vomit:

No more fucking electric fucking guitars please - and mixed with those cheecks - Urggg!!! :scared: I really dont' think my stomach would make it...

I don't think the Hung Up rock version was as bad as everyone says, But if she did a rock album I wouldn't want it to sound like that. Just because Hung Up wasn't good or to people's liking doesn't mean that a rock sound couldn't work if it was well done. Maybe you need to open your mind to different kinds of music. But I guess you are too hung up on her cheeks.