Rupert Everett reveals fallout in friendship with Madge.

Ugly Hecty

Guest Topaz Scorpio

they went to a restaurant in London in 2005 after he defended her the previous year after elton john's remarks

and in 2006 she asked him to be david's godfather

Really? I didn't know the godfather bit. Well, that amounts to almost family then. I can understand why she would be upset. Unlike family though I doubt she will ever forgive and forget. Christopher she may eventually make up with since he's blood.

Guest Xanthium

It doesn't matter if he's saying positive things about M in his book. The truth of the matter is that he spoke of personal things he shouldn't be speaking about. It was a betrayal and I don't blame Madonna for kicking his ass to the curb. He knows how Madonna is, how did he think she'd react? He's not too bright.

Guest FreddySkogSE

Madonna's seems to be very "NEXXXT!!" with friendships/relationships. The minute they fuck around, even slightly, she just drops them and moves on. Thankfully she doesn't seem like the type to have a chip on her shoulder or hold a grudge. Seems like she just moves on, and either forgets or simply washes her hands of it. I guess it's a good and bad quality in that way.

We're all like that to an extent. If any of my friends started messing about or sharing details that i considered private affairs...I'd rethink the relationship. Just move on.

Rupert Everett is a joke.He's just a stupid,irrelevent actor that nobody cares about anymore,so he makes "controversial" comments in his interviews,just to keep his name in the news.I don't blame Madonna for dumping him as a friend.He's psycho.

Really? I didn't know the godfather bit. Well, that amounts to almost family then. I can understand why she would be upset. Unlike family though I doubt she will ever forgive and forget. Christopher she may eventually make up with since he's blood.

Rupert is worth more than her brother

Not that he really slagged her off anyway

What that book DID confirm was the J-Lo gatecrashing the New Year's Eve party at Donatella's house. "Dinner is over!".

So the moral is, believe the tabloids. :demonic: What he said was exactly ther same as what we read at the time. Maybe he was the source who leaked it.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

What that book DID confirm was the J-Lo gatecrashing the New Year's Eve party at Donatella's house. "Dinner is over!".

So the moral is, believe the tabloids. :demonic: What he said was exactly ther same as what we read at the time. Maybe he was the source who leaked it.

I love that story. :lol:

It came to mind in that recent interview (was it Letterman?) where she mentioned feeling awkward with celebrities studying her during concerts and mentioned JenPez specifically.

It came to mind in that recent interview (was it Letterman?) where she mentioned feeling awkward with celebrities studying her during concerts and mentioned JenPez specifically.

I don't recall if she said anything like that during the David Letterman interview (during which she looked FAB but it seemed so short -- they came back from commercial and it was like, let's call for pizza and then they spent all this time getting to the restaurant, sitting down, and eating; then it was all done).

Anyway -- sorry -- I'm not staying on topic. My point was, I think the comments you're referring to were during the Ryan Seacrest radio interview. He said he saw her show and JLo was next to him -- Madonna remembered seeing JLo (but I think maybe she didn't remember Seacrest, because of JLo's "sharp looks").

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I don't recall if she said anything like that during the David Letterman interview (during which she looked FAB but it seemed so short -- they came back from commercial and it was like, let's call for pizza and then they spent all this time getting to the restaurant, sitting down, and eating; then it was all done).

Anyway -- sorry -- I'm not staying on topic. My point was, I think the comments you're referring to were during the Ryan Seacrest radio interview. He said he saw her show and JLo was next to him -- Madonna remembered seeing JLo (but I think maybe she didn't remember Seacrest, because of JLo's "sharp looks").

Yes. That was the one. I knew it was a recent interview but the only one I remembered was Letterman. I forgot she did one with Gaycrest.

• 2 weeks later...

Rup keep mentioning M in interviews:

Rupert Everett On How Madonna Deals With Aging

"I don't think she has taken it on board. Well, I suppose she has a 23-year-old boyfriend, and if you have the stamina...Madonna (is a) control freak with a capital C. I don't know how (she) manages to let a young partner breathe." British actor Rupert Everett on how his former friend Madonna is dealing with middle age.

We're all like that to an extent. If any of my friends started messing about or sharing details that i considered private affairs...I'd rethink the relationship. Just move on.

Well I meant in the sense that some people mend their differences or give them a second chance and try to mediate things. Madonna seems to want none of that.

And as for Rupert's recent comment... "taken it onboard" what does that mean? She hasn't accepted it?

Well I meant in the sense that some people mend their differences or give them a second chance and try to mediate things. Madonna seems to want none of that.

And as for Rupert's recent comment... "taken it onboard" what does that mean? She hasn't accepted it?

It means realised it.

It means realised it.

She realizes it, that's why she chooses to do things to work around it as much as she can. Her "new look" at the RRHOF induction last year tells me she is WELL AWARE of her age.

Guest bluejean

I think he really should have asked Madonna if she was okay with the content of the book before publishing it. Let's face it, even if she's not the most significant part of his story, it's a big selling point of the book and part of his fame is from being connected to her so he could have been more respectful about it.

I do feel Madonna is over the top with this sort of thing, but no doubt that comes from being such a megastar and being unable to trust anyone. I'm sure the Christopher thing was beyond devastating for her.

Taken onboard can mean a few things. It's like the same as adoption. 'We have taken a new cleaner on board'. I'd say that it is more about accepting something than realising it. 'She knows her husband is cheating on her, but she won't take it onboard.'