Sticky & Sweet Tour to air on U.S. VH1 April 2

Nightshade

U2, Madonna, GREEN DAY & More Featured On VH1's Friday Night Alright 2010 Concert Series

Beginning New Year's Day 2010, VH1 births "Friday Night Alright," a music fan's passport to first-class rock and pop music concerts in HD from around the world every Friday night at 11 PM.

The weekly global musical expedition is scheduled to begin on Friday, January 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM*. On that night, Pink's high-flying "Funhouse" tour kicks off an itinerary packed with A-list performers set to roll out the first quarter of the new year including U2, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Green Day, Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas, Taylor Swift, The Killers, Coldplay and Katy Perry. Jim Shearer, of VH1's "Top 20 Video Countdown," will present the series.

"VH1 has a long, successful history as home to great live music, from 'Storytellers' to 'VH1 Hip Hop Honors' to "VH1 Divas Live', which we were so happy to bring back this year," said Ben Zurier, Executive Vice President, Program Strategy for VH1, VH1 Classic, and Palladia. "'Friday Night Alright' will be the premiere destination for concerts on television -- a different show featuring an A-list artist every week, driven by the excitement of arm-waving, foot-stomping audiences. The series literally covers the globe to present the best artists, and the best-produced concerts."

The schedule, spanning shows from Argentina, Australia, Italy, the U.K., Malta and The Netherlands as well as the U.S., includes:

January 1 Pink's "Funhouse" Show from Sydney

January 8 Best of "Austin City Limits"

January 15 Pre-empted by VH1's live telecast of "Critics Choice Movie Awards"

January 22 Madonna

January 29 Creed

February 5 Muse

February 12 "46664 Mandela Celebration" 2009 with Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys and Stevie Wonder

February 19 Green Day

February 26 Jason Mraz

March 5 Black-Eyed Peas

March 12 U2

March 19 John Legend

March 26 Bruce Springsteen at Glastonbury in the U.K.

April 2 Lady Gaga

April 9 Best of London's Vfest, with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry

VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 95 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1 Mobile, VH1Games and extensive broadband video on VH1.com. Connect with VH1 at VH1.com.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/U2_Madonna_GREEN_DAY_More_Featured_On_VH1s_Friday_Night_Alright_2010_Concert_Series_20091123

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect it is the S&S Tour and this is why the DVD release is being delayed (again). Latest rumor from Warner Canada (according to TorontoPhoenix@MTRIBE) is sometime in March 2010. :confused:

fantastic news!!!! i can not wait to see the commercials during the broadcast, advertising their crappy reality shows, its going to be spectacular!!!

VH1? How cheap. Geez Madonna can't even get to HBO anymore. I'm pretty confident Gaga won't have that problem while shopping for which network she wants The Fame Ball shown on. She's on fire and networks will be begging to broadcast the show so they can get those "monster" ratings.

Guest nothingfails0603

VH1? How cheap. Geez Madonna can't even get to HBO anymore. I'm pretty confident Gaga won't have that problem while shopping for which network she wants The Fame Ball shown on. She's on fire and networks will be begging to broadcast the show so they can get those "monster" ratings.

HBO doesn't show concerts anymore now that they're more established with their own programming. They used to show concerts fairly regularly in the 80's and 90's but died off early this decade (tho they did show Madonna, Britney, Janet, N'Sync, Rolling Stones and one or two more).... they did give it one more go-ahead with Justin Timberlake's concert but ratings didn't come near expectations.

And again, another reason why album sales are in the terlet. Music saw a huge jump in sales following HBO's DWT broadcast.

At least Madonna is throwing us her crumbs with this TV airing. This DVD should have been released long ago.

I've seen other shows released on DVD at a quicker rate than this this concert.

Gaga can't even sell out arenas in the US (or even bother to try) ...and a large audience would not watch a Gaga concert special. Sorry. She can't even outsell Susan Boyle...which is odd, since supposedly she's the new "it" monster.

Smoke and mirrors fade.

Guest gloriesbarcelona
January 22 Madonna

woohoo, i luv watching her tours on tv. i always dance along wit her, hopefully we the get the dvd before then tho.

It sounds like a wishful thinking but I seriously doubt it :thumbsdown:

HBO doesn't show concerts anymore now that they're more established with their own programming. They used to show concerts fairly regularly in the 80's and 90's but died off early this decade (tho they did show Madonna, Britney, Janet, N'Sync, Rolling Stones and one or two more).... they did give it one more go-ahead with Justin Timberlake's concert but ratings didn't come near expectations.

And again, another reason why album sales are in the terlet. Music saw a huge jump in sales following HBO's DWT broadcast.

Fart420 was doing his UBER SUCCESFUL and HEE-LARIOUS sarcasm shtick again so I dont think the serious response is warranted.

ANYWAY I dont know about this. Its nice it will be on TV but I hope it doesnt delay the DVD even FURTHER.

Guest nothingfails0603

Fart420 was doing his UBER SUCCESFUL and HEE-LARIOUS sarcasm shtick again so I dont think the serious response is warranted.

ANYWAY I dont know about this. Its nice it will be on TV but I hope it doesnt delay the DVD even FURTHER.

oh, with all the "Gaga shits on Madonna" posts here I've begun to not realize who are serious and who are sarcastic about it, lol

April 2 Lady Gaga

I'll be tuning in for that. :clap: Better than a stale concert from 3 years ago...:doh:

The item mentions Argentina as one of the concert locations, so I'd think it's S&S (though re-Invention would be nice, wouldn't it?)

I'd love if they showed the Re-Invention Tour. It's an absolute joke that it hasn't yet seen a wide release. It's the only Madonna tour that does not have some sort of professionally recorded video for the entire show (IGTTYAS doesn't have all videos from it).

Guest groovyguy

Gaga can't even sell out arenas in the US (or even bother to try) ...and a large audience would not watch a Gaga concert special. Sorry. She can't even outsell Susan Boyle...which is odd, since supposedly she's the new "it" monster.

Smoke and mirrors fade.

Susan shits all over on Gaga! Gaga's being the "it" factor is certainly short-lived. How devastating for her fans!

The item mentions Argentina as one of the concert locations, so I'd think it's S&S (though re-Invention would be nice, wouldn't it?)

Ahh yeah...I'd gladly take either one!!! :thumbsup:

April 2 Lady Gaga

I'll be tuning in for that. :clap: Better than a stale concert from 3 years ago... :doh:

Gag me! Lady CaCa is soo over rated. She's like a white Grace Jones trying to upstage Madonna. And her music sucks.