Madonna working on New Project/Album with David Guetta.

moe

I think the American club scene is David Guetta at the moment, with BEP, Kelly Rowland, Akon collaborations the American public are lapping him up, as it's very commercial rubbish.

I think Felix da Housecat is still a major player too in the U.S. scene. I'd die to have her work with him.

Madonna has gotten lazy and unoriginal...sucks for her because most of her fans wont tolerate anothere era of mediocrity from her ..especially after seeing someone like Gaga with fresh new ideas burst onto the scene.

YOU are mediocre airing grievances and speaking for others while we practically know nothing about M's plans for her next album. Stop bitching! As for "fresh" GG, she is going stale as quickly as French bread. Haven't you watched her performance at AMA? This was a real drag - she's utterly repetitive.

Guest Xanthium

I think Felix da Housecat is still a major player too in the U.S. scene. I'd die to have her work with him.

YES! I've always wanted M to work with Felix! Let's pray lol

it really doesnt matter. unless the person is plucked from total and complete obscurity, these people will never be happy. well, even then they wont.

im sure you said something along these lines when it was announced she was working with that old fart oakenfold and that turned out to be utter SHIT (as expected).. so why arent people allowed to be worried about this next dire collaboration, I refuse to believe you enjoy every single thing this woman does.

Maybe some are just tired of the fluffy Madonna and finally expect something fresh and mature again and not all this dancey dated fluff stuff.

she did that with "american life" and most hated it. the same could be said of "music" as well. many of her fans didnt like it.

so why arent people allowed to be worried about this next dire collaboration,

has this collaboration been confirmed yet? no, it hasn't. why are you so upset about it when you don't even know if it's true?

about all this talk of lady doo doo being fresh and new...

a friend of mine who is 52 watched the AMA's and was telling me what she thought of the performances. of lady da da she said...

"she is talented and she has a very good voice" but she doesn't understand why people talk about how original she is. she said "there isnt anything new about what she does. it's been done before and done better."

has this collaboration been confirmed yet? no, it hasn't. why are you so upset about it when you don't even know if it's true?

so nobody is allowed to comment on it until its confirmed? get real.

she did that with "american life" and most hated it. the same could be said of "music" as well. many of her fans didnt like it.

Because her fans consists obviously mostly of club queens.

COADF was her most consistent work of this decade, and because of the overall high quality of the album aswell, I guess her overall best of the 00's. But both Music and American Life had single songs that were way more creative and interesting than most of the COADF songs.

And about AL. What's funny is that alot of people actually liked it from the get-go, but was so influenced by the media backlash, that they started to dislike it.

For me it all boils down to her not being in touch or simply not being interested in what's underground/up&coming anymore. That becomes evident whenever she's asked what music she listens to. In the past she usually named really cool new artists, now she names whoever tops the charts. It's also notable in the choice of remixers (if they are chosen by her ?!)

Maybe she simply doesn't care to "lead the pack" anymore ...

And for the fundamentalists : this is NOT meant to bash her, it's just an observation.

For me it all boils down to her not being in touch or simply not being interested in what's underground/up&coming anymore. That becomes evident whenever she's asked what music she listens to. In the past she usually named really cool new artists, now she names whoever tops the charts. It's also notable in the choice of remixers (if they are chosen by her ?!)

And for the fundamentalists : this is NOT meant to bash her, it's just an observation.

I'm afraid you are right.

Brining in the hot producers of yesterday is just lame.

And I have to make it clear once again; I have no problem with Madonna working with famous producers, but her choices lately seem to be only connected to "who's hot" and not "who can actually make something interesting".

I agree with you. The sad thing about Madonna is that she certainly does not lead the pack in terms of music or videos nowadays. She has become her own worst nightmare through being lazy and uninterested in what's really going on in culture - i.e. - mediocre!

Guest Danny86

Well if you read Nightshade's threads about ROL and Music genesis, you'll see Madonna wasn't "in touch" that time either because she started to do a full album with the same people she worked before, or just wanted to work with people who remixed her, which is happening with Oakenfold and Guetta as well. It's not like Madonna was "in touch" when she happened to bump into Mirwais' demos. The difference is, a possibility to do something different arose and she took it. But if there's no possibility, she can either use famous people she knows, either to work with the same people as before. There's too much credit given to Madonna, even though she never really claimed to "discover" a sound or a collaborator, neither that she was being cutting-edge (unlike about video directors, where she did say all that!)...

I agree with you. The sad thing about Madonna is that she certainly does not lead the pack in terms of music or videos nowadays. She has become her own worst nightmare through being lazy and uninterested in what's really going on in culture - i.e. - mediocre!

Yep!

Obviously she doesn't has to "lead" all the time, but atleast be a little more creative than using the hot producers of yesterday.

Well if you read Nightshade's threads about ROL and Music genesis, you'll see Madonna wasn't "in touch" that time either because she started to do a full album with the same people she worked before, or just wanted to work with people who remixed her, which is happening with Oakenfold and Guetta as well. It's not like Madonna was "in touch" when she happened to bump into Mirwais' demos. The difference is, a possibility to do something different arose and she took it. But if there's no possibility, she can either use famous people she knows, either to work with the same people as before. There's too much credit given to Madonna, even though she never really claimed to "discover" a sound or a collaborator, neither that she was being cutting-edge (unlike about video directors, where she did say all that!)...

None is saying she "discovered" them or their sound, but atleast she seemed a little more interesting to do some research back in the day and went for something more "undiscovered" in terms of mainstream music offcourse.

Guest Danny86

None is saying she "discovered" them or their sound, but atleast she seemed a little more interesting to do some research back in the day and went for something more "undiscovered" in terms of mainstream music offcourse.

There was no "research" either, that's my point. If Mirwais didn't submit his demos to Maverick to get a contract, Music would have been another Orbit album with Sasha and Calderone thrown in. Madonna was not out to do something "more undiscovered", she only did it because it was right in front of her. Same for ROL, if she and Nellee Hooper did not get the disagreement about the credits, he would have been the main producer and that would have been 5 years after after he got famous with Bjork's Debut. She was not anymore involved or dedicated back then about this. Even after AL, she started to make a full album with Mirwais and DURING the process she realized it's not gonna work because they already did everything they could.

There was no "research" either, that's my point. If Mirwais didn't submit his demos to Maverick to get a contract, Music would have been another Orbit album with Sasha and Calderone thrown in. Madonna was not out to do something "more undiscovered", she only did it because it was right in front of her. Same for ROL, if she and Nellee Hooper did not get the disagreement about the credits, he would have been the main producer and that would have been 5 years after after he got famous with Bjork's Debut. She was not anymore involved or dedicated back then about this. Even after AL, she started to make a full album with Mirwais and DURING the process she realized it's not gonna work because they already did everything they could.

So Madonna is actually a music zombie who doesn't care and if someone lays something right in front of her nose she'll do it?

I don't think so

Guest Danny86

So Madonna is actually a music zombie who doesn't care and if someone lays something right in front of her nose she'll do it?

I don't think so

Did I say that? No I didn't. I just said she doesn't research or anything like that and does whatever she has access to.

so nobody is allowed to comment on it until its confirmed? get real.

it's one thing to make comments like i hope she doesnt,he's boring,i dont like his music, i think he sucks etc but for the people who have already decided that the album is gonna be horrible,that this is really the end of her career, i dont want fluff,i wont buy it, how could she? etc need to get a fucking life. why dont they just wait until its confirmed before throwing little hissy fits and acting like it's the end of the world. theyre the ones who need to get real. :thumbsup:

I just said she doesn't research or anything like that and does whatever she has access to.

how do you know? are you her personal assistant? did she tell you this?

it's one thing to make comments like i hope she doesnt,he's boring,i dont like his music, i think he sucks etc but for the people who have already decided that the album is gonna be horrible,that this is really the end of her career, i dont want fluff,i wont buy it, how could she? etc need to get a fucking life. why dont they just wait until its confirmed before throwing little hissy fits and acting like it's the end of the world. theyre the ones who need to get real. :thumbsup:

TRUTH. :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86

how do you know? are you her personal assistant? did she tell you this?

No, going by what she and her collaborators say, instead of fan assumptions.

99% bitching. 1% appreciation. Hmmm? Which way should I go? Hmmmm? I'll be different and "appreciate".

Whatever she does, I wish her luck in producing something cool. It may not end up being my cup of tea and it won't be the first time it wasn't, but hell if I am going to spend my free time bitching about things I don't like when there is SOOOOOO much more I do like about her.