Madonna working on New Project/Album with David Guetta.

moe

oh thank god - i need a new madonna album!!!!

With Guetta, RedOne, Oakenfeld, GaGa, Price etc. onboard?

I'd rather wait for her to come to her senses first instead of getting a new album with those people... even if it might take a little longer...

David Guetta's a step up from Timbaland tho. He at least could make dance music for her

And we haven't had enough dance music by Madonna by now?

One decade full of euroclub inspired stuff...

I want mature quality fresh dark pop again!

Madonna is seriously turning into Cher with all this fluff

I'm not against it being dance-inspired... but pure dance music... nuff already!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

No one is denying that. But her most exciting and memorable work was produced with the likes of Leonard, Bray, Orbit, Mirwais and even Price. All of them were more or less unknown to the general public (well, Price had some fame of Zoot woman and Les Rhythm Digitales). I think the "famous" ones she was working with on Hard Candy were too ego-driven to understand how you produce a Madonna record, to come up with something unique but instantly recognisable as a Madonna song. It appears to me their intention was to make people realize WHO produced her music. It's the biggest flaw of Hard Candy that it sounds like Timbaland, Timbelake and Pharrell Williams but hardly like Madonna. Too bad she didn't see or hear it.

People like to trot out that line but I really don't think that, if you removed their voices from that tracks, anyone but the hugest fan of their work would know that most of 'Hard Candy' was produced by them. It's not as Madonna hasn't done r&b pop before. And your roll call of Madonna's 'most exciting and memorable work' completely ignores that she went over with 'Like A Virgin', produced by the world famous Nile Rodgers who was very much a 'producer for hire' at the time and was creating similar sounding work for people like Bowie and Duran Duran.

She has worked with COUNTLESS writers and producers in her time, usually many on the same album, and almost without fail it has resulted in a cohesive album that has that 'Madonna' stamp. That people still get hysterical 27 years on at the mere mention of someone's name as a possible collaborator is a bit sad.

Guest northernlad

I have no idea who this guy is, but (if true) I'm glad she's started recording again - a new album by next Christmas would be great!

Seriously if this is true then she has missed the train by a MILE. By the time she releases anything with Guetta

it will be stale and the next sound will have arrived. It will also add fuel to the fire that

musically she is past it.

I hope its a stupid rumour. Unlike nf said, I think Guetta is a step down from Timbaland even. At least Timbaland has done a couple outside the box tracks. Guetta is pure eurotrash. But until something is confirmed Ill take this with a grain of salt.

Yes and Yes.

I actually think this may work out and am not surprised at all by this news. I was actually expecting her to work with him, but I wouldv'e been happier if she did so pre 2007 (when he was more underground and not as pop/mainstream). Thing is, he's NOwhere as tired and lame as Oakenfeld, Timbaland and Timberlake. I woulda been pretty pissed if she worked w/ them again. Yes, she is legendary for working with unknowns and inventing new sounds and styles, but hes not THAT bad lol! I wuldve preferred maybe someone like Calvin Harris-oh well. At 51, she no longer has the youth and name brand to get played on the radio with a totally different kind of sound and song (people are 4 getting this LOL)! Bottom line- Im actually looking 4ward to this.

Seriously if this is true then she has missed the train by a MILE. By the time she releases anything with Guetta

it will be stale and the next sound will have arrived. It will also add fuel to the fire that

musically she is past it.

Exactly!

2 years or even 1 year ago it might have been an interesting thought, eventhough i'd rather see her drop the fluff sound finally, Guetta anyway proved this year that he could produce some pretty cool songs.

But at the time this would be released, his sound will be over, kind of like she was late with Timbaland.

I hope this is just stupid rumors and I hope we will see the "old" Madonna again that tries something new, not just new for herself, but also for mainstream music in general.

And we haven't had enough dance music by Madonna by now?

One decade full of euroclub inspired stuff...

I want mature quality fresh dark pop again!

Madonna is seriously turning into Cher with all this fluff

I'm not against it being dance-inspired... but pure dance music... nuff already!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I agree. Dark, fresh pop sounds perrrfect right about now from her!

WELL I DONT CARE if its the best thing she has ever done, i will be sitting here pouting and crying because she hasnt worked with someone that no one has ever heard of....THE BITCH, how can she do this ?

Guest Pud Whacker

oh what a shocker, i saw madonna working on new project and said, thank god i cant wait i need more madonna tunes. then i see everyone complaining ALREADY!!!

newsflash dingles - your beloved orbit was remixer for the likes of some heinous creatures.

oh what a shocker, i saw madonna working on new project and said, thank god i cant wait i need more madonna tunes. then i see everyone complaining ALREADY!!!

newsflash dingles - your beloved orbit was remixer for the likes of some heinous creatures.

yes but we are talking about DAVID GUETTA even you can surely see that can lead to nothing good

Guest Pud Whacker

yes but we are talking about DAVID GUETTA even you can surely see that can lead to nothing good

all i know of david guetta is he did the one listenable remix of revolver. and what i know of madonna is she brings madonna to the table. and what i know of madonna fans is they like to complain a lot and when she was to work with pharrell, it was the end of the world. i think her tracks with him on hard candy are some of the best shes produced in ages.

all i know of david guetta is he did the one listenable remix of revolver. and what i know of madonna is she brings madonna to the table. and what i know of madonna fans is they like to complain a lot and when she was to work with pharrell, it was the end of the world. i think her tracks with him on hard candy are some of the best shes produced in ages.

I'll say that Guetta could be a good one for Madonna! I agree with Pud about the decent mix of Revolver.... I'm happy she is not going hip hop again and that she will always bring Madonna in the table...that is a GOOD thing!!!!!

Guest Danny86

And that Pharrell did several horrible songs on Gwen's second album, yet nothing on HC sounds similar to those. You really can't know for sure what'll come out even if you're familiar with the sound.

I agree he did the best remix of that last song and the pharrell stuff was the best on the last album but david guetta is fucking shite. she should take a year or so off if she is so seemingly uninspired to work with such shit people.

Pharrell and Madonna created Heartbeat which is one of my favorite Madonna songs ever at this point, so for that alone he gets applause from me.

I still say Madonna should hook up with Will.i.am. even if its just for two or three tracks.

I'm happy she's working on a new album :thumbsup:

it's funny I came to this forum to increase my appreciation for Madonna but all I find here is Gaga

Jesus no! She's about 3-4 years too late to start doing an album with him. Behind the times!

The interview also refers to new single which came out today in the UK.

True, but that can be very likely be added at the time they release the interview - which probably was meant to come out at the time of release anyway. But it's also true that Guetta played is unfinished Revolver mix ages ago - which goes against my point I am afraid

Anyway, even if he referred to Revolver, I'm still convinced he will end up submitting tracks for her new album, it's not a coincidence he remixed both Celebration songs.

Yep that seems a usual plot lately doesn't it? Anyway, first we got uninspired lyrics so uninspired music and production is probably next

Guest waiting

I think this is just her way of passing the crown to Gaga. She saw a worthy heir to the throne and decided it's time to step down and focus on charity.