Madonna working on New Project/Album with David Guetta.

moe

I don't think anyone should over react just yet. Their collaborations may not even work out - as can be seen by past albums - where she starts a project is not always where it ends. I think we can also take comfort in the fact that most Madonna albums feature a number of producers.

On the one hand, I think Guetta could have promise. "I Gotta Feeling" by BEP did have a good pop hook in the chorus. And I have to admit, before COADF, I can't say that Stuart Price ever blew me away with anything he'd done - but he did with that album. Even Pharrell - who I am not the biggest fan of - did some of his better work (of his whole damn career) with Madonna.

I never underestimate this woman's ability to pull a gold ring out of a shitty toilet.

she had better not do anything like celebration again or it's not gonna continue her trend of megahits.

If she works with Guetta, trust me, it will be an album full of variations on the Celebration single. Awful.

I don't like him, but it's not clear he's working on new songs with her. I think it's possible he was just talking about doing the remix of Revolver. So let's not freak out yet!

A lot of times interviews are done months and months before they are actually published. Remember Madonna's interview with Rolling Stone was done when she was still on tour. So he since he said it's going to happen soon with Madonna, he could have meant just the remix, and not new songs. I can only hope!

I don't like him, but it's not clear he's working on new songs with her. I think it's possible he was just talking about doing the remix of Revolver. So let's not freak out yet!

A lot of times interviews are done months and months before they are actually published. Remember Madonna's interview with Rolling Stone was done when she was still on tour. So he since he said it's going to happen soon with Madonna, he could have meant just the remix, and not new songs. I can only hope!

Yeah, but the interviewer asked him about his new single with Estelle. That didn't even go to the BBC Radio 1 until October 28 (the week of). The "Revolver" remix was done on October 9 and he even played it at a Paris club on October 10 which seems to suggest that might not be the project he is talking about. I think she is going to ask him to submit music tracks.

I know everyone will hiss and boo, but I'd love to see what she could do with RedOne.

Yeah, but the interviewer asked him about his new single with Estelle. That didn't even go to the BBC Radio 1 until October 28 (the week of). The "Revolver" remix was done on October 9 and he even played it at a Paris club on October 10 which seems to suggest that might not be the project he is talking about. I think she is going to ask him to submit music tracks.

Okay, thanks. I'm not that familiar with his work. I don't know who Estelle is. Is David more popular in England than the U.S? I've never heard him mentioned much in the U.S. press, but then I don't follow club/house music that much.

Chill out people, it's not like it's official that she'll have a whole album produced by Guetta and yet you start to get freaked out, eating your nails and even stating she's over. Too dramatic however expected from drama queens a lot tend to be :lmao: . It's not like she'll release an album with 12 versions like Celebration as someone said!. Wait till seeing the final product and then enjoy, cry or jump into the wagon of another "New Queen of Pop", by the way, how many have been out just yet? I've lost the count :vogue:

Chill out people, it's not like it's official that she'll have a whole album produced by Guetta and yet you start to get freaked out, eating your nails and even stating she's over. Too dramatic however expected from drama queens a lot tend to be :lmao: . It's not like she'll release an album with 12 versions like Celebration as someone said!. Wait till seeing the final product and then enjoy, cry or jump into the wagon of another "New Queen of Pop", by the way, how many have been out just yet? I've lost the count :vogue:

Maybe some are just tired of the fluffy Madonna and finally expect something fresh and mature again and not all this dancey dated fluff stuff.

Maybe some are just tired of the fluffy Madonna and finally expect something fresh and mature again and not all this dancey dated fluff stuff.

oh those high expectations...it kills all the charm...neeeevermind

It will be interesting to see what they can come up with together. I wish she would consider working with William Orbit again though.

hey! be careful what you say!!...dudes here want something "fresh" and "innovative"...whatever that sounds like nowadays...and if she does come up with something like that and it flops then they'll shit about low sales and yadee yadee yadee yadier :doh:

hey! be careful what you say!!...dudes here want something "fresh" and "innovative"...whatever that sounds like nowadays...and if she does come up with something like that and it flops then they'll shit about low sales and yadee yadee yadee yadier :doh:

I don't care about the sales... well obviously I want her to succeed... but sales says nothing about the quality of the music.

And what's wrong with releasing something fresh and innovative anyhow?

I see that Madonna's fanbase is divided in two.. the ones who wants her to become some gay-extravaganza Cher thing and the ones that wants the old exploring Madonna back.

I don't care about the sales... well obviously I want her to succeed... but sales says nothing about the quality of the music.

And what's wrong with releasing something fresh and innovative anyhow?

I see that Madonna's fanbase is divided in two.. the ones who wants her to become some gay-extravaganza Cher thing and the ones that wants the old exploring Madonna back.

I think there are three main groups here.

1. The LOONY group, who are just truly hardcore fans, worship Madonna, and even if they hate something, they will choose to ignore it and get on with it, and focus on something they do like. So they don't really care who she works with, because they're going to worship it anyway.

2. The MENOPAUSE DENIERS, who are obsessed with Madonna staying young and relevant, because I guess it validates their fandom. So they are thrilled when she: gets a facelift, apears to be getting young cock, waves her crutch around, works with Timberlake etc. Their worst nightmare is Madonna's arms. They're not really like the first group, because the first group would adore Madonna whether she stayed with the trends or not. This group would have a heart attack if Madonna ever got a grey hair

3. The BITCHES, who have an idealised version of what Madonna means to them, possibly from a certain era or time when they themselves were more happy, and absolutely hate what they see as Madonna not living up to that. They are the most critical group, although the menopause deniers are only less critical because things have been flowing their way so much recently. If it was the AL era, the chances are they would be just as bad.

These are not three distinct categories, most of us are not pure-bred and we have elements of all of them in us. If you imagine a pie chart, most of us are a percentage of each. I myself am in the BITCH category, but I do have a surprising degree of Menopause denying in me, because I would like Madonna to remain relevant, although I disagree that having new cheeks and working with last years the latest producer is the right way to go about it. And of course there is a bit of loon there, or I wouldn't be here.

1. The LOONY group, who are just truly hardcore fans, worship Madonna, and even if they hate something, they will choose to ignore it and get on with it, and focus on something they do like. So they don't really care who she works with, because they're going to worship it anyway.

2. The MENOPAUSE DENIERS, who are obsessed with Madonna staying young and relevant, because I guess it validates their fandom. So they are thrilled when she: gets a facelift, apears to be getting young cock, waves her crutch around, works with Timberlake etc. Their worst nightmare is Madonna's arms. They're not really like the first group, because the first group would adore Madonna whether she stayed with the trends or not. This group would have a heart attack if Madonna ever got a grey hair

3. The BITCHES, who have an idealised version of what Madonna means to them, possibly from a certain era or time when they themselves were more happy, and absolutely hate what they see as Madonna not living up to that. They are the most critical group, although the menopause deniers are only less critical because things have been flowing their way so much recently. If it was the AL era, the chances are they would be just as bad.

These are not three distinct categories, most of us are not pure-bred and we have elements of all of them in us. If you imagine a pie chart, most of us are a percentage of each. I myself am in the BITCH category, but I do have a surprising degree of Menopause denying in me, because I would like Madonna to remain relevant, although I disagree that having new cheeks and working with last years the latest producer is the right way to go about it. And of course there is a bit of loon there, or I wouldn't be here.

Haha... that's funny

Let's start a poll on which Madonna fanbase you belong to out of these... :thumbsup:

:rotfl: That's true. Loves it.

Let's start the poll!

So what is happening the in the American club scene? Who are the big producers on the dance scene or is it still tired Calderone, Tracy Young and Ralphi Rosario churning out the same old dross?

A few people here thought that when M returned to live in the US she would go back to her New York club routes but she still seems hell bent on Europop. I don't mind another confessions but I'm hoping that lyrically it will better than the clunking effort of Celebration.

There has been absolutely zero confirmation from Madonna (or any of her reps), about producing an album with David Guetta. People in here already have her in the studio with this dude, laying down tracks, based on a really vague quote. :dramatic:

We really know nothing.

Guest Pud Whacker

There has been absolutely zero confirmation from Madonna (or any of her reps), about producing an album with David Guetta. People in here already have her in the studio with this dude, laying down tracks, based on a really vague quote. :dramatic:

We really know nothing.

it really doesnt matter. unless the person is plucked from total and complete obscurity, these people will never be happy. well, even then they wont.

it really doesnt matter. unless the person is plucked from total and complete obscurity, these people will never be happy. well, even then they wont.

Aha! So true.

I agree with you though, no matter who she works with, she ALWAYS brings the Madonna touch. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see where she goes next.

We really know nothing.

Well maybe people are seeing warning signs after JT/Timbaland -> Oakenfeld -> Lil Wayne -> and now the fact that Guetta did two remixes for Madonna's latest project...

it's kind of been a downward spiral pattern by her lately when it comes to creativity..

So the signs are kind of there and I can understand why people are being worried...

some of us expect more from Madonna I guess...

and none of these people are very creative anymore and it can bee seen in their work... and when Madonna gets her hand on them their sound is already late...

offcourse there are known producers out there who can still create fresh stuff... for me it's not about that the producer is "known" or whatever... but i'm not seeing Guetta being one of them in a year from now... and it's not like his creations now is very creative to start with...

I thought him a singer when I watched David Guetta - When Loves Takes Over feat.Kelly Rowland for the first then I realized that he doesnt even sing , he just adds his name in the music video because he produced the song :confused:

has anyone ever heard "atomic food' by david guetta? the man is a genius!

also his song "Higher" with Chris Willis is absolutely stunning

and also his work with Juliet from his last album was hot in my opinion

if she does work with him i hope she pulls out the quirky side of him rather than the kelly rowland side of him

fingers crossed

So what is happening the in the American club scene? Who are the big producers on the dance scene or is it still tired Calderone, Tracy Young and Ralphi Rosario churning out the same old dross?

A few people here thought that when M returned to live in the US she would go back to her New York club routes but she still seems hell bent on Europop. I don't mind another confessions but I'm hoping that lyrically it will better than the clunking effort of Celebration.

I think the American club scene is David Guetta at the moment, with BEP, Kelly Rowland, Akon collaborations the American public are lapping him up, as it's very commercial rubbish.

And to think that I actually bought a David Guetta 12" back in 2002 - the shame ;-)

I think Madonna needs to concentrate on what's happening in the UK scene - let's start a petition for dubstep Madonna (hahaha)

Madonna has gotten lazy and unoriginal...sucks for her because most of her fans wont tolerate anothere era of mediocrity from her ..especially after seeing someone like Gaga with fresh new ideas burst onto the scene.