Madonna working on New Project/Album with David Guetta.

moe

"Sexy Bitch" is one of my favourite songs at the moment, but I wish Madonna would work with lesser known producers again. There's really no point in trying to sound like other popular artists that are already being played on the radio. I'd much rather have another "American Life" than "Hard Candy." (even though I like both)

Guest Danny86

Doesn't surprise me at all either, this seems to be natural coming after Oakenfold. Guetta remixed both "Celebration" and "Revolver" so it was obvious he'd submit tracks for her. Judging from this, I guess she'd enlist Calvin Harris and possible either RedOne or will.i.am to keep the "balance" between Euro and US.

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, he's kind-of...awful. But who knows - they may come up with something really good.

Then again, I was hoping to say the same about "Celebration." :confused:

But there's just as much chance that nothing will come of this anyway.

I really am fed up of people complaining about her working with 'famous producers' as if, pre-Hard Candy, she only ever worked with people no one had ever heard of. If you actually bother to look at her career history she has worked with many of the biggest producers in the business throughout it.

Guest waiting

I really am fed up of people complaining about her working with 'famous producers' as if, pre-Hard Candy, she only ever worked with people no one had ever heard of. If you actually bother to look at her career history she has worked with many of the biggest producers in the business throughout it.

It's not so much their fame as their tired sound.

I like his stuff, but he's getting kind of tired at this point.

Maybe she's flirting with the idea of working with a bunch of different producers, and he's the only one bragging about it publicly.

Or maybe she'd do half an album with him, and the other half with someone more underground.

I hope its the first, the second could turn out to be either brilliant or a trainwreck.

Guest Not4Pussies

i wanted her to work with guetta when bep's last cd first came out and when guetta's cd came out

now he's all over the place and everything is sounding the same

She's about a year too late. Again this seems like a desperate attempt to hook with the latest "hot" producer.

I would prefer it if she teamed up with an up and coming producer. Someone a bit more underground.

Guest Danny86

Am I the only one thinking that he was talking of Revolver?

He wouldn't be talking like that about a remix that was already sent to radio stations. He also remixed "Celebration" that was posted on Madonna.com. Not to mention that I doubt he'd call remixing as a collaboration.

yaiks...

i hope that at least she ll call patrick

Bingo. I'm not going to dismiss what she could come up with working with Guetta -I'm not wildly enthusiastic, but then again When Love Takes Over was one of my summer anthems. At the end of the day it's the SONGS. If the songs are there, and her voice is good, the production is secondary. Guetta is competent at least.

No one is denying that. But her most exciting and memorable work was produced with the likes of Leonard, Bray, Orbit, Mirwais and even Price. All of them were more or less unknown to the general public (well, Price had some fame of Zoot woman and Les Rhythm Digitales). I think the "famous" ones she was working with on Hard Candy were too ego-driven to understand how you produce a Madonna record, to come up with something unique but instantly recognisable as a Madonna song. It appears to me their intention was to make people realize WHO produced her music. It's the biggest flaw of Hard Candy that it sounds like Timbaland, Timbelake and Pharrell Williams but hardly like Madonna. Too bad she didn't see or hear it.

Guest Danny86

No one is denying that. But her most exciting and memorable work was produced with the likes of Leonard, Bray, Orbit, Mirwais and even Price. All of them were more or less unknown to the general public (well, Price had some fame of Zoot woman and Les Rhythm Digitales). I think the "famous" ones she was working with on Hard Candy were too ego-driven to understand how you produce a Madonna record, to come up with something unique but instantly recognisable as a Madonna song. It appears to me their intention was to make people realize WHO produced her music. It's the biggest flaw of Hard Candy that it sounds like Timbaland, Timbelake and Pharrell Williams but hardly like Madonna. Too bad she didn't see or hear it.

Stuart won a Grammy in 2005 and when "Hung Up" came out, it immediately got compared to his own remix of Gwen's "What You Waiting For" and later on Madonna said Gwen and her are mutually ripping off each other. And the "Stuart Price featuring Madonna" jokes were present as well...

I actually hate the "When Love Takes Over" song and I wouldn't want Madonna to sing it, but to base your own judgement on the amount of people who were exposed to the sound Madonna takes, sounds like some elitist excuses to me. If you heard an unknown name, would you be 100% confident in the music even though you would know how it sounds? Like DJ Frank E, he did not produce a song alone before "Revolver" but he sounds like Bloodshy & Avant.

I so hope this is not true.

If it is...

well i'm sad to say but then Madonna actually lost it.

A couple of days ago I wrote a list of people that I wish never to be attached to a future Madonna release and Guetta was one of them...

where the hell has the Madonna who had some sense of own style, originality and fresh-ness gone? I sooo miss her!

I'm not gonna be one of those who will jump on the Madonna hate bandwagon or anything... and probably never will be... but plz Madonna... where did the creativity go!?!?!?

He wouldn't be talking like that about a remix that was already sent to radio stations. He also remixed "Celebration" that was posted on Madonna.com. Not to mention that I doubt he'd call remixing as a collaboration.

True that, but we don't know when the interview was done - it can be like one month old and Digital Spy would not tell you that.

He could have very well said "I would love to work with Madonna AGAIN" but he didn't.

Edited by madfanmike

Guest Danny86

True that, but we don't know when the interview was done - it can be like one month old and Digital Spy would not tell you that.

He could have very well said "I would love to work with Madonna AGAIN" but he didn't.

Possible, but remixing doesn't really need early stages, does it? He just sends in the remix and he doesn't need Madonna herself to ask him to do that. The interview also refers to new single which came out today in the UK.

Anyway, even if he referred to Revolver, I'm still convinced he will end up submitting tracks for her new album, it's not a coincidence he remixed both Celebration songs.