La Roux mentions Madonna...

Flip The Switch

I don't get this bitch. First "Music" is where she should've stopped - but it's a good album but she doesn't like it? Confused much? Oh, and if you have a great body, it's not really appealling and you should retire.

I think this bitch is on something.

LOL! I was reading and thinking.... "WTF??" She went on about how she was great in the 80's and then went on to say she should have stopped with RAY OF LIGHT and then said it wasn't a good album and then said she should have stopped with MUSIC but kinda liked the album, but it wasn't very good.

Who is she? Never heard of her. Should I care? Nope!!

Guest ursaminorjim

another nobody using madonnas name for sum press? sad yet predictable

:rolleyes:

Another Mad-National accusing someone of using Madonna's name for press? sad yet predictable. :lol:

Heaven forbid any pop musician doesn't like Madonna enough. Anyway - like her album.

French website Ozap interviewed UK singer La Roux. She mentioned Madonna, in the process…

Ozap: On your MySpace you mentioned Madonna as an influence, but you write ‘in her early years’. Why is that?La Roux: Because what she did since the 90’s is shitty (laughs)! Her last song what is it… 4 seconds? 4 Minutes, I just don’t like it.

Judging by what TechJunkie posted it was the interviewer who asked La Roux why M was an influence in he early years, not La Roux suddenly dropping her name.

:lol:

Some people take this using Madonna's name for press thing a bit too far. I have only ever heard of it being dicsussed on this forum and I doubt anyone else will pick up on it. Slagging Madonna off does not give anyone any extra press, except amongst M loons.

The interviewer asked why she liked the 80's M. In the UK La Roux definitely do not need to mention Madonna to get press. They have got success all through their own hard work.

Another Mad-National accusing someone of using Madonna's name for press? sad yet predictable. :lol:

Heaven forbid any pop musician doesn't like Madonna enough. Anyway - like her album.

quick, to the Kylie thread, someone said something negative.

Well, even you have to admit what this chick had to say makes no sense.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

She was more than complimentary about M. So i don't see the big deal really.

But she also didn't make much sense either :lol:

Guest ursaminorjim

It makes sense. Unfortunately, her responses are, apparently, a direct transcription of the interview rather than being edited to read well.

For those who are confused: she prefers 80s-era Madonna, thinks she's a better businesswoman than an artist and doesn't like her in leotards. :lol:

It makes sense. Unfortunately, her responses are, apparently, a direct transcription of the interview rather than being edited to read well.

For those who are confused: she prefers 80s-era Madonna, thinks she's a better businesswoman than an artist and doesn't like her in leotards. :lol:

Of course you would rationalize idiocy.

Guest ursaminorjim

What idiocy? Just because she doesn't like recent Madonna? It's just her opinion, jeez.

It just cracks me up that there's people here who honestly believe that artists will go out of their way to mention Madonna as some sort of tactical move to get attention. Whatever.

Guest ursaminorjim

Oh, I didn't mean you, specifically, MM.

And I wouldn't say I "defended" her, I just don't get why there's so much knee-jerk hatred because she voiced an opinion about Madonna that most of us disagree with. That's all. It's not about either of their merits, musically. Just about the overwhelming reactions. :)

I love Madonna but she should have stopped after Who's that Girl, I hate that album even though it was

good. But It was just 2 80's for me cuz I was 7 & there was a whole bunch of other artists on that record.

Her best album Like A Prayer was released after that..but I hate it even though she's amazing & it's the best

album of 1989.

In other news : This morning I passed a solid in the upstairs lavatory :fag:

:rotfl:

What idiocy? Just because she doesn't like recent Madonna? It's just her opinion, jeez.

It just cracks me up that there's people here who honestly believe that artists will go out of their way to mention Madonna as some sort of tactical move to get attention. Whatever.

And you believe this persons comments make any sense. Who's worse off?

I don't mean to disagree with you, ursa, and you did summarize her views pretty well. But she *is* (at bare minimum) confused about M's timeline of releases. (She seems surprisingly familiar with A LOT of her recent work, despite the fact that she doesn't like it -- she makes reference to every project from Ray of Light forward, except for American Life: RoL, Music, Confessions, and Hard Candy.) As others have pointed out, her opinion seems to shift a bit as she rambles on. First, M should have ended her career with RoL. Then it was after Music -- which she can't decide whether it's worthwhile or not. "It's good, but I don't like it." Hmm? Is she saying, "I understand it was critically acclaimed and I respect it, but it's not my cup of tea"? She also can't decide about RoL, apparently. Because if she doesn't like it, then why should Madonna have even created it at all? After all, if LaRoux ruled the world, M would have stopped in the 80s -- long before RoL and Lola were a twinkle in M's eye.

She really shouldn't comment when all her music sounds like it was made on a shoestring budget. As for her voice...why does she always sound like her labia lips are being tweeked apart by tweezers brandished by her hairy girlfriend?

I love Madonna but she should have stopped after Who's that Girl, I hate that album even though it was

good. But It was just 2 80's for me cuz I was 7 & there was a whole bunch of other artists on that record.

Her best album Like A Prayer was released after that..but I hate it even though she's amazing & it's the best

album of 1989.

In other news : This morning I passed a solid in the upstairs lavatory :fag:

aaaaaaaaaahahahahah exactly.

She is one of those people that doesn't have an opinion so she swallows everyone elses and then spits it back up...a mess!

Guest bluejean

I just don't get why there's so much knee-jerk hatred because she voiced an opinion about Madonna that most of us disagree with.

I know, it's so unusual right? Someone says Madonna should have quit 20 years ago and hardcore Madonna fans get defensive and dislike the person and her comments :shock:

I love 'Bulletproof' by the way, good track.