La Roux mentions Madonna...

Flip The Switch

French website Ozap interviewed UK singer La Roux. She mentioned Madonna, in the process…

Ozap: On your MySpace you mentioned Madonna as an influence, but you write ‘in her early years’. Why is that?

La Roux: Because what she did since the 90’s is shitty (laughs)! Her last song what is it… 4 seconds? 4 Minutes, I just don’t like it.

Ozap: Still, she’s an inspiration for many artists…

La Roux: She is. I was about to say “I”, but I meant “I had” the utmost respect for her, but she should have stopped after Ray of Light!

Ozap: Ray of Light was her big comeback…

La Roux: Yeah well, she should have stopped with Music, but I didn’t like Ray of Light, it was too 90’s for me.

Ozap: But you were 10 when it came out…

La Roux: Yes and I hated this album, at the time, and I still hate it (laughs). No she’s brilliant, she’s a legend, I’m not minimizing what she did ! But I’m not gonna lie and pretend I absolutely love everything she ever did. There no such artist for me. David Bowie is my favorite artist of all time, but still I didn’t like Ziggy Stardust, even though it’s his most successful record. Same for me. Many people might hate my album, but I don’t care.

Ozap: You seem very pessimistic…

La Roux: I kinda am. About Madonna, I really love what she did in the 80’s. Very synthetic music. I don’t like ‘Music’, even though I think it was a good album. And she’s one of the rare artists who are making music for what 30 years? And she has been successful for 30 years! I give her props for that. She’s also a fucking brilliant businesswoman. For me, she’s more about the business than the music, these past years. And to be honest, I wouldn’t walk in a leotard at my age. Seeing someone doing it at her age isn’t really appealing to me. She’s got a great body, but I think it’s time for to retire nicely.

Source: www.absolumentmadonna.fr

:electropop::blink:

La Roux's music reminds me a bit of a crap version of Kim Wilde and can I say FIRE CROUCH lolz.

but seriously why is everyone using Madonna (and strangely David) to get press attention? Can't they gain it by themselves?

I love Madonna but she should have stopped after Who's that Girl, I hate that album even though it was

good. But It was just 2 80's for me cuz I was 7 & there was a whole bunch of other artists on that record.

Her best album Like A Prayer was released after that..but I hate it even though she's amazing & it's the best

album of 1989.

In other news : This morning I passed a solid in the upstairs lavatory :fag:

Ozap: Still, she’s an inspiration for many artists…

La Roux: She is. I was about to say “I”, but I meant “I had” the utmost respect for her, but she should have stopped after Ray of Light!

Ozap: Ray of Light was her big comeback…

La Roux: Yeah well, she should have stopped with Music, but I didn’t like Ray of Light, it was too 90’s for me.

Ozap: You seem very pessimistic…

La Roux: I kinda am. About Madonna, I really love what she did in the 80’s. Very synthetic music. I don’t like ‘Music’, even though I think it was a good album. And she’s one of the rare artists who are making music for what 30 years? And she has been successful for 30 years! I give her props for that. She’s also a fucking brilliant businesswoman. For me, she’s more about the business than the music, these past years. And to be honest, I wouldn’t walk in a leotard at my age. Seeing someone doing it at her age isn’t really appealing to me. She’s got a great body, but I think it’s time for to retire nicely.

I don't get this bitch. First "Music" is where she should've stopped - but it's a good album but she doesn't like it? Confused much? Oh, and if you have a great body, it's not really appealling and you should retire.

I think this bitch is on something.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

I love Madonna but she should have stopped after Who's that Girl, I hate that album even though it was

good. But It was just 2 80's for me cuz I was 7 & there was a whole bunch of other artists on that record.

Her best album Like A Prayer was released after that..but I hate it even though she's amazing & it's the best

album of 1989.

Spot on! :thumbsup: Nothing else to say really...

Oh... and LOL to that picture :chuckle:

She's an extremely stupid and rather inarticulate girl. But she's young -like 18 or something right? So it's hardly surprising that she knows shit all about anything. She'll look back on these type of interviews (she does them a lot) and cringe.

Their music is ok though, it's a catchy 1980's pastiche (a decade she wasn't even around for). It does sound like Kim Wilde a bit.

album of 1989.

haha perfect

I just love how certain artists in general have the arrogance to say when other artists should stop doing what they themselves love doing. Creating music. It really says more about them and their fucked up world view then it says about the people they are complaining about.

I look forward to laroux albums and tours in 30 years! LOL

It's so easy to attack M and get headlines but the truth is the fact they constantly refer to her means she IS still relevant!

By the way I think Little Boots are so much better than laroux! I find laroux music sounds like a cheap unfinished demo.