Sophia Loren on Madonna

FreeMySoul

Guest Pud Whacker

Welch is still better looking :vanitybonet:

one mans wine is another mans poison. theyre both fantastic for their own beings.

Guest dicktracy

Comparing Sophia Loren and Raquel Welch is like comparing Charlize Theron and Farrah Fawcett. One was acclaimed for her craft and her beauty while the other was mostly famous because of her looks. Sophia and Charlize were never box office champs like Julia Roberts but both won Academy Awards for best actress and were in many most beautiful lists. Welch was known mostly because of a movie poster much like Farrah and her calendar pic. Now, Patty Duke is like Anna Paquin. Both won Oscars (supporting) at an early age but ask most people on the streets (especially outside the US) who they are and they will go, huh? They are still working but are definitely not icons.

Madonna looks like some rough old slag from a council estate, one with about 8 kids by 6 different dads :lmao:

Well she has 4 by 4 so far :demonic:

Typical of the Daily Mail, trying to incite some negative comments on Madonna from the Goddess that is Sophia Loren. The woman is far too dignified for that - despite Madonna looking HIDEOUS at that premier and I can see where Sophia was coming from - Madonna was not in a good place back then - it was the pinnacle of her finding herself in crowded rooms, feeling so alone.

• 9 months later...

long haired or short haired Raquel Welch is gorgeous compared to this Sophia person. Sophia's face is more masculine.

You know what?

10 months on I have to agree with you :thumbsup:

actually was once said Sophia was thee "Most Beautiful Woman in the World" she has always been a classy chic! Maybe M was lonely (those were her provacitive (everybody thought she was a talentless slut) days. Or maybe S was lonely and wanted M to be lonely too.

actually was once said Sophia was thee "Most Beautiful Woman in the World" she has always been a classy chic! Maybe M was lonely (those were her provacitive (everybody thought she was a talentless slut) days. Or maybe S was lonely and wanted M to be lonely too.

She made herself look ok for that night on purpose

If you take a pic of Loren at 52 and one of Madonna today

They don't even compare in terms of sheer beauty

Then Loren is a bit of an historically controversial figure here in Italy in a way so........

As for talent Madonna has challenged herself artistically a dozen thousand times more than Loren has

and in her primary field which is music Madonna is just unparalleled, even more so 30 years later the inception of her

career..............and her career started in the late 70s and 80's so it gives Madonna even more relevance

Considering that there's nothing remaining standing of the 80's at least in terms of stars that were huge back then

Some of them are still talked about obviously and no one denies they have a huge talent but what Madonna IS today

no one can match

Wasn't the premiere that they met at for the wonderful Pret a porter?

Yes, I believe it was. Always wanted to see that when I was kid -- never got around to it. Not sure why M was at the premiere? Was she friends with the director or someone else in the cast? I recall it was very much an ensemble cast. And it was about fashion, to which M is very connected. But otherwise, I'm not sure why she was there. (I guess maybe that's a silly question... She and Guy turned up at the Sin City premiere, and she went to Harry Potter with Lourdes... I guess they invite big names for red carpet publicity... Was just thinking she went for some other reason, I guess.)

Madonna in full s e x / Erotica backlash ... End 1992 ? It was clear she was unhappy , ill-inspired and lonely at the time ...

Yes, I believe it was. Always wanted to see that when I was kid -- never got around to it. Not sure why M was at the premiere? Was she friends with the director or someone else in the cast? I recall it was very much an ensemble cast. And it was about fashion, to which M is very connected. But otherwise, I'm not sure why she was there. (I guess maybe that's a silly question... She and Guy turned up at the Sin City premiere, and she went to Harry Potter with Lourdes... I guess they invite big names for red carpet publicity... Was just thinking she went for some other reason, I guess.)

Well there were lots of her friends involved. Including JPG (Gaultier)...Imagine if I had been there! Linda and Madonna and me in the same place all at one time!!! The universe would have most definitely exploded! I imagine that a lot of the cast were friends, acquaintances and peers. There were a lot of cool people in the film. It's a wonderful film. :)

Is it true that the real Sophia was in the American Life video? :lmao:

ahahahah how ironic

I was just rewatching the original unMadonnacensored AL video and realized that she's featured briefly at the end of it

among the guests at the fashion show..... lol

I think that was an actress impersonating her

You know, I don't think that Queen Sophia would participate in a Madge video