Sophia Loren on Madonna

FreeMySoul

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1225278/Sophia-Loren--I-don-t-know-I-want-I-grow-up.html

As a genuine icon in a world where the word has become somewhat devalued, what does she think of Madonna, and today’s obsession with global stardom?

‘I only met her once, at a premiere. I was waiting outside with a group of people, surrounded by photographers, and she was walking towards us. I said, “Madonna, come here,” because she looked so alone, and we were photographed together.

She was charming and very respectful to me, but you know, she looked very lonely.’

sophia_loren_madonna_feb08misc09.jpg

^ Absolutely. There best not be a bad word said in this thread about SL - not only is she a paesan, she's the ultimate female movie icon in my opinion. Looks like they met during the early/mid 90s judging by the pic. I think SL's characterization of M during that time is on target.

Wow. She said something insignificant about Madonna.

Well to be fair, Madonna was at Sophia's movie premier. Besides, it's nice to see how honest she was. She didn't turn one photo op into some fictionalized friendship like everyone else does. Basically, I met her once and it's all cool.

Guest Hot Revolver

Yea madonna did look lonley and by her appearances it looks as if she was battling inner demons as well. very spot on, sophie loren! :thumbsup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1225278/Sophia-Loren--I-don-t-know-I-want-I-grow-up.html

As a genuine icon in a world where the word has become somewhat devalued, what does she think of Madonna, and today’s obsession with global stardom?

‘I only met her once, at a premiere. I was waiting outside with a group of people, surrounded by photographers, and she was walking towards us. I said, “Madonna, come here,” because she looked so alone, and we were photographed together.

She was charming and very respectful to me, but you know, she looked very lonely.’

sophia_loren_madonna_feb08misc09.jpg

Great! Thanks for posting.

Never heard of this Sophia chick before and don't find her particualry attractive either..judging by those pics anyway but M does look kinda rough in those pics, really bad hair and the rest of it!