Remove 5 projects from Madonnas career

DIRTY PIG

Im going to say something that will make heads explode.

Since I am loving the Blacked Eyed Peas new stuff to death I think Madonna should work with Will.i.am for her next record. What do yall think about those apples! Yeah I said it! AND WHAT!!!!!!!!! :demonic:

Since I am loving the Blacked Eyed Peas new stuff to death I think Madonna should work with Will.i.am for her next record. What do yall think about those apples! Yeah I said it! AND WHAT!!!!!!!!! :demonic:

Oh nooo.

I'm digging their new reord, but I want Madonna to do something more personal, and passionate. I know she wants HITS, but she needs to try a new route to get there.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

So you love it....You just think she didn't :blink::wacko:

okay :lmao:

What ARE you talking about? I simply said the album didn't come from a big creative idea she was needing to express. It was a thrown together project. It doesn't mean she doesn't like it. The album was born out of NECESSITY. That's not a BAD thing. but that's what it was.

Guest SuperBriGuy

This is why I laugh when people say Madonna only pushes buttons to sell records. Everytime the woman does something that gets people pissed off she always has a dip in her sales. LAP had some massive ass hits, but it never came close to the sales of True Blue. I have to wonder if she began to turn a large group of people off at that time with the video. Then came Erotica and I was too young at the time to really focus in on what was going on at that time but I am sure media coverage of her was in overdrive negative or not. The album "bombed" compared to her other records. Then came American Life and we all know how that turned out. Dont get me wrong, I love my girl when she is pushing buttons but I cant think of a time when it resulted in huge album sales.

(well I guess Justify My Love, but that was probably due to horny men. Not people that were into the song. :lol: )

Well Madonna has said in interviews that she built a wall up around herself because every time she'd open up a magazine during the Erotica era she'd read something incredibly scathing about herself. She suffered a major backlash with Sex and Body Of Evidence; nobody really looked at the messages she was trying to convey on her Erotica album (HIV awareness, homosexuality, equality). It touched on issues that nobody really wanted to tackle and that's really why I'm ashamed it got so overlooked. Madonna was more socially aware than any other major artist and she had something important to say. In my opinion it is one of her best albums and the fact that people often focused more on Body Of Evidence or Sex just irks me.

What ARE you talking about? I simply said the album didn't come from a big creative idea she was needing to express. It was a thrown together project. It doesn't mean she doesn't like it. The album was born out of NECESSITY. That's not a BAD thing. but that's what it was.

Which begs the question: What are YOU talking about? You saying it's thrown together is YOU projecting your own personal feelings onto a project, YOU had no part in. How do you know it was thrown together? Were you in the studio? Do you know what was going through her mind?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Do you know what was going through her mind?

No, but she did SPEAK her mind on the project, which is what i'm basing my opinion on. I said this already.

Oh nooo.

I'm digging their new reord, but I want Madonna to do something more personal, and passionate. I know she wants HITS, but she needs to try a new route to get there.

I know. And I have said the same thing. I want something very deep and passionate as well next time. BUT if she went that route I wouldnt flip my lid like 99.9% of this forum would. :lol:

I know. And I have said the same thing. I want something very deep and passionate as well next time. BUT if she went that route I wouldnt flip my lid like 99.9% of this forum would. :lol:

The Hard Candy era would seem like a golden age :lmao:

None of us need that kind of insane drama over a pop record. I would really love her to do something conceptual, and to the left of everything currently popular.

I've always thought that Meet Me Halfway, before it's single release, was the R&B-Electro vibe that was missing on the album. If she would do a song like that but put her own signiture spin on it, I'd be happy.

This is actually a good idea.I like the electro,80s funk sound that Black Eyed Peas are making.It's retro,yet very futuristic-sounding.I wouldn't mind if Madonna went this route with her next album.

Guest Danny86
She probably wanted to save her more experimental desires for Live Nation.

RS: How important are hit songs to you?

Madonna: Well... It's important, I'm not going to lie. I want my music to be accessible and reach people all around the world.

She said it herself. Something about Warner wanting a record from her

Madonna: I liked this space, but I didn't think you were ready. The amount that you've grown from that record to this one is huge. But I only intended to write a few songs with you. I intended to do the bulk of the record with Mirwais [Ahmadzai, the producer of her last two albums Music and American Life], and then it turned out to go in the other direction, because the first song resonated so monstrously.

SP: 'Hung Up'.

M: And that song made up my mind in which musical direction to go in. Until then I had done an entire soundtrack to a musical called Hello Suckers, and that didn't pan out because I decided I didn't want to do it. Then I decided to write a musical with Luc Besson, with him doing the screenplay. So I started a whole new chunk of songs, and then I read the script and I hated it, and I thought, 'That's crap, let's scrap that'. And then I was exhausted. We finished the tour, and my record company was like, 'You owe us an album', and I was, 'I don't have any more ideas, I'm tapped out'. So I came over here to work experimentally, and because that song turned out so great, I said, 'OK, that's it, I'm making all dance music'.

Guest bluejean

I can see why some may not have liked the Deeper and Deeper video, she looked like a right DYKE in it. A look she later carried onto The Butchy Show tour :manson: The D&D video is great though, i love it.

:lol:

I know, I was watching The Girlie Show just the other day and I was thinking that even though it's a great show, she looked older than she looks now. I'm sure the dykes loved it!

1. EROTICA (THE SONG and THE ALBUM) AND SEX BOOK (Erotica-the song was so similar to Justify My Love, and the album wasn't good enough)

2. AMERICAN LIFE (THE SONG AND THE VIDEO) (Nothing Fails should've been the first single and then Love Profusion)

3. THE NEXT BEST THING MOVIE (Devastation of her acting credibility after the success of Evita and wasted time during one of her most popular periods)

4. SWEPT AWAY (Again, wasted time during popular times)

5. GHV2 (Too early for 2nd Greatest Hits, no new songs, no promotion, this was a murder of RAY OF LIGHT's and MUSIC's catalog sales)

1. Shanghai Surprise

I agree with someone who said this killed the buzz for her acting career. She should've done Blind Date with Bruce Willis which was the role she passed on to do this piece of shit. Of course, Madonna said she wrote "La Isla Bonita" while on the set in China because she was dreaming of an island paradise where she would've rather have been. So I guess everything happens for a reason.

2. Me Against the Music

For gods sake, if you were gonna do a duet with Britney, it should've been "Breathe On Me" not this shit-ass tune. And the video deserves the parodies it's gotten - the VMA kiss was brilliant, but there is no need for a sequel in this video.

3. Swept Away

I actually don't even hate this movie. However, it was destined to flop. Stop working with people you marry. IT NEVER WORKS!

4. The Next Best Thing

The soundtrack is good and that's about it. She should've held out for Chicago - a part which she basically HAD in her pocket until she opted to do this garbage instead and then tour in 2001. I am not ungrateful for the tour, but jesus - this film ruined everything she fought so hard for in Evita.

5. "American Life" Song

If she had to put it on the album, she should've used the Felix da Housecat remix as the album version and flushed this acoustic-techno turd down the toilet. And axe the entire rap. Wonderful video though (the original). The fact she never included this track on Celebration is proof she knows it is utter shite.

Children's Books

American Life (Album)

GAP commercial

Me Against the Music (with Britney Spears)

Jump (Video)

Btw, people who wished SEX never happened are truly insane.

I agree :) The Sex book is one of the most courageous,ballsy things that she has ever done! I LOVE the fact that many people were offended/upset/confused by it.That was her whole point....to expose people's fears,stereotypes and conservative attitudes about sex.She was making a statement with that book.

I really think the SEX book and that whole era really solidified her legendary status. NO POP STAR had gone that far before and I seriously doubt anyone ever will. Although I can kinda see Lady GaGa doing something similar but anyway.

I agree nobody before her (a mainstream pop star) had ever gone that far and never will. lets pray to god gaga doesnt get her sagging cow tits and flabby clunge out for all to see.

RS: How important are hit songs to you?

Madonna: Well... It's important, I'm not going to lie. I want my music to be accessible and reach people all around the world.

Madonna: I liked this space, but I didn't think you were ready. The amount that you've grown from that record to this one is huge. But I only intended to write a few songs with you. I intended to do the bulk of the record with Mirwais [Ahmadzai, the producer of her last two albums Music and American Life], and then it turned out to go in the other direction, because the first song resonated so monstrously.

SP: 'Hung Up'.

M: And that song made up my mind in which musical direction to go in. Until then I had done an entire soundtrack to a musical called Hello Suckers, and that didn't pan out because I decided I didn't want to do it. Then I decided to write a musical with Luc Besson, with him doing the screenplay. So I started a whole new chunk of songs, and then I read the script and I hated it, and I thought, 'That's crap, let's scrap that'. And then I was exhausted. We finished the tour, and my record company was like, 'You owe us an album', and I was, 'I don't have any more ideas, I'm tapped out'. So I came over here to work experimentally, and because that song turned out so great, I said, 'OK, that's it, I'm making all dance music'.

I never once heard her say she was "tapped out" when discussing HC. She always just said she liked listening to T&T/Pharrell's music and that's what she wanted to sound like. Really not rocket science or anything. People projecting their own personal opinion on behalf of Madonna is old. Funny how fans like to throw words in her mouth, yet something like this where she straight up said I HAVE NO IDEAS basically gets swept under the rug because COADF is the sound they want. Therefore, these "conspiracy theories" need not be discussed. I don't think Madonna has ever done an album she's not into. I don't think we'd hear it if she were REALLY not into it.

I wouldn't change anything about her career. Without something that I dislike I may not have gotten something I find brilliant. Erotica would be an example of this, that album is below her abilities totally. Going from LAP to Erotica was like going from filet mignon every night to Spam. Nobody liked it at the time and had the music actually been...ya know....good....I don't think the backlash would've been as severe as it was. Don't get me wrong, I like tracks on Erotica but overall it's a nadir for her musically. Nice concept, poor execution. BUT without this I'm certain ROL would not be as we know it and that is one of her peaks to me.

I'm sure after 17 years, and God knows how many "reinventions" later some of the HC haters will also find brilliance in that. It's only been 6 years since AL and while it's still probably the most hated in her catalogue overall, the tide has turned slightly for that album. I think I read more positivity regarding it now then I did in '03.

This is why I laugh when people say Madonna only pushes buttons to sell records. Everytime the woman does something that gets people pissed off she always has a dip in her sales. LAP had some massive ass hits, but it never came close to the sales of True Blue. I have to wonder if she began to turn a large group of people off at that time with the video. Then came Erotica and I was too young at the time to really focus in on what was going on at that time but I am sure media coverage of her was in overdrive negative or not. The album "bombed" compared to her other records. Then came American Life and we all know how that turned out. Dont get me wrong, I love my girl when she is pushing buttons but I cant think of a time when it resulted in huge album sales.

(well I guess Justify My Love, but that was probably due to horny men. Not people that were into the song. :lol: )

Like a Virgin was somewhat button pushing and definitely had a lot of positive attention and success. That era is what propelled her to the stardom we know today. People got really oversensitive and annoying all of a sudden. The media was really reactionary and dumb. I agree that her controversial moments don't equal success for her. Anyway...regarding SEX...It's fucking amazing. I mean Erotica is a great album with many great moments. Then the fact that there is some accessible book that incorporates themes and ideas from the album plus much much more and in such an interesting and beautiful way. There has been nothing like it before or since in the pop world. I don't care if the timing was wrong for the media or any other whore. It was perfect and brilliant. Oh and it definitely does always come back to the music...so many of her fans still ADORE E-rot-ic 'a'.

I never once heard her say she was "tapped out" when discussing HC. She always just said she liked listening to T&T/Pharrell's music and that's what she wanted to sound like. Really not rocket science or anything. People projecting their own personal opinion on behalf of Madonna is old. Funny how fans like to throw words in her mouth, yet something like this where she straight up said I HAVE NO IDEAS basically gets swept under the rug because COADF is the sound they want. Therefore, these "conspiracy theories" need not be discussed. I don't think Madonna has ever done an album she's not into. I don't think we'd hear it if she were REALLY not into it.

I wouldn't change anything about her career. Without something that I dislike I may not have gotten something I find brilliant. Erotica would be an example of this, that album is below her abilities totally. Going from LAP to Erotica was like going from filet mignon every night to Spam. Nobody liked it at the time and had the music actually been...ya know....good....I don't think the backlash would've been as severe as it was. Don't get me wrong, I like tracks on Erotica but overall it's a nadir for her musically. Nice concept, poor execution. BUT without this I'm certain ROL would not be as we know it and that is one of her peaks to me.

I'm sure after 17 years, and God knows how many "reinventions" later some of the HC haters will also find brilliance in that. It's only been 6 years since AL and while it's still probably the most hated in her catalogue overall, the tide has turned slightly for that album. I think I read more positivity regarding it now then I did in '03.

I think the musical nadir of Madonna is very solidly HC dear.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

'You owe us an album', and I was, 'I don't have any more ideas, I'm tapped out'.[/b]

And this is where HC sprang from.

From having no ideas and being tapped out.

As i said.

:clap: