"Glee": The Power of Madonna (All-Madonna Episode)

thebigham

EOnline:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b150015_glee_star_gets_nail_old_madonna.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Glee Star Gets to Nail Old Madonna

Today 12:59 PM PDT by Marc Malkin

When Dianna Agron told us recently that she was going to be singing a Madonna song on an upcoming episode of Glee, our first hunch was "Like a Virgin."

After all, she does play pregnant high school cheerleader Quinn Fabray.

But we were wrong…

We're told that Agron will be covering that other very appropriate song "Papa Don't Preach," Madge's classic tune from 1986 about a young woman telling her dad that she's expecting a baby that she intends to keep.

Agron didn't want to give too much away, but she did gush, "When do you stop listening to Madonna? I went home for Thanksgiving last year and we had a bunch of family friends and family over.

"Somebody put on a string of three Madonna songs and the boys were more into it than the girls," she continued. "It was hysterical, like something out of a movie."

Or out of a TV show.

We also broke the news to Agron that television impresario Joss Whedon will be directing an upcoming episode of Glee. "That's incredible," she said. "We were all jonesing for it. I think they had to find the time and the place…I'm so excited."

And so are we.

P.S. Maybe Whedon could get Madonna to actually appear on the show!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From 10/9:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b148253_why_madonna_perfect_glee.html

Why Madonna Is Perfect for Glee

Fri., Oct. 9, 2009 1:40 PM PDT by Marc Malkin

The world is much better place now that we have Glee, don't ya think?

I dare you to try watching that show without cracking a smile, tapping your feet or as I do, singing along.

Producers have already entertained us with guest stars like Kristin Chenoweth and Josh Groban.

Who should be next?

Madonna!

Wouldn't it be awesome if Madge played gay Kurt's mom? Yeah, his mother is dead but that's why we have flashback scenes.

We think it would be the perfect way for Madonna to redeem herself after that so not funny skit with Lady Gaga on Saturday Night Live.

What do you think?

Guest SuperBriGuy

you guys, what is glee? can someone tell me in one or two sentences?

Glee is a show centering around a bunch of teenagers in glee club and their ensuing drama. They perform a lot of popular songs from different genres throughout the show. :thumbsup:

Didn't know how concise you wanted it!

you guys, what is glee? can someone tell me in one or two sentences?

It's a drama/comedy/musical TV series about a high school glee-club. Every week they sing two or three songs, from various genres (pop, rock, r&b, rap, country, etc.), that have some connection to the storyline.

Guest SuperBriGuy

It's a drama/comedy/musical show about a high school glee-club. Every week they sing two or three songs, from various genres (pop, rock, r&b, rap, country, etc.), that have some connection to the storyline.

Ha ha, beat you. Muah. :p

Guest Pud Whacker

thanks johnny and superbb!

so, its a reality show? and why is everyone so stoked? its a cool show? will madonna appear, too?

Guest SuperBriGuy

thanks johnny and superbb!

so, its a reality show? and why is everyone so stoked? its a cool show? will madonna appear, too?

Welcome dear!

It's not a reality show, it's one of the few shows on TV that aren't nowadays. :lol: I'm stoked because they actually end up doing a fairly decent job with the songs they use and they remain fairly close to the original most of the time...they don't fuck it up. I love the show, it's really cool. I don't think Madonna's going to appear though.

Madonna has given "Glee" the rights to her Catalog

http://music-mix.ew....m-lambert-next/

EW has learned that Madonna has given Glee the rights to her catalog and that an all-Madonna-music episode is in the works for early next year.

It's a perfect oppurtunity for Madonna...I hope that they squeeze the moment and make it really fun and nice...by the way, does anyone know how GLEE is making in the ratings game?does many watch it?

Guest maddyfan171

It's a perfect oppurtunity for Madonna...I hope that they squeeze the moment and make it really fun and nice...by the way, does anyone know how GLEE is making in the ratings game?does many watch it?

Glee is doing very well in the ratings. It was the very first show of the new season to get a full season pick-up. I believe it is getting roughly 8-9 million viewers weekly. It is a great show!!

the one with the mohawk is hot - the other one is not

I've just finished watching episode 1 to 8 just now...and I enjoyed it so much...the music, the choreo and Mr. Shuester and Pucker, oh I'm In Love..

Ha, so Madonna is more aware of television than she lets on.

She also allowed Popular (same creator) usage of her music as well, I remember Music, Lucky Star and Ray Of Light were used on that show.

I LOVED POP U LAR!!! That fat girl has gone all skinny now and I think she may even have blond hair too.

i doubt...........MADONNA herself gave the blessing...

it's Warners that own the rights...so put it together.

I know. Makes me chuckle that people forget that Madonna SHARES her music rights with other people.

EOnline:

"Somebody put on a string of three Madonna songs and the boys were more into it than the girls," she continued. "It was hysterical, like something out of a movie."

I wonder if she will be laughing when they all turn out to be faggs...

Madonna has given "Glee" the rights to her Catalog

http://music-mix.ew....m-lambert-next/

EW has learned that Madonna has given Glee the rights to her catalog and that an all-Madonna-music episode is in the works for early next year.

I was wondering if this madonna thing will only be featured in One episode only?meaning one night only?

Glee is a show centering around a bunch of teenagers in glee club and their ensuing drama. They perform a lot of popular songs from different genres throughout the show. :thumbsup:

sounds cheesetastic...

Guest groovyguy

Description on Hulu.com

From Ryan Murphy, the creator of "Nip/Tuck" and "Popular," comes GLEE, a one-hour musical comedy that follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of all: Nationals. Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison, Broadway's "Hairspray"), a young optimistic teacher, has offered to take on the Herculean task of restoring McKinley's Glee Club to its former glory. Driven by his secret past, Will is determined to do whatever it takes to make Glee great again, even though everyone around him thinks he's nuts. He's out to prove them all wrong.

No offense but this show sounds like shit. I'll only watch the Madonna episode when it comes online.

Guest Drowned Bedtime

The show overall is meh, but Jane Lynch as Sue is one of the greatest TV show characters I've ever watched.

Seriously hysterical.