"Glee": The Power of Madonna (All-Madonna Episode)

thebigham

Why should one be embarrassed? Its a great homage to Madonna and its very rare that a Number 1 TV show devotes something positive to her.

Usually one just sees trashing and making fun and ridicule of what Madonna has done in her career and her life (ie 30 Rock) very much like the usual stuff I read in these forums .

This time it actually showcases how encompassing her music is And even glorifying the magnitude of her impact culturally.

And its not like Glee needs Madonna right now with the ratings and rave reviews it has gotten from the beginning of its run up to now.

But of course I am not underestimating The power Of Madonna Lets just see next week how its gonna impact on Glee's ratings.

Madonna--1107875-small.jpg

Why should one be embarrassed? Its a great homage to Madonna and its very rare that a Number 1 TV show devotes something positive to her.

Usually one just sees trashing and making fun and ridicule of what Madonna has done in her career and her life (ie 30 Rock) very much like the usual stuff I read in these forums .

This time it actually showcases how encompassing her music is And even glorifying the magnitude of her impact culturally.

And its not like Glee needs Madonna right now with the ratings and rave reviews it has gotten from the beginning of its run up to now.

But of course I am not underestimating The power Of Madonna Lets just see next week how its gonna impact on Glee's ratings.

Madonna--1107875-small.jpg

:clap:

Honestly, some fans take the cake. Certainly, I am not saying these performances even come close to the original, but this is the type of exposure she needs to stay relevant within the younger crowd and for those younger generations to understand why she is the Icon she is. I keep hearing from some fans that the younger generation haven't a clue about music, etc., regarding understanding the importance of Madonna. Well, guess what? That's because they haven't been exposed to it as the older fans have. And every generation goes through this with new and old artists.

I am far from a Glee fan. I've never watched the show and considered passing up watching the Madonna episode. But I won't lie... I'm curious. I want to see what all the hoopla is about. And while I think it's a bit corny, etc., I am not going to rip it to shreds. Especially when it pays homage to some of the greatest music within history. In the end, it's all about entertaining people. Yet, some people turn this into some sort of contest. It isn't for me. I just enjoy it. And the moment I don't... I move on. I don't spend time, twisting it into something horrible.

My only wish is that Madonna herself would take advantage of the homage to her and maybe push her recent releases to the forefront by doing some appearances and/or performances if not score a new song. But whatever.... it'll be nice to see for a few weeks the surge of interest in her body of work.

Fucking awful. The idea behind the episode is nice but anyone who actually likes this whiny, corny, auto-tuned trash should be embarrassed.

fuck off. :rotfl: as if the original Like a Virgin isn't whiny or corny. it's a novelty. Lighten up.

Guest jamesshot

Embarrassed by this? Hell no.

This is great for Madonna in every way. It is about a high school glee club so expecting some grand renditions is absurd. It is what it is and for that it is damn good.

Every great older artist needs something to introduce themselves to a newer audience. While Madonna has had some mega hits in the US lately (4M and HU to a lesser extent) the younger crowds didn't have reason to explore her older material and discover why we fell in love with her. Trust me, just like us, when the younger set starts discovering her older material they too will love her just as we did. It happens for every great artist. Madonna just needed something to lure them. Glee is going to do that.

New Glee cast interview. "Moral of the story...we love Madonna"

http://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=122091

Aw, sweet! I noticed Mr. Morrison was missing from this one. But it was nice to see Emma (the guidance counselor -- just love her!), too... up until now, it's been more the kids talking with bits from Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch.

Seeing Mercedes talk again, it makes me really wonder if she did mean "Rescue Me" when she said "Power of Love." She would have been VERY young when that song came out and it has kind of fallen into relative obscurity (compared to other Madonna back catalog songs) because there is no video or live performance to remind people by being replayed (even though it was a top ten hit here in the U.S., and I can remember hearing it on the radio at the time). If you were really young when that came out, maybe you'd remember the "I believe in the power of love" part and think that was the title instead of "Rescue Me."

The frenzy building up to this episode is insane. They are doing a brillant job. (Live Nation take notice!!!!) At this point ratings may hit new heights for this show. And no matter if you like the renditions or not, it's safe to say that Madonna will cash in once the episode aired. Not only will the renditions have strong sales numbers, the originals will have solid ones too. Look, this show is a phenomenon just as High School Muscial was some years ago. So the potentional is obvious. Expect the combined downloads to be massive.

Fucking awful. The idea behind the episode is nice but anyone who actually likes this whiny, corny, auto-tuned trash should be embarrassed.

Oh please, I'm not a fan of Glee music (I like the show) but get real, you think Rihanna is the next best thing.

The frenzy building up to this episode is insane. They are doing a brillant job. (Live Nation take notice!!!!) At this point ratings may hit new heights for this show. And no matter if you like the renditions or not, it's safe to say that Madonna will cash in once the episode aired. Not only will the renditions have strong sales numbers, the originals will have solid ones too. Look, this show is a phenomenon just as High School Muscial was some years ago. So the potentional is obvious. Expect the combined downloads to be massive.

can we really expect any effects of this show to Madonna..and does we really feel that this episode will be watch by more number...coz i always feel that there is still that negative feeling of america towards madonna...

Guest Topaz Scorpio

can we really expect any effects of this show to Madonna..and does we really feel that this episode will be watch by more number...coz i always feel that there is still that negative feeling of america towards madonna...

The U.S. has always had a love/hate relationship with her. Her music has generally always been loved, which is why this Glee episode will succeed. There's also a lot of nostalgia and happy feelings people have when remembering hits of hers they grew up with back in the 80's.

It's her persona that people hated, and that's why when there are critiques of her it's usually "whore", "old", "cradle robber", "plastic surgery", blah, blah, blah. But isn't that the same kind of stuff that was thrown at Cher back in the day? When you look at it from that perspective you see that it may have less to do with Madonna per se and more to do with strong, female personalities who are sexual.

The episode has the potential to be grand. I'm excited to see it. Regardless, the recordings of the songs are shit.

No one has to agree with me. :D

But I do! :D

I'm still not sure I know exactly what this 'Glee' is..but it looks like a cool show & I'm exited..

So I hope I'll find the show to DL online somewhere.. .

I love that old woman in the tracksuit that goes 'Somewhere in the English countryside Madonna is weeping..' :chuckle:

I have to say this seems to be accurate from my perspective. I do think Kelly Osbourne came close though. I loved her version of Papa Don't Preach.

Proof that Glee fans have no taste. MY GOD.

Look, this shit is awful. I do believe it deserves a pass, though, simply because it will open M up to a younger demo. Otherwise, Glee is an awful show that deserves to get canceled and is only meant for overgrown adults who can't get over being in choir in high school. Ew.

Guest nothingfails0603

Well I was never in glee in high school but I watch the show for one reason, and one reason will keep me watching it

jane-lynch-glee.jpg

Jane kicks so much ass as Sue Sylvester and I hope she isn't overlooked at the Emmys this year. Glee is a fun program but Sue Sylvester singlehandedly makes the show must-see television.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Proof that Glee fans have no taste. MY GOD.

Look, this shit is awful. I do believe it deserves a pass, though, simply because it will open M up to a younger demo. Otherwise, Glee is an awful show that deserves to get canceled and is only meant for overgrown adults who can't get over being in choir in high school. Ew.

I have to agree. The clips I have seen of the show look tacky and terrible. I would only watch to see the, bitchy gym teacher, she looks to be a hoot. I'm glad M is getting exposure which such a popular show though. The same way I wouldn't mind her showing up on American Idol,as tacky as it is, just to get exposure.

I have no intentions of getting any of the Glee music (the Gleeks will take care of that, after all) , but I am excited for the episode, moreso for the dialog and mentions/discussion about Madonna.

Guest groovyguy

I have no intentions of getting any of the Glee music (the Gleeks will take care of that, after all) , but I am excited for the episode, moreso for the dialog and mentions/discussion about Madonna.

Same here. Looking forward to this episode with much glee! The Madonna mentions/discussion sound real cool.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b176946_glees_chris_colfer_madonna_knows_who_i.html

Glee's Chris Colfer: Madonna Knows Who I Am!

Today 7:22 AM PDT by Marc Malkin

Fox; Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images; Fox

In the very short time it's been around, Glee has already won a Golden Globe, a SAG Award, a Peabody and on Saturday night, the show picked up a GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Comedy Series.

But does any of that even compare to learning that Madonna is a fan of the show?

On Friday, Madge released a statement praising tomorrow night's all-Madonna episode...

Describing the episode as "brilliant on every level," the Queen of Pop also gushed to Us Weekly, "The entire cast was amazing. They're all so talented. I especially loved Sue Sylvester and Kurt Hummel's characters."

Jane Lynch says it doesn't get any better than that. "It's a peak experience," she told me at the GLAAD Awards. "Chris [Colfer] was shaking, going, 'Look! Look!' We hugged each other and we held each other closely for just a moment."

It's almost too much for Colfer to take in at once. "The fact that she watched the show," he said. The fact that she watched the show with Lola and I'm one of her favorite characters and mentioned me by name in her statement? I don't' know where to begin.

"How do I respond? It doesn't get any better than that. If I'm ever down, I'm just going to remember, Madonna knows who you are."

The cast and crew didn't even want to think of what would have happened if Madonna didn't approve. "If she didn't like it, I don't what would have happened," Kevin McHale said. "I think [show cocreator] Ryan Murphy would have gone into a dark room and never come out," he laughed. "Thank god that she likes it."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b176946_glees_chris_colfer_madonna_knows_who_i.html#ixzz0lYnTNiSh