"Glee": The Power of Madonna (All-Madonna Episode)

thebigham

Guest dicktracy

Glee has already won over the heart of millions of watchers. But the Fox hit TV show has just given us reason to really get into the groove. Rumor has it there’s going to be an upcoming episode of Glee totally dedicated to the ultimate Queen of Pop, Madonna!

Her highness has just given the show the rights to her entire catalogue of songs, and according to Entertainment Weekly, an all-Madonna episode in now in the works for next year.

That should be reason enough for all of you who are still not tuning in! There’s no word yet on which tracks the cast will tackle. And with a catalogue like Madge’s, we don’t know how they could pick!

This is just the beginning of big-name artists collaborating with the show. Apparently, Glee has a lot of upcoming tricks up their sleeve! Check out Popeater to vote on what you think of the Glee-Madonna mashup.

Guest dicktracy

Madonna Donates Her Hits To "Glee"

By Wynter Mitchell | Friday, October 23, 2009 2:00 PM ET

http://www.tonic.com/article/madonna-donates-her-hits-to-glee/

Fresh off of releasing her compilation Celebration, Madonna is still in a festive mood. According to Entertainment Weekly, the Queen of Pop has given the rights to her catalog to Fox's fall hit Glee. The show from Nip/Tuck producer Ryan Murphy has already been growing a dedicated base of viewers and followers — and for good reason. If you have not seen their rendition of "Single Ladies," its like Footloose meets Friday Night Lights.

You know you're doing something right when Madonna sits up and takes notice! Glee is planning an all-Madonna-music episode for early 2010. I must admit I did a jig when I read this fabulous news.

Maybe she'd just rather hear covers at this point. Madge has admitted that she gets sick of her own songs. She told The Sun last week that she hates when stores or clubs play her songs just because she's entered the building. "For some reason people think ... that you want to hear one of your own songs. It's usually 'Like A Virgin' — and that is the one I don't want to hear."

Considering that she is one-third of a trifecta of amazing icons that make up the soundtrack of my life (Prince/Madge/Michael Jackson), I clutched my pearls upon reading that. Madge, it's your fault your prolific!

Ok, so since they've got carte-blanche into the archives of this living musical legend, which songs would you want them to cover?

My picks of songs that remind me the most of high school courtesy of Mrs. Ciccone Penn Ritchie:

5. "Burning Up"

4. "Who's That Girl?"

3. "Express Yourself"

2. "Secret"

1. "Don't Tell Me..."

*Honorable Mention: "What It Feels Like For A Girl"

What's your perfect Glee cover list for the Madonna episode?

Guest dicktracy

Madonna grants rights to her entire catalog to 'Glee'

October 21, 2009 | 2:29 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/10/madonna-grants-rights-to-her-entire-catalog-to-glee.html

Today, the NY Post questioned whether there was such a thing as too much "Glee."

At the rate news about the show is devoured, the answer is not yet. The latest? EW.com reports that pop music's leading lady, Madonna, has granted "Glee" rights to her entire catalog.

Creator Ryan Murphy teases that an all-Madonna episode is in the works for next year.

And that's not all. Apparently, Murphy is trying to get "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert to guest star on the show. Next year, "Glee" will be paired with "Idol" on Wednesday nights.

What Madonna songs are we sure to hear? Will Coach Sue get down with \a little "Erotica"? Is Rachel in line to sing "Like A Prayer" to Finn? Weigh in below.

Guest dicktracy

Audience Participation: Madonna Opens Her Catalog to "Glee", But Who Should Sing What?

by Ed Kennedy

October 23, 2009

The Queen of Pop invades high school.Hide the children!

http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2009/10/glee/madonna-speculation

So the latest news to leak out of Entertainment Weekly’s upcoming Glee issue is that Madonna has granted Ryan Murphy’s baby full rights to use anything in her catalog for the show. And that the show plans on producing a full blown Madge episode.

I’ll wait for a minute while some of you finish squealing. Done? Because the rest of the class wants to hear the rest of the story, and I figure you do, too.

So we were just looking at the Material Girl’s catalog, and it includes a huge amount of content from over the years. There’s a sound for just about everyone, and the topics range from sex (Erotica) to politics (American Life). So we got to thinking about what song would be perfect for what character to sing in the all-Madonna episode.

I will have my revenge.

That’s when the fighting started. And the hair pulling. And the wet willies, which snicks is awfully adept with. Pretty soon things in the newsroom had escalated to purple nurples and the Flying Monkeys were called in to settle everything down before we had to call for paramedics. After all, we wouldn’t want to be dropped from our health insurance carrier over an atomic wedgie.

So we're going to let you guys decide. I’m going to list out Glee's primary cast, and what we think they should sing from Madonna’s extensive song list. Your job, in the comments, is to make a case for our choices, or if you have a better idea, one of your own.

Then the wise simians that live upstairs (I love that I get to call my boss a monkey and he can't complain!) will choose the best, and we’ll put up a post with them, maybe with some creative illustrations where possible.

Sound fun? Great, let’s move to our first cast members…

3. "Express Yourself"

*Honorable Mention: "What It Feels Like For A Girl"

Total 'mo that I am, I was thinking yesterday about which songs they could do on Glee. Apart from the highly obvious "Papa Don't Preach," the above two were also on my list.

I also thought "Open Your Heart" and "Sorry" would fit well, based on the current storylines.

Thanks for posting all of those articles, Dick!

Guest groovyguy

The episode of "Glee <http://www.fox.com/glee>" featuring Madonna's music will not air until sometime next year, but apparently that isn't keeping the show's stars from talking about their level of excitement over it. A few of the show's stars recently spoke to E! <http://www.eonline.com/> about the move, and also had a few suggestions for potential songs. Kevin McHale, who plays Artie (and is not the famous basketball legend of the same name) said that he would like to fashion-forward Kurt sing "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" from Evita <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116250/>; Jenna Ushkowitz, who plays Tina, said that she would like to do "Frozen" and could easily see Mercedes belting out one of Madonna's hits without a problem.

The "Glee" cast is currently flying high, as they will perform during the World Series in addition to having several songs frequently appear in the Billboard Hot 100 <http://www.billboard.com/>. The show itself is on a brief hiatus until November 11, when we will bare witness to an episode all about Artie.

Source: www.madonnasworld.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The MadonnaTribe News team has just heard some fantastic news about the upcoming all-Madonna episode on GLEE.

The songs that will be featured on the show include:

Borderline

Open Your Heart

Burning Up

4 Minutes

Crazy For You

Like A Virgin

Like A Prayer

What It Feels Like For A Girl

Vogue

Express Yourself

The MadonnaTribe News team has just heard some fantastic news about the upcoming all-Madonna episode on GLEE.

The songs that will be featured on the show include:

Borderline

Open Your Heart

Burning Up

4 Minutes

Crazy For You

Like A Virgin

Like A Prayer

What It Feels Like For A Girl

Vogue

Express Yourself

No Erotica????

Never watched the show. It's like how do you say it in British? No'ma cupa tea.

But I will watch this episode. Umm, I wonder if it will help the GH. Would be interesting to see how many copies it sells that week. I doubt it would have a massive effect.

Guest dicktracy

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/01/the-last-word-with-glees-jane-lynch/

The Last Word with Glee’s Jane Lynch

January 1st, 2010 11:28 am / Author: OK! Staff

Glee’s tough-talking Coach Sue, Jane Lynch, chatted with OK! recently and revealed what YouTube videos is the cast’s new favorite and shared the last thing that made her laugh...

Last Song I Downloaded:

Madonna’s “Vogue.” I’ve been kind of up on Madonna these days. I grew up in the ’80s, so she provided the soundtrack to my life. I think my favorite song is “Crazy For You.” It’s got such an aching and a longing to it; I know we’re doing that song in the Madonna episode [on Glee].

Never watched the show. It's like how do you say it in British? No'ma cupa tea.

But I will watch this episode. Umm, I wonder if it will help the GH. Would be interesting to see how many copies it sells that week. I doubt it would have a massive effect.

I have a feeling this will be a Shanghai Surprise for me. I start out the first 30 seconds and try to make it through, but give up by the first minute mark. Sounds god awful.

Guest nothingfails0603

I can see Kurt doing Vogue easily.

I don't get the hate for Glee though, it's such campy light-hearted fun. Nothing else on TV like it.

Guest bruinboy222

I can see Kurt doing Vogue easily.

I don't get the hate for Glee though, it's such campy light-hearted fun. Nothing else on TV like it.

can't wait for Kurt's version...glad to know that his request for the song was fulfilled. i think he'll do a great job!

i agree...it's just a feel good kind of show.

Guest jamesshot

This is great PR for Madonna.

As far as it making an impact on sales of Celebration that will depend on the CD getting acknowledged at the end. I imagine it would see a big spike then. If not, it will have an impact just much less. The individual songs will see huge spikes on Youtube and I-tunes.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

She could nab a few extra sales on the GH with this episode. SO MANY poofs watch Glee, they'll all go pick up their Madonna hits after watching it :D