"Glee": The Power of Madonna (All-Madonna Episode)

thebigham

When teasing the segment, Mary Hart said "Glee" was taking on "the biggest pop icon in the world." You got that right, Legs.

Lesbi, the Madge episode airs next Tuesday. Looks like the "Vogue" clip will air/be previewed at the end of /tomorrow's episode.

"Power of Love" ???????

And saying M was before her time?????? She was born in 86. Did she start listening to music yesterday?

What she probably meant was that she wasn't that into madonna growing up. I mean if she was born in 86, she would have been 10 when madonna came out with evita, 12 for ray of light, when music dropped she would have been 14 and 16-17 when american life came out. And trust me, M did not gain any new fans with that album, especially 16 year old girls.

Matthew Morrison said he is not a Madonna fan. Fuck that fucker! :)

He's just probably trying to shield himself from any gay rumors by denying he's a fan.

Have you read his comment?

– Matthew Morrison recalls: “I wasn’t a big fan of Madonna; never got into it. As a heterosexual guy, she didn’t have much impact on my life.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/04/12/glee-madonna-tv-guide/#ixzz0l1JBFNGq

Guest jamesshot

What she probably meant was that she wasn't that into madonna growing up. I mean if she was born in 86, she would have been 10 when madonna came out with evita, 12 for ray of light, when music dropped she would have been 14 and 16-17 when american life came out. And trust me, M did not gain any new fans with that album, especially 16 year old girls.

Well, Ray of Light was pretty huge and Music was bigger with the kids. I was in college and most kids I knew in my neighborhood from elementary to college were very into Madonna during Ray of Light and especially Music.

Guest jamesshot

Have you read his comment?

– Matthew Morrison recalls: “I wasn’t a big fan of Madonna; never got into it. As a heterosexual guy, she didn’t have much impact on my life.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/04/12/glee-madonna-tv-guide/#ixzz0l1JBFNGq

Oh puhleeeeze. He is sooo freakin gay. And he sadly perpetuates the stereotype that only gay men or straight women can like Madonna. In fact, that is why so many men never cop to being huge fans of female singers( esp the more pop they are). They fear the "gay" label.

Sue's "Vogue" was so faithful to the original Fincher video (albeit in edit form -- directly from first chorus to third verse). Kurt was Donna and Mercedes was Niki -- haha! So good.

I am feeling like this parody/tribute to "Vogue" may just be like Beyonce's "Single Ladies" moment on SNL with Justin Timberlake and Adam Samberg (? think that's his name -- or Andy? -- whatever)... Hope it will just help build attention for her. (I know Madonna's song is 20 years old vs. Beyonce's being only a few months old or whatever, but still... it can only do good things for Madonna.)

I loved the two little line changes -- "Sue Sylvester / Dance on air" and "Will Schuester / I hate you!" (And Kurt's little alarmed look at Mercedes at that moment! Haha! So funny -- like, "She's going off script!")

The words GLEE MADONNA and VOGUE are literally all over my news feed on facebook right now!! LOL I guess that's who every gay's profile in the US is right now.

It was fun-ish. Sue is a trip and of course I love Madonna and the song. I'm not into the show so I didn't get the same thrill that someone with something invested in the characters would.

I'm actually tripping over the giveaway that they used the Celebration DVD as a reference which serves as a great if minor example of why the errors in that project are so frustrating.

In replicating the video, the Glee version includes a quick flash of black near the beginning as the bass line kicks in. This was actually a glitch on the Celebration DVD (the picture drops out at that moment) and was not part of the actual video.

Anyway, looking forward to the episode to see how they pay tribute to Madonna. :thumbsup:

Guest Not4Pussies

saw 'glee' for the first time

its ok, the musical numbers are not my cup of tea

but it does have some funny one liners

the vogue homage was great

and the madonna episode looks really funny