"Glee": The Power of Madonna (All-Madonna Episode)

thebigham

That's Jane Lynch singing "Vogue" I gather?

Madonna songs will be taking over U.S. iTunes. :doofus: (unless the EP gets more sales- in the past, the tracks had been available before the album, so this is a different case)

Not sure if this was posted. Entertainment Weekly has an article titled "The Return of Glee: 5 reasons We're Excited." Their #1 reason?

ONE WORD: MADONNA

EW first broke news of the Madge-themed episode last fall, and now it's become a reality (airing April 20). "I have to say that the Madonna episode is the best hour of television I've ever seen in my life," says Lea Michele, whose Rachel duets with Cory Monteith's Finn on a mash-up of "Borderline" and "Open Your Heart." Mercedes (Amber Riley) and Kurt Colfer handle Madonna and Justin Timberlake's "4 Minutes" and also assist Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) in an almost scene-by-scene remake of the video for "Vogue." Plus, look for Glee versions of "Express Yourself" and "Like a Virgin." And how does all this Madonna magic fit into Glee's mythology? Simple: The Material Girl is Sue's idol. Speaking of that tracksuit-wearing tyrant...

(it then goes into the #2 reason, TWO MORE WORDS: SUE SYLVESTER)

on the TVguide footage the girl that does like a Virgin said that her fav Madonna song is : "The power of love" mmmmmm I think Celine Dion has a song with that name! ahahahahhaah

Maybe she meant "The Power of Good-Bye"?

(BTW- "The Power of Love" originally was a Jennifer Rush recording- and then Laura Branigan did it,and then Celine Dion)

lol yes I know ...I though she was funny talking to the camera and mess up the power of Goodbye ....

NEXT WEEK CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH!!

I don't watch Glee but I'll make an exception for this episode. I know I'm gonna orgasm so hard when I watch it :dramatic:

I may watch half an hour or so tomorrow, but I'll be watching "V" from 10-11. I was not a regular "Glee" viewer before, but we'll see if the Madge episode pushes me to watch it again.

Love them! 4 Minutes sounds great (but why is Kurt singing Madonna's part?), so do LAP and LAV. The only one i'm meh about is WIFLFAG, because it sounds very flat and it being sung by boys kinda kills the message of the song.

^It's a psuedo high school glee club- were you expecting the second coming of Her Madgesty? :vogue:

Exactly. Madonna fans should enjoy this serge of interest in her. I agree, nothing compares to the original songs, but if all goes well, we'll see a few weeks of increased sales from her back catalog if not the current Greatest Hits. If Warners played it smart, they'd be pushing the CELEBRATION GH'S to the hilt these couple of weeks. Good time to sell some CDs.

Exactly. Madonna fans should enjoy this serge of interest in her. I agree, nothing compares to the original songs, but if all goes well, we'll see a few weeks of increased sales from her back catalog if not the current Greatest Hits. If Warners played it smart, they'd be pushing the CELEBRATION GH'S to the hilt these couple of weeks. Good time to sell some CDs.

This is one of the best tribute to her!

I like the fact that they really seem excited about this, that they even did this Madonna themed photo shoot.

on the TVguide footage the girl that does like a Virgin said that her fav Madonna song is : "The power of love"

Maybe she meant "The Power of Good-Bye"?

Or perhaps she was referring to 1991's international top ten smash hit "Rescue Me". :wow::headbang:

Ha Maybe a 10% chance of that one. :)

I don't get some of the off-color reactions to the songs, either- "Glee" is a campy show. Based on all the other songs the cast has sung, I would think that people knew before hearing a note how the Madonna tracks would come off.

I wouldn't count on WB to invest in any advertising, though- seems like only the UK gets well-placed TV spots every now and then (where ads seem to have more impact, anyhow).

Guest jamesshot

Matthew Morrison said he is not a Madonna fan. Fuck that fucker! :)

He's just probably trying to shield himself from any gay rumors by denying he's a fan.

Lea Michelle, though, said he is a huge Madonna fan and loves singing her songs.