ROLLING STONE (USA): October 29th Cover

Guest Damaris

Guest Danny86

Btw, she also slagged Into The Groove years ago, saying almost the exact same thing in the Details(?) 1994 interview. I thought she had re-embraced it.

I don't think she ever actually re-embraced any of these songs. She just learned to accept that concert-goers want to hear these songs and she knows they give big crowd response, so she constantly reinvents them to make them somewhat interesting for herself. She's most likely "over" 90% of her hits at this point.

She was also demeaning of Vogue in the VH1 interview to promote STR.

The big surprise is that she feels retarded singing something as recent as Sorry - I've always viewed it as a typical Madonna 'girl power' song of the kind that she wrote long before those talentless wannnabes claimed the term.

Would love to have seen the black faced Madonna. Guess it was a good idea they pulled the plug on it though as none of the songs on Hard Candy refer to any inter-racial issues.

agclef- thanks. Regarding other stuff, I meant, aside from the actual interview and pictures- did RS post anything about what it thought were her finest music moments, or anything like that? 8 pages is a lot just for that article (it's not THAT long) and pics.

These were shot by Klein. I assume that what he shot with M is quite similar to these.

I find those shots rather fascinating.

500x_ls_galliano.jpg

500x_ls_blonde_wig.jpg

500x_ls_feathers.jpg

500x_ls_white_paint.jpg

I'm sure the first thing that came to mind in her head was The Black Madonna from the medieval era paintings and frescoes. But she also loves double entendres so I could see her trying to do something pretty provocative yet inventive.

However, coming off of adopting an African baby boy and courting American audiences with an R&B-flavored album of black producers...that could have been the epic fail of her career. I can imagine American audiences not getting the idea and seeing it more like Madge doing her best Al Jolsen impression. :lol:

As always I loved hearing about her early days in New York, and the fact that boy toy was her street tag! Who knew?!

Why does it seem that everyone (including Austin Scaggs) are treating this as a major revelation? She told Mark Goodman that "Boy Toy" was her tag name on MTV way the fuck back in 1984 ("Borderline" era):

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Cut to 4:10.

Guest Pud Whacker

nice interview wish she talked more about the kids

if she talked more about the kids, the fans would want her to talk more about the music, if she talked about the music, people would want her to talk more about the early days, if she talked more about the early days people would want her to talk more about like a prayer, if she talked about like a prayer people would want her to talk more about ray of light, if she talked about ray of light people would want her to talk more about blond ambition, if she talked about blond ambition people would want her to talk more about....

catch my drift? :rotfl:

Why does it seem that everyone (including Austin Scaggs) are treating this as a major revelation? She told Mark Goodman that "Boy Toy" was her tag name on MTV way the fuck back in 1984 ("Borderline" era):

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Cut to 4:10.

Well it's news to me, or perhaps I forgot.....since it's been 25 years since 1984. Not all of us are walking encyclopedias of useless Madonna trivia.

Just goes to show how out of touch she really is :rotfl:

Sorry was a worldwide big hit, one of her biggest hits this decade.

The only one who is out of touch is a person who spend this much time on a site dedicated to someone he doesn't even like just to bitch around.

Guest SuperBriGuy

if she talked more about the kids, the fans would want her to talk more about the music, if she talked about the music, people would want her to talk more about the early days, if she talked more about the early days people would want her to talk more about like a prayer, if she talked about like a prayer people would want her to talk more about ray of light, if she talked about ray of light people would want her to talk more about blond ambition, if she talked about blond ambition people would want her to talk more about....

catch my drift? :rotfl:

:lol: There's just too much to cover to make everyone happy. That's why I love her.

Guest Hot Revolver

In a shock revelation, pop megastar Madonna said her busy work schedule stopped her from killing herself after her divorce from UK film director Guy Ritchie last year.

Madonna has just returned from a gruelling world tour that was fraught with complications.

Of last year, the 51-year-old said: "It was a challenging year. I may have thrown myself off a building. I think work saved me. I'm very grateful I had work."

Madonna and retirement seem like two opposites: she is seen keeping the same showbiz pace she did 25 years earlier. She indicated her lifestyle had been clean up to that point, telling Rolling Stone she did not have her first drink until she was 30.

She also now has a new companion in Jesus Luz, a much younger man with whom she is said to be getting serious.

In another revelation, Madonna let it be known Eminem refused her proposal that they work together. "Maybe he's shy," she said.

http://www.sawfnews.com/Gossip/60794.aspx

Right.. :lmao:

'I considered throwing myself off a building during my divorce,' reveals Madonna

article-0-06A66A66000005DC-898_233x566.jpg

She may have a tough exterior but Madonna has admitted she took a real blow during her divorced from director Guy Ritchie last year.

The 51-year-old revealed she was distracted only by her work, which included a gruelling world tour.

'It was a challenging year,' she says. 'I may have thrown myself off a building. I think work saved me and I'm very grateful that I had work to do.'

As well as her Sticky and Sweet tour, the 51-year-old singer teamed up with Justin Timberlake for her hit 4 Minutes and worked with Lil Wayne on her new song, Revolver.

But she revealed she was rejected when she tried to work with another music icon, Eminem.

'I wanted to work with him,' she told Rolling Stone magazine. 'But he didn't want to work with me. Maybe he's shy.'

She also took a side-swipe at Sir Paul McCartney for his laid-back approach to concerts.

'People have told me, "You could just go out there and play guitar and sing your songs like like Paul McCartney," but I'd be bored,' she went on.

'Most of the joy of the shows is the magic of creating them – theatre. I'm a perfectionist. I like hard work. I like to sweat.'

She recalled she developed a tough attitude when nude photographs of her emerged early in her career – but insisted she was not as wild as her image.

'That was the first time I was aware of saying f*** you with my attitude,' she said of her response to the pictures.

'I wasn't going to apologise for anything I've done.'

But she said that despite her risqué image she was actually quite different.

'I didn't really have my first drink until I got divorced the first time, from Sean Penn, when I was 30. I was kind of a geek in high school.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1220650/Madonna-I-considered-throwing-building-divorce.html#ixzz0U73pheOS

Guest Not4Pussies

she has been having this suicidal thoughts lately

she wants to jump off a building

she'll rather get hit by a train

lol

*sarcasm*

dont get mad loons

Guest Hot Revolver

Oh please, she was joking. Makes sense that the press would blow it out of proportion though. Look at me talking about the 'press'.

Sweet Geez, i know she was joking i was a laughing at the article for god's sake

my wish list for interview questions:

1. what songs almost made the final cut on celebration and which songs didn't?

2. does she feel her mtv's have become less iconic (i.e. crappy) in the last few years?

3. how does she feel about declining radio play in the states as opposed to the rest of the world?

4. the reinvention and blonde ambition tour releases!!!

5. will the american life video ever get a release?

6. how she came to write and sing celebration and revolver for this new album

1. did she really have much to do at all with that? i mean she went on one interview saying the DVD has ALL her videos and she didn't seem to talk much about selection... i don't know but if i had to guess i'd say it was all management with the help of twitter or whatever other avenue that let them omit ballads and add miles away as "34 songs that changed the world."

2. i myself wonder if she'll ever do a video like ROL or LAP again... conflicting things that I hear all the time are videos are dead / who plays videos / no money in them thanks to youtube / videos can make or break a song

3. it'd be funny if she even notices airplay... i looked at the billboard #1's, it's so sad music is the last time she was at the top of the top. anything since then (die another day? hung up? 4 minutes) breach billboard top 10?

4. maybe it's cause i didn't become a fan until after ROL and really go back to only the BS era, but is it like every other tour BUT those two got released or something? both of those seem to be so desired around here...

5. would be nice to see that video... but i suppose that the less that's said about the soy latte rap song the better (for the mainstream)

6. ok, since when did she write revolver? lol i'm still wondering how she got any credit whatsoever for that song... how it was sent to her / she picked it might be nice to hear of though

Guest Pud Whacker

my wish list for interview questions:

2. does she feel her mtv's have become less iconic (i.e. crappy) in the last few years?

3. how does she feel about declining radio play in the states as opposed to the rest of the world?

the songs that are on the compilation made it and the ones that arent didnt.

other things to worry about than videos. have you seen my body of work? everyones eating my dust, STILL.

the money keeps rolling in, you dont ask how....

oh, theyre all over my fan sites. in fact, didnt i do an HBO telecast for BLOND AMBITION? i cant remember when i was young....

isnt it on youtube? even the HQ directors cut? i thought people made their own dvd's these days. my children do. mercys a wizard!!!

ive been working with and around paul since 1984. since i was on tour and he was opening, we just worked through some songs like i did in the ol' days.

:rotfl:

Guest Hot Revolver

the songs that are on the compilation made it and the ones that arent didnt.

other things to worry about than videos. have you seen my body of work? everyones eating my dust, STILL.

the money keeps rolling in, you dont ask how....

oh, theyre all over my fan sites. in fact, didnt i do an HBO telecast for BLOND AMBITION? i cant remember when i was young....

isnt it on youtube? even the HQ directors cut? i thought people made their own dvd's these days. my children do. mercys a wizard!!!

ive been working with and around paul since 1984. since i was on tour and he was opening, we just worked through some songs like i did in the ol' days.

:rotfl:

OMG thats so funny, im dieing here :lmao:

I'm so relieved Eminem blew her out. There's is nothing about his music I would want M to play with.

I'd wish she'd stop bothering the rap types. They add nothing to her music! Would Hard Candy have suffered without Kanye West's rap? Nooooo! Little Wayne? Who cares!