ROLLING STONE (USA): October 29th Cover

Guest Damaris

Guest Danny86

4010501552_29c3e63d15.jpg

On Fanzine they transcribed a snippet:

"I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like "Cherish" and "Sorry", a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits. "Into the Groove" is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it."

CONTROVERSIAL! :dramatic:

Guest Danny86

Another controversial quote:

"I always go "OK who's making music that I like right now?" I really, genuinely like the music of Timbaland and Justin. Justin is a brilliant songwriter. I mean "What Goes Around ... Comes Around"? Brilliant. I thought it would be a challenge to work with him."

The Interview I always wanted!!!

THIS IS PROMO.

I'm more exited 'bout this than the actual Celebration.

:lmao: @ Sorry making her feel retarded..why make things worse then by making a video like that. :fag:

On Fanzine they transcribed a snippet:

"I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like "Cherish" and "Sorry", a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits. "Into the Groove" is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it."

CONTROVERSIAL! :dramatic:

Just goes to show how out of touch she really is :rotfl:

very good interview....

i'm surprised she mentioned Shep and Stephen Bray (going so far as to say thank you!) maybe...she might work with him again?

Some parts were really interesting.....and sometimes you could feel how vulnerable she can seem.........

all in all........

MADONNA i love you......geeky and all.

Guest Danny86

I think we can pretty much start preparing for MATM part 2. :p

You and Lourdes, who is now 12, went to a Lady Gaga show together in New York. Do the two of you go to a lot of shows?

We've just started. We like the same music. I think Lady Gaga is great. When we saw her, I actually felt like a kind of recognition. I thought, "She's got something." There's something quirky about her. She's fearless and funny, and when we she spoke to the audience, she sounded intelligent and clever. She's unique.

Can you sense an artist's ambition?

Yes. There's people like Justin Timberlake, who's really good-looking and laid-back. He's sort of a Cary Grant. I love him, I love working with him, but I don't recognize myself in him. But I can see myself in Lady Gaga. In the early part of my career for sure. When I saw her, she didn't have a lot of money for her production, she's got holes in her fishnets, and there's mistakes everywhere. It was kind of a mess, but I can see that she's got that It factor. It's nice to see that at a raw stage.

Another controversial quote:

"I always go "OK who's making music that I like right now?" I really, genuinely like the music of Timbaland and Justin. Justin is a brilliant songwriter. I mean "What Goes Around ... Comes Around"? Brilliant. I thought it would be a challenge to work with him."

DEFENDING it ALREADY? She must be aware it didnt exactly go down a STORM.

with an old picture from the True Blue era. Interview is great, they talk a lot about her older songs and albums. She said she recoginzes herself in Lady Gaga. And Eminem turned down working with Madonna. She feels retarded singing songs like Sorry, Into The Groove and Cherish.

For Hard Candy, she had a photoshoot with Steven Klein where she painted her face in black and she wanted to call the album "Black Madonna" (so the rumours were true). But Guy Oseary was against it, so she changed her mind.

with an old picture from the True Blue era. Interview is great, they talk a lot about her older songs and albums. She said she recoginzes herself in Lady Gaga. And Eminem turned down working with Madonna. She feels retarded singing songs like Sorry, Into The Groove and Cherish.

For Hard Candy, she had a photoshoot with Steven Klein where she painted her face in black and she wanted to call the album "Black Madonna" (so the rumours were true). But Guy Oseary was against it, so she changed her mind.

Well...at least he's done one thing right in the last few years.

That would have been the end of her.

Guest Danny86

Well...at least he's done one thing right in the last few years.

That would have been the end of her.

How so? I think it could have gained some more attention to it.

About the albums, COADF - last album, HC - current album, duh. She was still on tour during this, this is almost 2 months old.

How so? I think it could have gained some more attention to it.

About the albums, COADF - last album, HC - current album, duh. She was still on tour during this, this is almost 2 months old.

Well it would have been the end of her in the U.S., anyway (to an even greater degree).

Blackface makeup has some pretty severe racist undertones in the US. I guess the rest of the world might be indifferent (but I'm not convinced of that).

Yeah!!! I want this shit now!!!

"Into the Groove" is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it."

And yet it remains her top played oldie song in the US. :lol: Into the Groove is classic and a half.

everything. what i wanted and more. she never has to do another photo shoot as long as she lives. perfection.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Best time in her career, white-hot, MOST favorite photographer for her, truly ICONIC - loved the idea, the pose and everything.

that was a cool interview!

no michael jackson

no malawi

no children's books

very little kaballah

all music!!!

FINALLY, 'cause to me that's what it's ALWAYS been about, everything else has always been extra to me, my ONLY concern has been the music!