Madonna's 12th studio album: David Guetta Confirmed

Guest hot revolver

Guest Danny86

"Signatune" is the typical Eurodance sound, it would be nothing new for her.

This one kinda reminds of the Stuart Paper Faces remixes, but the thing is, Stuart had a lot of not-so-pop stuff in the past but COADF was still made into a pop/dance album with a lot of late 70s/early 80s so I guess listening to such tracks won't give us a picture of a new M album, because she will make it more accessible and pop:

all these rumours are so exciting!

i really think she might have wanted to go down the gypsy romany direction but gaga snatched that up with the intro to bad romance and people would definitely say that madonna was copying even thought she had them perform live with her

i think she knows she has to really produce a hot, sick sound for the next album or she's going to lose a bunch more diehard fans....she needs to stay away from what is super popular now and i think she plans on it. i hope the lead single is the only fluff on the album to draw people in and then she hits us with some amazing lyrics and some dark, nasty beats and themes...she's living the life right now...back in new york...back to where she belongs and i'm sure it will rub off on her...

i can't wait!!!! inbetween albums is such an exciting time to be a madonna fan for sure and i'm glad she's not waiting and taking a break. she sounds like she's kind of inspired....yay!

Guest Danny86

I really doubt her or the management are concerned about the diehard fans at this point, especially because to them the diehards are those who are in front row at her shows, attend several ones, appear on Guy's twitter pix etc, they know those will never abandon her, and not those who dissect her every move on the internet. Both HU and 4M became huge because they reached out to the masses, most likely they will try to do that again. She never ever went to find a sound to please those who've been with her for so long.

Don't wanna start a new thread

But In New Album related news I Just got word that Warner Brothers is putting out a Remix album/project of Madonna's catalogue.

It's in pre production now, no word yet on how many tracks or which ones will be chosen.

And I don't know if Madonna is involved or Warners is doing it on their own. Stay Tuned!

I wonder if this is related to those remixed classic tracks ("Holiday", etc.) that MTRIBE reported about earlier this fall?

Guest Danny86

Apparently A-Trak is Kanye West's personal DJ so it's possible he got on Madonna's radar because of that.

In 2004 Kanye West recruited him as his personal tour DJ, and he has worked closely with him ever since, including performances alongside the US rapper at MTV specials, the Grammy Awards, multiple MTV Video Music Awards, and worldwide stadium shows. A-Trak also recorded scratches on Kanye Wests second and third studio albums Late Registration in 2005 and Graduation in 2007, and was an influence on the overall sound of the latter.

Hmmm more French disco shyt does on the surface sound a little dated and "been there, done that", but looks like a big step up from Guetta nonetheless.

I don't know anything at all about these guys - and I won't be listening to them either till they work with Madonna, cause it can be a spoiler of sorts - but interesting. I'll wait till it's confirmed and I hear it, heck even Guetta should be alright really.

I would've picked Dimitri From Paris for a French disco act (does he produce artists?), but these guys sound intriguing.

all these rumours are so exciting!

i really think she might have wanted to go down the gypsy romany direction but gaga snatched that up with the intro to bad romance and people would definitely say that madonna was copying even thought she had them perform live with her

i think she knows she has to really produce a hot, sick sound for the next album or she's going to lose a bunch more diehard fans....she needs to stay away from what is super popular now and i think she plans on it. i hope the lead single is the only fluff on the album to draw people in and then she hits us with some amazing lyrics and some dark, nasty beats and themes...she's living the life right now...back in new york...back to where she belongs and i'm sure it will rub off on her...

i can't wait!!!! inbetween albums is such an exciting time to be a madonna fan for sure and i'm glad she's not waiting and taking a break. she sounds like she's kind of inspired....yay!

Do you think she's lost any fans recently.....I don't think she's worried about anything right now.....I mean she's been so successfull in everything

she's done in the past ten years (30 years into her career). I don't get fans worrying about Madonna loosing her appeal or more ridicuolously loosing fans

I wouldn't say that someone aged 51 who finished a tour 4 months ago, having performed to 3,5m people in 32 countries is in any danger of losing

anything.....same goes for record sales. Her last studio album sales figure is in the same range as the best selling albums of 2008-2009

so I don't see what many fans and people here complain about all the time

or perhaps some truly think she feels threatened by Lady Gaga :rotfl:

Do you think she's lost any fans recently.....I don't think she's worried about anything right now.....I mean she's been so successfull in everything

she's done in the past ten years (30 years into her career). I don't get fans worrying about Madonna loosing her appeal or more ridicuolously loosing fans

I wouldn't say that someone aged 51 who finished a tour 4 months ago, having performed to 3,5m people in 32 countries is in any danger of losing

anything.....same goes for record sales. Her last studio album sales figure is in the same range as the best selling albums of 2008-2009

so I don't see what many fans and people here complain about all the time

or perhaps some truly think she feels threatened by Lady Gaga :rotfl:

:thumbsup:

Guest Danny86

A-Trak posted more on Twitter:

@xavier69 hahah I'm not doing the record it was just a joke that my friend made in an interview.

@xavier69 well if she approaches us I'm sure we'll be open to it.

i just don't want another Hard Candy album that's all...and i know a lot of diehard fans that were really disappointed with her last output myself included. there are certainly songs that shine brighter than the rest on Hard Candy but it just felt so extra forced from her but i have already made the possible conclusion that it was done just to fulfill a contract and wanted to say goodbye to warner bros on a positive note.

there's enough amazing music out there for me to listen to without worrying about whether madonna's will be amazing as well but i prefer her when she's darker and deeper and her sound has an edge to it

she should get deee-lite to produce her next album haha they always had a mix of promising upbeat tunes to dark club stompers

Lol all these rumours are just confusing. I'll believe them when I see them manifest as reality. I'm so uneducated about these people (Mehdi, Guetta, A-Trak) and anyway I'm not too worried about her next album - the last 3 all made it into my top 5 faves. I'm just curious to hear what she comes up with next.

Guest Danny86

i just don't want another Hard Candy album that's all...and i know a lot of diehard fans that were really disappointed with her last output myself included. there are certainly songs that shine brighter than the rest on Hard Candy but it just felt so extra forced from her but i have already made the possible conclusion that it was done just to fulfill a contract and wanted to say goodbye to warner bros on a positive note.

Nobody ever mentioned Madonna going back to the studio with the same people as 2007 so don't know why anyone would worry about getting another HC. And just because you and some other fans didn't like it, it's not like Madonna has to worry and try to impress you this time around. Even if none of her online fans liked the next record, it still wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. LN and her management are aiming for the big numbers and they couldn't care less if some longtime fans won't feel her anymore. Same reason why Madonna won't be singing obscure album tracks and forgotten singles on tours, that's not what her general audience wants.

Same reason why Madonna won't be singing obscure album tracks and forgotten singles on tours, that's not what her general audience wants.

What about her singing Drowned World and Paradise (Not for Me) on the Confessions tour? Those are obscure album tracks and forgotten singles! Of course, she has to sing the hits that more casual fans know and her new songs, but that doesn't mean she can't fit in one or two more obscure things for the hard core fans. She has done that in the past. I don't think she should be dictated to by either obsessed online fans or by the general audience. One is a dead end commercially while the other is a dead end artistically. She has to find the balance between art and commerce which she has done so well in the past. I think with HC the balance tipped too far in the direction of pure commerce. But that doesn't mean I think she should do just obscure things no one knows or uncommercial music that is just about art. It's about the balance between the two.

Guest Danny86

While it's no LAV or ROL, "Drowned World" is on GHV2 so it doesn't count as an obscure album track. "Paradise" is the only exception apart from the Evita stuff when she went back to an old song that wasn't a popular single. She probably did it because it fit the confessional theme, it was prominent on IMGTTYAS or it was just a substitute to some AL track that was initially performed. On the same show she famously rediscovered AL and some other hits that were missing from RIT.

She can do this again, I have a feeling "Like It Or Not" will appear sometime, but it's still just 1 song out of 10 oldies, my point was that Madonna will end up repeating most of the hits she did in the 2000s and she won't be doing the flops and album tracks some fans have been wishing for years.

While it's no LAV or ROL, "Drowned World" is on GHV2 so it doesn't count as an obscure album track. "Paradise" is the only exception apart from the Evita stuff when she went back to an old song that wasn't a popular single. She probably did it because it fit the confessional theme, it was prominent on IMGTTYAS or it was just a substitute to some AL track that was initially performed.

Drowned World and Paradise are among her favorite of her own songs, and that's probably why she includes them.