Madonna's 12th studio album: David Guetta Confirmed

Guest hot revolver

Now I'm having a feeling that Madonna isn't even working on a new album yet. Have there been any photos of her coming out of/going into a music studio? Any pics of her and so-called collabs? (When HC was being produced we got some pics of her with JT and Timberland) I'm getting very skeptical about this. :manson:

Guest chatty kathy

I think MTV are taking that from rumours

Which totally sucks when I consider their news as a "reliable" source!

Didnt the Brendan O'Brien thing from from The Examiner? Since when did they become such a reliable source?? And o'Brien himself never confirmed it ( or did he?...)

And all these reliable sites and taking it as truth.

The one thing im believing in is Guetta. That's a given. I wouldnt be surprised if she were to work with Benny Benassi.

Guest Danny86
Too many conflicting sources!!!

There's no conflicting sources, Examiner made up the quote and every site took it because it's slow news day. A-Trak was not even contacted.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Didnt the Brendan O'Brien thing from from The Examiner? Since when did they become such a reliable source?? And o'Brien himself never confirmed it ( or did he?...)

And all these reliable sites and taking it as truth.

The one thing im believing in is Guetta. That's a given. I wouldnt be surprised if she were to work with Benny Benassi.

That would be great!

Guest Danny86

A-Trak tweets:

Whatever happened to journalistic integrity? This Madonna rumor made it to MTV and NME. Now I feel like I need to make this record... haha

:rotfl:

A-Trak tweets:

Whatever happened to journalistic integrity? This Madonna rumor made it to MTV and NME. Now I feel like I need to make this record... haha

Good. :bad: Now let him send some demo's to M's camp!

Now I'm having a feeling that Madonna isn't even working on a new album yet. Have there been any photos of her coming out of/going into a music studio? Any pics of her and so-called collabs? (When HC was being produced we got some pics of her with JT and Timberland) I'm getting very skeptical about this. manson.gif

i dont think shes recording just yet, preliminary planning....getting her ducks in a row.vogue.gif

Guest Danny86

A-Trak quashes Madonna rumours RT @atrak the fact is that there are no facts...All started from a joke my friend made in an interview.

about 1 hour ago from web

Truth is all relative! Give us the facts! :) RT @atrak @mtvnewscanada you guys don't fact-check? ;)

http://twitter.com/mtvnewscanada

A-Trak quashes Madonna rumours RT @atrak the fact is that there are no facts...All started from a joke my friend made in an interview.

Truth is all relative! Give us the facts! :) RT @atrak @mtvnewscanada you guys don't fact-check? ;)

http://twitter.com/mtvnewscanada

twitter is confusing, whos saying what?

Guest ursaminorjim

http://pitchfork.com/news/37525-a-trak-not-working-with-madonna/

This week, reports have been circulating that DJ, producer, and onetime Kanye West sideman A-Trak would contribute production to the next Madonna album. Speculation started when A-Trak's buddy DJ Mehdi dropped the bomb in an interview with Dummy, and it's since spread.

But in a new statement, A-Trak debunks the rumor, explaining that Mehdi was just kidding the whole time.

A-Trak says, "Those Madonna rumors started from a joke my boy DJ Mehdi made in an interview. Then it spread to Madonna fan-sites. Then the Daily Star fabricated a quote from me. Next thing you know it was on NME and MTV. I'm not opposed to the idea, but it's all fiction for now. By the way, DJ Mehdi is producing the next Britney record."

(DJ Mehdi is not producing the next Britney record.)

UPDATE: The quote the Daily Star used comes from an L.A. Times interview, and it is in reference to A-Trak's solo album, not Madonna's.

She is all present and all in charge when in the studio.

however, a fantastic lyric & catchy melody are useless without the perfect

music to fuel the song. ITS THE PRODUCER that creates the perfect sound/vibe, and

without him, the project is lost. Madonna realized very early on that the PRODUCER

is what makes the record great.

Whether her input is minimal or maximum, her musical insticts are razor sharp.

She has always made wise choices, even her "failures" are successful compared to

other standards.

Finally, someone I can agree with. The way she ditched Pat Leonard's original production of FROZEN/POWER OF GOODBYE/To Have.. and redid them with Orbit--the lady knows exactly what she doesn't want in her music. Even if she doesn't know which buttons to push, she knows how her songs should sound like, and is a true producer of her music.

On an off note, did anyone catch the Verizon pre-R&R Hall Of Fame interviews from last year? In one of them, Madonna suggests to Timbaland that they could autotune something (or something rather). Tim rolled his eyes, and in that moment, revealed what he thought of Madonna as a music producer. Loved it!

Guest gloriesbarcelona

watch yo mouf

:lol:

Sorry, I have to say it is something personal, can't stand it, electric guitars sound like nails down a blackboard to me, urgggg...

That said, I really don't think a rock sound would be the best move, I mean, the few attempts rock orientated were beyond awful :nocomment:

Not even mentioning Brendan O'Brien :confused:

Do we really want a Madonna's album that sounds like an old B. Springsteen's record?? :blink:

Sorry, I have to say it is something personal, can't stand it, electric guitars sound like nails down a blackboard to me, urgggg...

That said, I really don't think a rock sound would be the best move, I mean, the few attempts rock orientated were beyond awful :nocomment:

Do we really want a Madonna's album that sounds like an old B. Springsteen's record?? :blink:

Not everyone shares your view on M's rock endeavours. I am really impressed by her guitar-handling. DWT/S&ST Ray of Light rock performances are great! :bow:

I showed my brother, who is much into rock/metal/black metal, the rock version of Hung Up and M's guitar-raping and he was really in awe of her. I'm looking forward to more rock from Madonna. :thumbsup:

Finally, someone I can agree with. The way she ditched Pat Leonard's original production of FROZEN/POWER OF GOODBYE/To Have.. and redid them with Orbit--the lady knows exactly what she doesn't want in her music. Even if she doesn't know which buttons to push, she knows how her songs should sound like, and is a true producer of her music.

On an off note, did anyone catch the Verizon pre-R&R Hall Of Fame interviews from last year? In one of them, Madonna suggests to Timbaland that they could autotune something (or something rather). Tim rolled his eyes, and in that moment, revealed what he thought of Madonna as a music producer. Loved it!

I love Timbo, but it's not like he's above using autotune... :manson:

everyone has a different defination for "rock"

theres soooooooo many different types of rock music

i think we all know that Madonna would never do anything like Metallica or Bruce Springsteen

I'm so annoyed that the world latched onto the whole Mehdi/A trak thing. It's gone from being my ultimate desire to very unsavourable. I usually like the rumour periods, but so far this one is awful because it's just been such ridiculous gossip!

all those rumours are false. according to spinner, brendan o brien isnt working with madonna

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/13/producer-brendan-obrien-not-working-with-madonna/

looks like a flop record for her since david guetta is the one left. i certainly hope she doesnt repeat her celebration sound again.

all those rumours are false. according to spinner, brendan o brien isnt working with madonna (http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/13/producer-brendan-obrien-not-working-with-madonna/). looks like a flop record for her since david guetta is the one left. i certainly hope she doesnt repeat her celebration sound again.

Im under the impression now that she isnt even working on a new album and Guetta was only refer to that Celebration/Revolver remix.

Personally, I like the idea of her going in a more rockier direction. It's the only direction she hasn't really done much justice. She kind of dabbled with it on a few songs, but hasn't really properly done a whole album of guitar themed music. It's time that she did. I'm not overly keen on hearing her do the rap/hip hop thing though, leave that to Kayne. However, some more guitar based tracks and more straight forward melodic pop/alternative sounding songs could only bring out the best in her. You know, sweet, introspective songs, songs which concentrate on vocals and lyrics and a kind of a stripped down style visually, as well, would by far suit her at this stage in her career.

No more electronic based music or stuff which is rhythm and beat driven, as we've heard it with Confessions and Hard Candy already, but a new, natural, spiritual, alternative sounding Madonna is just what we need.

I agree with everything you said about her musically. I'm not sure about the stripped down style visually though. I love her more outrageous, fashionable and avant garde looks and visuals. I wouldn't want to see her performing in a t shirt and jeans like a lot of rock artists do.

Guest Danny86

all those rumours are false. according to spinner, brendan o brien isnt working with madonna

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/13/producer-brendan-obrien-not-working-with-madonna/

looks like a flop record for her since david guetta is the one left. i certainly hope she doesnt repeat her celebration sound again.

Of course it's fake, it was all started by the Examiner. The rock thing has been rumored for every single album since 2003, it's just what fans keep on predicting.

Guetta's "I Gotta Feeling" & "Sexy Bitch" have nothing to do with the Celebration sound by the way. And he did submit tracks to her, so that ain't a rumor.