Madonna's 12th studio album: David Guetta Confirmed

Guest hot revolver

It's not like Aaliyah was that amazing songwriter with her own ideas, is it?

Aaliyah in interviews about recording her 3rd and final album doesn’t come across as a cookie cutter R&B chick. She wanted to be different – to grow. Her final album wasn’t all Missy and Timbaland tracks – she worked with people with no name that went left with everything they gave her.

Aaliyah in interviews about recording her 3rd and final album doesn’t come across as a cookie cutter R&B chick. She wanted to be different – to grow. Her final album wasn’t all Missy and Timbaland tracks – she worked with people with no name that went left with everything they gave her.

Well, yeah, I know that, I'm a fan but I REALLY doubt she'd make Timbaland step up his game. If Madonna couldn't make him do something edgy or original, nobody will (well, not until he finds another Danja).

Well, yeah, I know that, I'm a fan but I REALLY doubt she'd make Timbaland step up his game. If Madonna couldn't make him do something edgy or original, nobody will (well, not until he finds another Danja).

The majority of name artists he works with or either sings (who also co-write lyrics) or rappers (who only care about the beats solely). It’s easy to assume going into the studio with him isn’t about how you can get him to tailor himself your way but for you to figure out how to manage under his.

Bjork with assistance of an engineer re-tooled the material she recorded with Timbaland (7 tracks total). But her unique voice likely is the reason those tracks feel less Timbaland-esque and more Bjork-ish.

Guest Danny86

I could be wrong about this since I'm not the biggest dance music expert, but I always thought that Oakenfold and Benassi were more club dj's and remixers of songs, rather than known for writing and producing original music for other artists. So I can see why she might not choose to continue working with them. I know Stuart Price for a dj but I thought he worked a lot more on original music for other artists than Oakenfold and Benassi have.

Actually Stuart didn't produce anyone until 2004-2005 (he was making music of his own, and with Zoot Woman along with remixers), I believe her DJ producers were always like this, Guetta would be the first "hitmaker DJ", all the rest were just famous only for remixes and their own stuff.

Also, for Music, Madonna wanted to work with Victor Calderone and did some tracks with Sasha, who are basically identical to Oakenfold's process. And there was also Robert Miles...

Like Stuart said (the quote I posted in the William Orbit thread), Madonna is usually about going to a DJ and asking for their best music to sing over. 90% of her collabs fit into this category alongside the "hitmakers", I think only Stephen Bray, Patrick Leonard and Mirwais who don't fit.

Bjork with assistance of an engineer re-tooled the material she recorded with Timbaland (7 tracks total). But her unique voice likely is the reason those tracks feel less Timbaland-esque and more Bjork-ish.

Bjork actually sits at her laptop and makes music come out of it. Madonna doesn't. There's a huge difference here. Madonna works with people because she wants their sound, not because she wants to push them into a new direction.

I find it strange when Madonna's own fans minimize her input into making music. The people she has worked with have all documented what an excellent producer she is.Claiming that M works with people only to "steal" their sound and not wanting to push them in another direction is bull. The people she's worked with have all testified to her pushing them to another level,not everyone has excelled at that task though.Proof again that people rather speculate than look at the facts. Fans really are her worst critics. That lady will never get credit for her amazing work,almost 30 years on and people still question her ability.It's a shame.

Guest Danny86

I'm not minimizing anything, neither speculating like I said already, this is what Stuart said about her:

What's she like to work with in the studio?

"She's the greatest hands-off producer ever. Most people think producers should be pressing the buttons but she doesn't pretend to do any of that. She sits on the couch and listens to it and tells you when you're not being very good."

I'll bet she doesn't mince her words…

"When something's not sounding good she'll say, 'That's rubbish, that's rubbish and that's rubbish' and you'll be like, 'I know, I'm not trying to be rubbish!'. In terms of being a songwriter, she has this thing where she can turn the microphone on, open her mouth and one of those melodies comes out and you go 'Blimey! That's how you've done it!"

Another interesting quote:

"What we're doing now is what she was doing at the start of her career. She said, 'I used to hang around the DJs long enough to force them to make records for me', so nothing's changed there. When you hear her old records there's no bullshit. On 'Into The Groove', if you solo the vocals you can hear the cars going by outside in Manhattan. These records weren't manufactured pop records, She was literally going around a DJ's house and saying 'What's the best music you've got?' and singing over it"

So I'm not sure what ability I'm questioning. Like Stuart said, she never sits to the machines and make the music come out of it, if you give her a Timbaland beat, she doesn't transform it alone on her laptop, that's just what I said.

"Pushing to another level" means a lot of things, not just "I used to sound this but Madonna made me sound like that", of course their songs with her end up sounding different because they can mix their own stuff up, they adjust it to her lyrics and stuff, you still can hear most of ROL on Orbit's solo work, or "Vogue" in "Miss You Much" remix and like Mattress said, "Thief Of Hearts" in a Paula Abdul remix. There's no need to be delusional and think Madonna is something what she never even pretended to be. Obviously if her input in music was larger than this, she would not need to change her collaborators on every album.

SOULWAX/2MANYDJ'S have gone on record saying how much they admire Madonna cuz Stuart told them she was a great producer.

In the last decade and a half a lot of producers have become 'beatmakers'..in the case of pop/dance & R&B that also makes u the main songwriting partner...in the description above it shows very much how Madonna is a old skool producer. They say what goes & what doesn't. For instance, it was Madonna who put the Klarinet in CFY. That's what a producer does.

Even David Foster sang her praise.

Madonna may not b a lot of things, BUT a great producer she certainly is.

It's quite clear in you're post you don't think her input is much. Her input is lyrics and melody,kinda important in a song no ? her producer ability is that she has a vision of what she wants the record to sound like. But because she's not pressing the buttons she's not a proper producer is what you're saying. You would think that all the different people she has worked with would call her out for being a hack,but they all praise her(oh right she's holding a gun to their heads forcing them to say it ;). Nobody is saying she is Mozart,least of all M herself. But she never gets proper credit for her work,always speculation that her input is minimal.Some people have an innate sensibility for music that doesn't necessarily come through the conventional way,ie classicaly trained musicians,M has that gift. Bringing her down on the level of a bimbo just singing over other people's music is just wrong.And pointing out that she needs to change producers because of this,that's not speculating ? epic fail.

SOULWAX/2MANYDJ'S have gone on record saying how much they admire Madonna cuz Stuart told them she was a great producer.

In the last decade and a half a lot of producers have become 'beatmakers'..in the case of pop/dance & R&B that also makes u the main songwriting partner...in the description above it shows very much how Madonna is a old skool producer. They say what goes & what doesn't. For instance, it was Madonna who put the Klarinet in CFY. That's what a producer does.

Even David Foster sang her praise.

Madonna may not b a lot of things, BUT a great producer she certainly is.

:clap:

Guest sanctuary

I find it strange when Madonna's own fans minimize her input into making music. The people she has worked with have all documented what an excellent producer she is.Claiming that M works with people only to "steal" their sound and not wanting to push them in another direction is bull. The people she's worked with have all testified to her pushing them to another level,not everyone has excelled at that task though.Proof again that people rather speculate than look at the facts. Fans really are her worst critics. That lady will never get credit for her amazing work,almost 30 years on and people still question her ability.It's a shame.

and the funniest thing is that in most of her records, LAP, Erotica, ROL, Music there'are a lot of biographical songs. You can clearly hear her touch, They're classic Madonna. Even David Forrest praised her as a great songwriter.

Guest Danny86

It's quite clear in you're post you don't think her input is much. Her input is lyrics and melody,kinda important in a song no ? her producer ability is that she has a vision of what she wants the record to sound like. But because she's not pressing the buttons she's not a proper producer is what you're saying. You would think that all the different people she has worked with would call her out for being a hack,but they all praise her(oh right she's holding a gun to their heads forcing them to say it ;) . Nobody is saying she is Mozart,least of all M herself. But she never gets proper credit for her work,always speculation that her input is minimal.Some people have an innate sensibility for music that doesn't necessarily come through the conventional way,ie classicaly trained musicians,M has that gift. Bringing her down on the level of a bimbo just singing over other people's music is just wrong.And pointing out that she needs to change producers because of this,that's not speculating ? epic fail.

Don't confuse me with howie, he was saying Madonna is stealing credit all the time.

I wasn't debating her songwriting ability at all, don't know why you and sanctuary bring that up. I posted a quote by one of her collaborators to prove there's a distinction between how Madonna and Bjork makes music, because in 2008 several fans were hung up on the fact that Bjork made Timbaland's beats into something else but Madonna didn't.

Her collaborators praise her because she is NOT the typical "bimbo" and is involved in the process (many don't even write the words themselves), that's why they don't call her a hack, which I was trying to prove to howie too, so not sure what your issue is with me. I never said her input is "minimal" but I still think you're overestimating her, because she never denied taking completely finished songs for herself and just changing bits in them throughout her career, so yeah, several of her songs did have the minimal input by her and that ain't speculation. Stuart said he brought her the "Jump" instrumental and he was surprised she recognized the PSB connection , I think it was also confirmed the ABBA sample was his idea too (which 2 examples are already singing over someone else's music, just like Stuart himself said, don't you think?), and Mirwais made her rap in AL. My point is, she doesn't do everything alone and has less input than people like Bjork or Prince who often get compare to Madonna when certain fans lash out on the "pop puppets".

She is all present and all in charge when in the studio.

however, a fantastic lyric & catchy melody are useless without the perfect

music to fuel the song. ITS THE PRODUCER that creates the perfect sound/vibe, and

without him, the project is lost. Madonna realized very early on that the PRODUCER

is what makes the record great.

Whether her input is minimal or maximum, her musical insticts are razor sharp.

She has always made wise choices, even her "failures" are successful compared to

other standards.

Same reason why Madonna won't be singing obscure album tracks and forgotten singles on tours, that's not what her general audience wants.

LOL. With the exception of the CURRENT ALBUM, of course. That's not what her general audience wants either.

"Dress You Up" is the closest to a forgotten single, now it's been revived. It was pitiful those fans in Vienna who couldn't sing it. :zombie:

Guest Danny86

Don't know what the source of AbMAd is, but they posted that another French DJ wants to work with Madonna:

Finally, if Madonna decides to continue using a French touch, Bob Sinclar just said he wanted to work with Madonna….

”I’d love to make an album with Madonna! I already did a remix, now I’m waiting for a phone call… It’s true that I don’t choose my featurings according to how famous they are. I only do it with people I appreciate and who are in sync with the music I make. I don’t need to make duos with big stars to make big hits.”

Guest AshLover1977

Shit if this is the way Madonna wants to go she should get Soulwax in. Those boys would sort her out.

I don't like where this album is going.

David Guetta could be good. Her going Hip Hop or Rock is destined to fail. She can't rap and doesn't have the voice to carry a whole rock album. Maybe the odd track and that's it.

Madonna needs to do a Euro sounding dance album. Using Soulwax for the rocky / hip hop stuff and David Guetta and Frankie Knuckles (if she hasn't burnt her bridges with him) for the dancey stuff.

Guest Danny86

The hip hop/rap/rock thing all comes from bored people on Examiner. Madonna had already said the next album will be most likely electronic dance, and we know Guetta is already involved someway. In my opinion it'll be a combination of the likes of Guetta/Calvin Harris/Bob Sinclar/DJ Mehdi and some US people like RedOne and will.i.am.

She would never go back to "rap" on her own, the AL single is already written out of her history, but a few rock influenced tracks like the tour arrangements are bound to happen. HC was a dance-pop album, done by black producers with a couple of "guest rapping" here and there, I don't see her going beyond that, she never abandoned her pop roots.

Shit if this is the way Madonna wants to go she should get Soulwax in. Those boys would sort her out.

I don't like where this album is going.

David Guetta could be good. Her going Hip Hop or Rock is destined to fail. She can't rap and doesn't have the voice to carry a whole rock album. Maybe the odd track and that's it.

Madonna needs to do a Euro sounding dance album. Using Soulwax for the rocky / hip hop stuff and David Guetta and Frankie Knuckles (if she hasn't burnt her bridges with him) for the dancey stuff.

This album isn't going anywhere beacuse the project hasn't even started. The David Guetta shit is a fucking rumour.

The project has started. Anna said M went into the studio last week.

I don't believe any of the rumours either,isn't she supposed to start working on her film now. How is she gonna have time to record an album?

Guest Danny86

Madonna almost always had a side project when she was making an album, in the genesis threads you can see it doesn't take that long to put an album together.

I think Anna said Madonna will go to the studio in the next few weeks. Guetta was on tour in December and just filmed a video, I don't think it happened yet.

Madonna almost always had a side project when she was making an album, in the genesis threads you can see it doesn't take that long to put an album together.

I think Anna said Madonna will go to the studio in the next few weeks. Guetta was on tour in December and just filmed a video, I don't think it happened yet.

Yeah we'll see. But this Anna person is very reliable and I think Guetta will be the main producer of this album.

Guest Hot Revolver

Maybe he sent her sum tracks to record over

Guest chatty kathy

Madonna Working With Kanye West's DJ On Next LP

Singer is also working with David Guetta, and even Pearl Jam producer Brendan O'Brien on yet-untitled project.

By James Dinh

Whether it's her music, image or fashion, Madonna has always been adamant about change and reinvention throughout her career. Her new, yet-untitled album will be no different.

The singer, who is currently hard at work to deliver the follow-up to 2008's Hard Candy, has lined up a series of collaborators, including DJ A-Trak, David Guetta and Fernando Garibay, to help her with a new sound.

"It's my production, turned into song structure — halfway between rap and electronic and whatever else I listen to," DJ A-Trak told British newspaper the Daily Star.

Madonna isn't the only star to work with the DJ recently. A few months ago, A-Trak revealed that he and Kanye West were throwing out several new ideas for his upcoming album. "Kanye's taking a bit of time away from the limelight. But he keeps telling me all these ideas he has for songs and fashion bits," he told the Daily Star in November.

According to the newspaper, Madonna will also infuse some rock into her catalog by working with Pearl Jam producer Brendan O'Brien.

Another collaborator who has scheduled sessions with the Material Girl is David Guetta. When asked who would be his dream collaborator, the French DJ said Madonna remains at the top of his list. "I would love to work with Madonna," he told DigitalSpy.com. "It will probably happen very soon actually. It's all in the early stages and I'm not allowed to speak about it yet!"

Producer Fernando Garibay, who has worked with Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, has also confirmed his involvement with Madonna. When a fan asked Garibay on Twitter when he will work with the Queen of Pop, he tweeted, "Madonna coming soon."

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1629270/20100107/madonna.jhtml

A-Trac just yes or no???

Too many conflicting sources!!!