Madonna's 12th studio album: David Guetta Confirmed

Guest hot revolver

is it really only her 12th studio album?

1 Madonna

2 LAV

3 TB

4 LAP

5 Erotica

6 BS

7 ROL

8 Music

9 AL

10 Confessions

11 Hard Candy

12 ?

Thats it right?

Damn. When you look at it that way, what a fucking transition and a half from LAP to Erotica. :lol:

why does I'm Breathless always get left out?

it's a full blown album just done in a period style

to me it's her 13th studio album then

Here we go again! I love DJ Mehdi Signatune and I thought when it came out several years ago it would be something Madonna would jump on - French electro music.

Handbags at the ready girls!

Guest Danny86

^It's not happening as of yet, they weren't contacted. ;) It was just wishful thinking by fans who like them.

Wouldn't Madonna consider it as repeating herself, if she works with more French DJs who are unknown on pop radio? :p

And while A-Trak said he would be open to a collaboration, I'm sure they are several of these "edgy" people who wouldn't wanna "sell out" and work with a huge pop star like her, like Diplo who's been suggested by fans for years... Even Calvin Harris was reluctant to work with Kylie, though he scores hits under his own name...

You know Madonna could very easily use unreleased tracks to make a whole (actually several) album(s) and just get in some producers and that to mix them and add or subtract lyrics from them.

Example:

1. Shame

2. To Love You

3. Dear Father

4. Bring It

5. Right On Time

6. Can't You See My Mind

7. Triggering (Your Senses)

8. La La

9. Broken (I'm Sorry)

10. Across The Sky

11. Liquid Love

12. Run

13. La Petit

14. Mysore Smile

Sorry just a rambling thought I had and wished to share. ^.^

Guest bluejean

You know Madonna could very easily use unreleased tracks to make a whole (actually several) album(s) and just get in some producers and that to mix them and add or subtract lyrics from them.

Example:

1. Shame

2. To Love You

3. Dear Father

4. Bring It

5. Right On Time

6. Can't You See My Mind

8. La La

9. Broken (I'm Sorry)

10. Across The Sky

11. Liquid Love

12. Run

13. La Petit

14. Mysore Smile

Nah, then it would be an album of bsides/off cuts. Not a good move.

Nah, then it would be an album of bsides/off cuts. Not a good move.

I said she could :p not that it'd be a good move :lol: but we don't know the quality of some of her unreleased tracks.

Guest Danny86

DJ A-trak has been doing some Timbaland dissing on Twitter, I doubt that's the way to become a new Madonna producer:

I think I've pinpointed what's wrong with Timbaland's new music. It's just not sexy.

@dances it's just vegas formulas. His tracks will always sound good but they're completely soulless and boring.

@RandeeBugga nah nah, 2001 was prime

DJ A-trak has been doing some Timbaland dissing on Twitter, I doubt that's the way to become a new Madonna producer:

I think I've pinpointed what's wrong with Timbaland's new music. It's just not sexy.

@dances it's just vegas formulas. His tracks will always sound good but they're completely soulless and boring.

@RandeeBugga nah nah, 2001 was prime

I actually agree with him on Timbaland's new album = it's fucking crap. I think Madonna got the last decent material out of him (although A-Trak thinks he peaked much earlier).

Guest Danny86

I actually agree with him on Timbaland's new album = it's fucking crap. I think Madonna got the last decent material out of him (although A-Trak thinks he peaked much earlier).

Haven't heard the latest one, but I had the impression A-Trak collectively bashed the Nelly-Justin-Madonna-Rihanna era too. The worst is the latest Shakira song he produced. :chuckle:

but I had the impression A-Trak collectively bashed the Nelly-Justin-Madonna-Rihanna era too.

Yeah, I think he meant that whole era was soul-less and boring, so he (by proxy) is dissing Madonna. I am sure many a fan here agrees, but I think Timbaland was doing decent stuff up through Madonna. I actually liked Shock Value (Timbaland's first solo effort). But I would say his peak was Nelly & Justin in 2006 - I liked both their albums.

Anyway, now that DJ Mehdi & A-Trak have de-bunked the rumors, I don't think they will be producing anyway. Kind of disappointing because I liked their stuff.

Guest Danny86

Maybe she thinks one French DJ (Guetta) is enough for one album. ;)

I wonder if she wants to work with Benny Benassi though, it's no coincidence she preferred his version of "Celebration", even Oakenfold played that version in the S&ST pre-show set.

In fact I find it kinda weird she "wasted" 3 different sounds for the Celebration GH. I rule out DJ Frank E because he was complaining about Warner not allowing him to fix "Revolver" and the main version of the single is a remix, but if Madonna still wants to do electronic dance music, why is she throwing Oakenfold or Benassi away? It's not like all of their work sounded like "Celebration".

Um, NO.

AaliyahHighRes.jpg

Missy_Elliott-Miss_E._So_Addictive.jpg

Missy_Elliott_-_Da_Real_World_-_Album.jpg

Aaliyah-one-in-a-million.jpg

Yup, yup, yup. I have all of those albums and the other Missy one Supa Dupa Fly.

OOOH AHHHH, SOCK IT TO ME LIKE YOU WANT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ME IM SUPA FLY. SUPA DUPA FLY.

That period of his music was great. Timbaland, Aaliyah, Magoo, Missy Elliott and Ginuwine etc etc. Timbaland had a lot more edge and creativity and his ego wasn't so on display. Missy had the ego and it totally fit. She is underrated and also stopped producing great material for some reason. I think it's because they both became a little TOO accepted into the mainstream pop world. I don't think the Madonna use of Timbaland is quite the same as Nelly/Justin etc. I find their music really sounds like they are singing over a backing track. Plus they are soulless and lack the personal qualities that really make a difference when you have a big producer on the record. Not that I'm saying neither of them made good songs. But...you know...

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Um, NO.

AaliyahHighRes.jpg

THIS was Timbo at his peak. I nearly cry tears of sorrow when i think of what they could have done in the future together. Mmm hmm!

Um, NO.

To each his/her own. I don't care what anyone says, I loved Timbaland from the 90's right up until his latest came out. Furtado's 2006 album had lots of good cuts on it, and I even liked most of FutureSex/LoveSounds.

To each his/her own. I don't care what anyone says, I loved Timbaland from the 90's right up until his latest came out. Furtado's 2006 album had lots of good cuts on it, and I even liked most of FutureSex/LoveSounds.

People here just hate that record, because it's Justin's. He annoys me in innumerable ways, but that record was pretty fucking solid. The same goes for Furtaco's record.

The stuff he did with Missy and Aaliyah is classic, but anyone who thinks his massive ego wasn't all over those records is just DEAF. If anything he's gotten a bit more subtle, and predictable lately, which is why his stuff is so stale. He needs to take a break, and recharge.

As far as Guetta goes, people here should be thrilled if he produces the record. I thought they wanted her to work with french DJ :french::chuckle:

What about her singing Drowned World and Paradise (Not for Me) on the Confessions tour? Those are obscure album tracks and forgotten singles! Of course, she has to sing the hits that more casual fans know and her new songs, but that doesn't mean she can't fit in one or two more obscure things for the hard core fans. She has done that in the past. I don't think she should be dictated to by either obsessed online fans or by the general audience. One is a dead end commercially while the other is a dead end artistically. She has to find the balance between art and commerce which she has done so well in the past. I think with HC the balance tipped too far in the direction of pure commerce. But that doesn't mean I think she should do just obscure things no one knows or uncommercial music that is just about art. It's about the balance between the two.

The hard core fans prefer the obscure songs in her albums?. Where is the poll? I don't find it.

Example:

1. Shame

2. To Love You

3. Dear Father

4. Bring It

5. Right On Time

6. Can't You See My Mind

8. La La

9. Broken (I'm Sorry)

10. Across The Sky

11. Liquid Love

12. Run

13. La Petit

14. Mysore Smile

Do you realize how many fans would be outraged over this? I can hear it now... fans and critics will start saying she can produce anything new and innovated, so she has to dig through the archives.

I for one would welcome a release as this, but it should be done along side a greatest hits compilation of past hits such as "Celebration". Would make great for an exclusive box set edition. But I suspect that there are some songs Madonna prefer to keep buried and never be released.

In fact I find it kinda weird she "wasted" 3 different sounds for the Celebration GH. I rule out DJ Frank E because he was complaining about Warner not allowing him to fix "Revolver" and the main version of the single is a remix, but if Madonna still wants to do electronic dance music, why is she throwing Oakenfold or Benassi away? It's not like all of their work sounded like "Celebration".

I could be wrong about this since I'm not the biggest dance music expert, but I always thought that Oakenfold and Benassi were more club dj's and remixers of songs, rather than known for writing and producing original music for other artists. So I can see why she might not choose to continue working with them. I know Stuart Price for a dj but I thought he worked a lot more on original music for other artists than Oakenfold and Benassi have.

I nearly cry tears of sorrow when i think of what they could have done in the future together. Mmm hmm!

I doubt they'd do anything that wouldn't sound like Maneater/The Way I Are/4 Minutes... It's not like Aaliyah was that amazing songwriter with her own ideas, is it? I'm sure she'd get Brandy's Afrodisiac tracks tho, together with Nelly Furtado's Loose stuff.

then it wouldnt be an album. it wouldnt flow.

it would be all over the place.

that would all over teh place

Example:

1. Shame

2. To Love You

3. Dear Father

4. Bring It

5. Right On Time

6. Can't You See My Mind

8. La La

9. Broken (I'm Sorry)

10. Across The Sky

11. Liquid Love