Madonna's 12th studio album: David Guetta Confirmed

Guest hot revolver

Already mentioned in album thread. And yeah where did Madonna go?

what you have in the other thread is just rumors. this here is some kind of official confirmation

Who is this A-Track & DJ Mehdi? who Have they produced before?

DJ Mehdi...

Being recognized for his efforts and budding into one of the French underground hip hop music scene’s premier producers, since then he has pushed the boundaries by mixing hip hop and electronic music. Collaboration with such notable artists of the likes of Daft Punk, Cassius, MC Solaar, Futura 2000, Asian Dub Foundation and Chromeo among others. “Coming from a rap music background, it’s always nice to collaborate within other music genres…Paris is very inspiring because a lot of people are making great stuff, music and in other arts related fields also. My music and philosophies revolve around beats and blues, that’s how I would try to describe it.”

some of his remixes...

1997 Koma - "Realite Rap" (DJ Mehdi RMX)

1998 113 - "Les Evadés" (Remix)

1999 Cassius - "Feeling for You" (Cambridge Circus Mix)

2000 Joakim Lone Octet - "Oleg Dans Les Bois" (DJ Mehdi Remix)

2000 Manu Key - "Si Tu Savais" (Remix)

2001 Akhenaton - "K (AKH)" (DJ Mehdi Remix/DJ Mehdi Instrumental Remix)

2002 Next Evidence - "Dance On" (DJ Mehdi Remix/DJ Mehdi's Dub)

2002 Etienne de Crécy - "Out of My Hands" (DJ Mehdi Remix)

2003 Asian Dub Foundation - "Fortress Europe" (Techno Organisation Remix)

2004 Wayne Shorter - "Footprints" (Dub aka DJ Mehdi Remix)

2006 Architecture in Helsinki - "In Case We Die"

2006 New Young Pony Club - "Ice Cream" (DJ Mehdi Remix)

2007 Outlines- "Just a Lil' Lovin" (album)

2008 Sam Sparro - "21st Century Life"" (DJ Mehdi Secret Disco Dub)

2009 Erol Alkan & Boys Noize - "Death Suite" (DJ Mehdi's Simple Acid Edit)

2009 Miike Snow - "Burial" (DJ Mehdi Remix)

some of what A-TRAX has done...

Remixes

Done:

Bonde do Role - Melo Do Tabaco (Trizzy's Licensed To Trill Mix) - Mad Decent

Architecture In Helsinki - Heart It Races (Trizzy's Rusty Tin Can Mix) - Polyvinyl

Bumblebeez - Dr Love (Trizzy's Free iPhone Mix) - Modular

SCANNeRS - Bombs (Trizzy's Boom Bam Slam Mix) - Dimmak iTunes

Kanye West - Stronger - Rocafella iTunes

Digitalism - Idealism - Kitsuné

Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler - Interscope iTunes

Count & Sinden - Beeper - Domino

Boys Noize - Oh! - Boys Noize Records

James Pants - Kash (Trizzy & XXXChange remix) - Stones Throw

MSTRKRFT - Bounce - Dimmak

Sébastien Tellier - Kilometer - Record Makers iTunes

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll - Interscope iTunes

Guest Pud Whacker

all i can say is thank god because these stupid people will have to do a little investigating, they will find something they like and then we, the fans dont have the hear the moaning and groaning for the next 8 months because somewhere in afghanistan, the producer hasnt worked with the woman who flies like a bird.

all i can say is thank god because these stupid people will have to do a little investigating, they will find something they like and then we, the fans dont have the hear the moaning and groaning for the next 8 months because somewhere in afghanistan, the producer hasnt worked with the woman who flies like a bird.

Guetta, Mehdi, St John the baptist...whoever she works with it'll be good :)

finally some positive upcoming producer news! i hope this one is true....medhi has a great circle that he works with!

i'm happy now!

im lookin 4ward to some fresh new stuff.

i dont understand why those who dont like something that she releases, get all kinds of flack.

everyone has different likes and dislikes, some1 may love EVITA and someone may HATE it.

its just the way it is. generaly, i love to death all the she releases.....except for HARD CANDY.

i cant wait for a new FULL LENGTH album of fresh new stuff.wacko.gif

lol at the answer. The backstreet boys are still around. They never broken up. Unless hes counting Kevin leaving. N*sync had a bunch of fugly members. I don't think they'll ever come back. Hardly any of the members sang anyway.

Sorry for getting off topic there.

Even though this guy doesn't know his boyband history, he seems to have a good music background.

Guest gloriesbarcelona
And finally, what are you excited about music-wise for the new decade?

I can’t wait to see N*Sync and the Backstreet Boys getting back together. Oh, and A-Trak producing Madonna’s comeback album.

WTF??? :confused::confused:

Her last album is only a year and something old and she's the top touring artist of 2009, fucking idiot :lol:

Does his answer imply that he (Mehdi) will be producing too? I just got that he's excited about A-Trak producing Madonna. :confused:

Also from the interview...

What are your favourite remixes of all time and why?

The best remix of all time is Shut ‘Em Down by Public Enemy, remixed by Pete Rock. I can’t really explain why, it’s simply perfect. Maybe something about the horns. Another absolute classic is Donna Summer’s Disco Edit of I Feel Love by Gorgio Moroder. Also listen to Madonna’s Everybody Club Dub, by Shep Pettibone. Those guys created the whole game. In more recent times, Proxy did an amazing job on Tiga’s What You Need and Mr Oizo also destroyed pretty much everything he touched recently.

Are we sure this is not just some joke? Him looking forward to the BSB and Nsync reunions souns a little strange ...

Anyway, if this is indeed true, that's the best news in a long time. Mehdi and A trak shit all over Guetta and Oakenfold's tired dance by numbers.

Guest dicktracy

I like these songs posted here but I think it's pretty funny that people think Guetta is so last year news when these songs here are so 30 years ago....

Are we sure this is not just some joke? Him looking forward to the BSB and Nsync reunions souns a little strange ...

Anyway, if this is indeed true, that's the best news in a long time. Mehdi and A trak shit all over Guetta and Oakenfold's tired dance by numbers.

I thought the same... wondering if he was being humorous. Anyway, at this point (like with every album conception), we tend to hear so many rumors, etc., and most of them never are true or they don't come to surface. Also, it's possible that Madonna reached out to a number of producers (like she does with each album) to see who bites and who is interested. Even if she works with them, it doesn't mean it will show up on the new album.

I like these songs posted here but I think it's pretty funny that people think Guetta is so last year news when these songs here are so 30 years ago....

I like the clips posted and it would be cool to hear Madonna do something like that but you're so right actually...lol. I realize it's supposed to be a "updated retro" kind of thing, even so, the sound reminds me a bit of Jamiroquai with their "updated retro" grooves. So certainly not groundbreaking or new but cool nonetheless! Since these names arent as familiar it's all good...if Guetta or Timbo did this sound it would be tired though. Guess that's just the way it goes around here. :lol:

Don't wanna start a new thread

But In New Album related news I Just got word that Warner Brothers is putting out a Remix album/project of Madonna's catalogue.

It's in pre production now, no word yet on how many tracks or which ones will be chosen.

And I don't know if Madonna is involved or Warners is doing it on their own. Stay Tuned!

Guest Borderline

I like DJ Medhi - however he is a bit 2 years ago.... along with Justice, Tepr and even Soulwax to an extent.

I think they had their time and dance music has definitley moved in another direction.

I think she should be looking at someone like Rusko or if she wanted to stay in a more convetional electro/French mood then Grum would be an ideal partnership.

Oh well, if it is DJ Medhi then it will be massive step forward from anything she has done since COADF, so bring it on.

a Grum partnership would be absolutely lush!!! I totally agree!!! :drool:

I think she should be looking at someone like Rusko

AGREED. Madonna + Dubstep would be VERY interesting. if not already a bit dated but stil, its hardly mainstream aside form that Skream remix of La Roux.