Store Reports: How much? How many? Any displays?

thebigham

Just got back from Best Buy.

I bought the double and single discs cds and the dvd.

I didn't count how many they had. I would say between the new release rack and her section there were about 10 single discs and 25 double discs. I didn't look anywhere else. The dvd had 2 or 3 I don't remember. It's either they had 3 and I bought 1 and now there are 2 left or they had 2 and I bought 1.

Prices were: 2 cd: 16.99 1 cd: 11.99 dvd: 24.99

On a side note I saw a middle aged man or woman (I couldn't tell) at the register who bought about 10 of Mariah's album.

Wal-Mart only had 3 Immaculate Collection CDs. Nothing else. Not even DVDs. :thumbsdown:

I guess I'll spend my money at BestBuy.

Did you ask?

Wal-Mart employees are idiots.

Ask for a manager. Ask them why the new releases are not on the floor.

Did you ask?

Wal-Mart employees are idiots.

Ask for a manager. Ask them why the new releases are not on the floor.

sabotaged by moomoo's fans

Best Buy - what a mess their music section was. I couldn't find the DVD so I asked for help. There were about 10 copies I think. No specific display. But at least two other people were there to pick up the 2CD album! yay

It was 16 in Target. The 2 CD. I looked EVERYYYYYWHERE for the DVD and I can not find it. Also Best Buy in my area must not have gotten their shipments in of anything because I went to 2 and none of them had any new releases what so ever. Also I was told I Am Because We Are has been pused back to the 22nd? Because I was looking for that also. *fart*

It was 16 in Target. The 2 CD. I looked EVERYYYYYWHERE for the DVD and I can not find it. Also Best Buy in my area must not have gotten their shipments in of anything because I went to 2 and none of them had any new releases what so ever. Also I was told I Am Because We Are has been pused back to the 22nd? Because I was looking for that also. *fart*

It's Filth and Wisdom that is out today.

IABWA is out next month.

Always ask the employees where the new releases are! Ask to speak to a manager and complain.

Best Buy West Nyack, NY has about 30 copies of the double, about 15 of the single (I counted their extra stock sitting on metal racks as well)

Target West Nyack had about 20 2-cds, about 8 single CDs; the neighboring Target in Nanuet only had 6 doubles left but about 8 singles (I know the other Madonna Rockland superfan prolly picked up a few before I got there). Each Target also had 6 copies of the DVD ($20). Funnily enough, I observed an OCD guy "inspecting" the front-copy of the double-CD stack, looking it up and down, side by side, top to bottom for his PERFECT, least-contaminated copy. To fuck with him, I quickly grabbed the other 5 copies and walked away. The look of disappointment when he couldn't check the others--priceless (of course I put them back, but after he left. I already bought my copies at the more plentiful Target, thank goodness. Wouldn't want HIS paws all over M before I get to her)....

Edited by lennylu

I'm in a shitsmall town in Ontario so my options were limited to begin with.....I ended up with 2cd and dvd sets!!

Future Shop only had 2 cd version for $19.99 - NO DVD at all, not even coming in which really surprised me!!

Went to CD Plus and they had 1cd ($14.99), 2cd ($19.99) AND dvd($29.99) versions!!

I am very happy with them!! A few gems missing (Nothing Really Matters and American Life nowhere to be seen and Give It To Me on video only) :rant::rant::rant:

Loving the Mr. Brainwash posters!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Edited by madonnafreak

Always ask the employees where the new releases are! Ask to speak to a manager and complain.

I live in Best Buy. I know where the new stuff is. Im telling you the two by me must not have gotten shit in. No new DVDs. No new CDS. Not even Mariah's pile of cow dung was in any of them.

I live in Best Buy. I know where the new stuff is. Im telling you the two by me must not have gotten shit in. No new DVDs. No new CDS. Not even Mariah's pile of cow dung was in any of them.

I know. I meant ask them where the cds are out back. LOL

Just got back from Best Buy here in Tulsa. They had a very prominent New Releases display. Madonna, Mariah & Barbra are the featured artists. Madonna took up more space as they had the 2 CD & DVD's displayed. When I was there I noticed Barbra seemed to be moving the most copies, followed by Madonna. It didn't look as if Mariah had moved any copies. I did see a girl in her 20's who bought a copy of the 2 disc version and the DVD for Celebration.

I observed an OCD guy "inspecting" the front-copy of the double-CD stack, looking it up and down, side by side, top to bottom for his PERFECT, least-contaminated copy.

:lol: Sounds like me. Im like that with DVDs, CDs, and books.

Best Buy (on 5th Avenue no less) is a God-damn mess!!! Madonna was sitting next to Streisand one stack for each - but - Mariah had multiple version and stacks of her crap.

Anyway, at least they had Madonna's video collection directly underneath the double-cd. This is why I hardly EVER go to record stores anymore, it's not a nice experience. Gone are the days of Tower (I miss that place), even Virgin had a little more flair, I couldn't get over how insignificant the CD section has become, absolutely ON-Line is the way to go.

I actually felt a little out of place looking for CD's at this stage of the game---what a snob I've become, but honestly, looking on-line for music is such a comfortable experience now, and second nature.

Whats with every other Best Buy having this shit. :rant: I think Mariah hijacked the truck that was going to deliver the goods in my area. But then again she would be screwing herself.....But then again its Mariah. She isnt too bright. :blink:

:lol: Sounds like me. Im like that with DVDs, CDs, and books.

lol! Honestly, I am also OCD with packaged media--I just didn't like the fact that, for the very first time in my life, I bumped into another OCD freak at the same time and place. Had to play the ultimate cruel joke (cos I also how it would feel like if someone did that).