A REAL CELEBRATION!!! - Madonna equals Elvis Presley with 11 top-selling albums in Britain!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Number 1 is good but as American Life and Hard Candy proved, it means NOTHING in terms of sales - the real test for Celebration is whether it can SUSTAIN its sales or PLUMMET like the aforementioned.

While u may be right, this was not about sales in anyway, and considering what the music industry is these and the fact Madonna can still achieve this at 51 (not when she was in her twenties or thirties)is even more fantastic than any sales chart of any kind!!! END!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Madonna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im just SOOOO glad shes alive and well to see all this epic success; and to be able to live and say FCK U to all the Roger Friedmans, Fox News, Lambs etc... lol!!! She owns the UK lol!! She's fantastic !!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

While u may be right, this was not about sales in anyway, and considering what the music industry is these and the fact Madonna can still achieve this at 51 (not when she was in her twenties or thirties)is even more fantastic than any sales chart of any kind!!! END!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Madonna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:inlove:

plus a greatest hits, especially THIS greatest hits is going to be lingering for some time - she can do promo in magazine all the way through to xmas. she doenst have to do much either. a few tv spots, a few reputable music mags. :thumbsup:

----

QB - take that long island version of kylie and your bad MADONNA attitude and EAT IT!!!!

Which is pretty meaningless because the biggest opening so far this year has been 166,000 for the Eminem album that was hugely hyped. If M does do X Factor as rumoured, and with Christmas approaching, 'Celebration''s biggest one-week sales are still to come. But I guess because they wouldn't be as high as 200,000 you'd call that a 'flop'.

exactly. re eminem...which has gone on to 'only' sell 366,900 copies (currently ranks UK #10 of 2009)

Promotion will be the KEY to its success.

TIC was number 1 for 9 weeks, it was the biggest selling album of 1990 and the seventh biggest selling album of 1991.

completely irrelevant...timescale wise...1990 vs 2009?? so much has changed surely?

Number 1 is good but as American Life and Hard Candy proved, it means NOTHING in terms of sales - the real test for Celebration is whether it can SUSTAIN its sales or PLUMMET like the aforementioned.

<Lamb>

#1 is STILL a #1 :americanlife:

</Lamb>

completely irrelevant...timescale wise...1990 vs 2009?? so much has changed surely?

Yes and no, she should be doing comparatively the same only by today's standards and she's not. The difference being that she was at the top her game back then whereas nowadays she's sliding further onto pop's periphery with each new project.

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-28-madonna-makes-history-in-the-uk#comment-4353960

Madonna Makes History In The UK!

Filed under: Madonna > Music Minute

That-a-girl!

Madonna, with her new "Greatest Hits" album Celebration, has just acquired the top spot on the UK album list.

This marks her 11th number one in the UK. That ties her with Evis and puts her just behind the Beatles for most #1 albums in UK history.

This feat marks yet another record for Madonna, the most successful female solo artist of all time. She has also:

Spent more weeks at number one (29) of the Official UK Album Chart than any other female solo artist.

Had more UK number one singles (13) than any other female solo artist.

Achieved the chart double (simultaneous number one album and single) more times (4) than any other female solo artist.

Completed the highest grossing tour in history (her recent Sticky & Sweet tour) for a female artist.

Madonna’s UK number one albums:

Like a Virgin (1984)

0ATrue Blue (1986)

Like a Prayer (1989)

The Immaculate Collection (1990)

Evita (1996)

Ray of Light (1998)

Music(2000)

American Life(2003)

Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005)

Hard Candy (2008)

Celebration (2009)

Let's got for a dozen!

Congratulations, Madge!

Yes and no, she should be doing comparatively the same only by today's standards and she's not. The difference being that she was at the top her game back then whereas nowadays she's sliding further onto pop's periphery with each new project.

In your opinion! Alot of peopel love Celebration

Sounds like your talking about your dear old Kylie!

Guest Pud Whacker

In your opinion! Alot of peopel love Celebration

Sounds like your talking about your dear old Kylie!

no, hes onto joanne. you know the type - we have seen them for years. there might be a little slump and someone new comes along and grabs a few headlines. and the sheepling all run over there and graze.

they always return to THE QUEEN though. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS.

sorry, QB but...

:rotfl:

Madonna’s UK number one albums:

Like a Virgin (1984)

0ATrue Blue (1986)

Like a Prayer (1989)

The Immaculate Collection (1990)

Evita (1996)

Ray of Light (1998)

Music(2000)

American Life(2003)

Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005)

Hard Candy (2008)

Celebration (2009)

Let's got for a dozen!

Congratulations, Madge!

0ATrue Blue is my fave. and let's got for a dozen ay'?! why don't you just fuck me hole! fuck me hole!!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

0ATrue Blue is my fave. and let's got for a dozen ay'?! why don't you just fuck me hole! fuck me hole!!!!!

yeah oatrue blue is fab. we must got for the dozen, preferably a bakers dozen. and lets not forget that ties her with Evis

The one who is equaled on the US chart by Mariah.

Madonna is UK's Mimi :lol:

Oh she's the UK's Mimi alright.

But why was Elvis so big? His swaggah can kiss me hole. I mean was it his twang, or his peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches? Or was it bring this thing to earth in life after love:

lisa-marie-presley-2007-clive-davis-pre-grammy-awards-party-1igAdV.jpg

yeah oatrue blue is fab. we must got for the dozen, preferably a bakers dozen. and lets not forget that ties her with Evis

yes yes and my friend broke she tailbone!! breed me tailbone.