Madonna on "Late Show"/David Letterman

FreeMySoul

a true queen!!! she looked SO beautiful! i love her when she's on letterman.

such a cute little interview, but BITCH NEEDS TO AT LEAST MENTION THE NEW CD HERSELF!!!

digitalfreaknyc @ MTribe:

So I went to the taping tonight...

Here's the scoop...if want you to read all about it before the show airs:

Letterman's first two jokes are about her.

Before she comes out, Letterman talks to Paul about wanting to call her Madge and Paul wants to call her Esther (which about 4 people in the audience got).

She came out and, personally, I thought she looked PHENOMENAL.

Overall, the interview is extremely boring. She never mentions the CD once. They don't talk about it. No reference to it other than at the top and bottom of the interview, I believe. Letterman couldn't even find the damn CD when she was coming out.

He did mention A-Rod but the subject was quickly changed. They showed the picture of Lola from the Celebration interview. They talked about the bones she fractured falling off the horse in the hamptons.

The reason why you see her eating pizza is because they set up a bit where letterman said she's never had a new york slice of pizza. So they call the place next door during the first part of the interview and order a pizza. They argue abouw what should be on it: at first, she didn't want cheese and then relented. She only wanted black olives on it...but wanted a martini to drink.

They did a commercial break (during which a TON of the stagehands and producers were buzzing around her). She was dancing to the music that Paul and the band were playing for a while and tried to get the audience to along. They briefly discussed how she was married the last time she was on and now she's divorced and Dave is married. She said that she has absolutely no interest in getting married again.

Jesus was not mentioned. Settle down, folks.

They talked about having kids. And then the pizza was ready.

So they walked through the lobby of the theater to the crazies outside and then went to go eat the pizza.

They did two short breaks with her before Harry Connick came on. They never talk to her again but they cut to her once in the restaurant raising her glass to say "Cheers" and then the 2nd time, she's handing out pizza to the people waiting outside.

All in all...i'm VERY happy I went to see her. She looked fantastic...but it's a pretty tame and lame interview. She does admit to a couple of appearances that she regrets...AND she said that the "fuck" apperance in 94 happened because she smoked a joint before she came out.

she was fabulous, of course. totally 100% THE QUEEN. I loved the "wave" when she was being carried in, hahaha. The interview was crap - but that's kind of the way Dave always is with M... he gets so nervous around her and starts asking stupid questions - the entertainment is in watching HER take over the interview, lol.

didn't need the pizza bit - would have rather got more madonna talk time (come on, there's NEVER enough madonna)... but over all it was really sweet and funny! Love Madonna and Dave!!!!

was way disappointed when that nothing Harry Connick came out for an INTERVIEW and to sing one of his lame standards... he stole my madonna time!

i agree. oprah would rock the sales.....

not necessarily... Mimi was on and she'll be lucky if she gets to #2 on the charts with her album this week.. more likely Babs will beat her out and she'll end up #3.

Madonna is going to sell 60K-70K of Celebration with basically no promo, and it will be a solid seller through the holidays. not bad for a GH collection.

not necessarily... Mimi was on and she'll be lucky if she gets to #2 on the charts with her album this week.. more likely Babs will beat her out and she'll end up #3.

Yeah, but Mariah's performance was like 2 weeks before her album even came out. I bet it would've had a bigger impact if she had done it this week. Mariah's marketing this time was SHIT.

Thank you!

She looks fabulous even if I still have troubles getting over her cheeks :nocomment:

I'm glad i'm not the only one. :lol:

I'm shocked Letterman didn't mention Jesus. I thought he'd be all over that issue.

Nothing wrong with her cheeks.She looks fabulous! She looks kinda like Angie Dickenson :)

Also,she finally looks like she's comfortable with her age.She looks like a 51-year old woman who's proud of her age.

Yeah... It's A Little extreme, Right? :chuckle:

*I'll Just Nap in Class Tomorrow.

:lol: & It's My LAST Year of Doing this Shit!!

I have to wake up at 5 AM :manson: So glad I'm a senior, no more of this shit next year.

She was nothing short of spectacular - easily her BEST television appearance in years. Could have done without the pot-shot at America but I understand her Bush reference, who cares old-news now.

With that said, she was perfection, loved it!!!

she was fabulous, of course. totally 100% THE QUEEN. I loved the "wave" when she was being carried in, hahaha. The interview was crap - but that's kind of the way Dave always is with M... he gets so nervous around her and starts asking stupid questions - the entertainment is in watching HER take over the interview, lol.

didn't need the pizza bit - would have rather got more madonna talk time (come on, there's NEVER enough madonna)... but over all it was really sweet and funny! Love Madonna and Dave!!!!

was way disappointed when that nothing Harry Connick came out for an INTERVIEW and to sing one of his lame standards... he stole my madonna time!

Totally agree! What was the purpose of this interview????

Anyways glad to see M anyway!

Guest ursaminorjim

It was good to see her, of course, but it was so...empty. They didn't really talk about anything, and there was too much padding. No sparks! :(

Great interview, she looks fabulous, esp' her figure, wow.

Her face seems bigger, probably because of the work done on her cheeks, and maybe because her body is so tight and tiny, esp in that dress.

Thought she was funny and charming.