Madonna on "Late Show"/David Letterman

FreeMySoul

promotion finally!

great, we can flush all the loons who were praising madonna for not doing promo because she's above that now because of the TOUR.

I don't think anybody is PRAISING her for not doing promo. I'm a fan OF COURSE I like to see her on TV and I can't wait to see this appearance...I just don't expect it and I don't think she's a selfish money grubbing bitch (like some *ahem*) because she puts more effort into her tours (which bring her more $$$$) than doing album promo. Most of my diehard fan years she did little TV promo anyways, so the sky doesn't fall around me if she doesn't make an appearance on a TV show to promote her latest product.

So now do I just wait for the blockbuster Sound Scan numbers for Celebration to roll in due to the important TV PROMO?

Oprah is better promo IMO for people to buy that problem CD.

i agree. oprah would rock the sales..... But letterman will be a better interview.

im still really surprised that Madonna ( the supposed perfectionist) would allow a sub-standard quality realease in her

own name. Yes, i know its her last Warner release, but its still her own career moving 4ward. And to go to the trouble

of commissioing Lil Wayne on the track and then letting a unmastered edit of the song to be pressed. its all just bizarre.

I don't think anybody is PRAISING her for not doing promo. I'm a fan OF COURSE I like to see her on TV and I can't wait to see this appearance...I just don't expect it and I don't think she's a selfish money grubbing bitch (like some *ahem*) because she puts more effort into her tours (which bring her more $$$$) than doing album promo. Most of my diehard fan years she did little TV promo anyways, so the sky doesn't fall around me if she doesn't make an appearance on a TV show to promote her latest product.

So now do I just wait for the blockbuster Sound Scan numbers for Celebration to roll in due to the important TV PROMO?

I think howie is bordering being a troll so he does not deserve our replies.

Anyway, the Letterman performance won't help much and people like howie will be blaming that on Madonna "talking about everything instead of just performing a song" on the show. Like I said, she's not able to perform either new songs live and she will not be doing an old song by itself.

And you know Madonna, the Howard Stern show isnt too far away from Letterman.....Just sayin. :dazed:

I wish Madonna WOULD go on Howard. He would ask all those blatant questions that everyone else is too pussy to ask...that's probably why she'll never go on there. I wish she had more of a sense of humor about herself cuz Howard Stern + Madonna could be one of the best radio interviews of all time.

Danny, what do you mean "she's not able to"? Why couldn't she perform "Celebration"? It may not be the best showcase, but what would prevent her from doing it, other than lack of interest?

In any event, Connick will be the musical guest, not our Madge. She'll probably just have 10-12 minutes of actual interview (with Harreslon appearing, too).

Those aren't challening songs, vocally, so why would Madge need to lip-synch? I know backing tracks were used for those other couple songs, but she has sung them live at some point, hasn't she?

It's a moot point, anyways- she won't be performing. She just doesn't like doing so much outside of tours, especially nowadays.

Oprah, Oprah, Oprah.... she needs to do Oprah or Ellen....

Why? I think David Letterman is a great show for her. Oprah and Ellen seem to appeal to an older more conservative audience partly because they are on during the day. Letterman appeals to a younger trendier audience because it's on later at night. I don't think the housewives who watch Oprah and Ellen care about Madonna.

I detest Howard Stern. I find him very sexist and disrespectful to women. I would be disappointed if she was on his show.

... than doing album promo.

Actually, I was talking about the promotion of the latest single, not primarily the album.

Just today I read a very interesting article about how the singles market is still very very strong, in spite of the albums selling less than ever.

And since on her tours she's performing singles as well, I still feel like she should do her best to promote her singles.

For example, I don't understand why she didn't promote Hung Up in the US, but insisted on singing it on numerous European shows. Obviously, Europe is a more important market for her, but I don't see why she can't do things properly in the US for once.

Congratulations on the record shattering tour.... a title she didn't have in the past, when it, conveniently, didn't seem to matter.

Actually, I was talking about the promotion of the latest single, not primarily the album.

Just today I read a very interesting article about how the singles market is still very very strong, in spite of the albums selling less than ever.

And since on her tours she's performing singles as well, I still feel like she should do her best to promote her singles.

For example, I don't understand why she didn't promote Hung Up in the US, but insisted on singing it on numerous European shows. Obviously, Europe is a more important market for her, but I don't see why she can't do things properly in the US for once.

Congratulations on the record shattering tour.... a title she didn't have in the past, when it, conveniently, didn't seem to matter.

Actually, Confessions was record shattering, and so was Reinvention. She's held the title for a while now.

The reason she's promoted so heavilly in Europe, is because she's still strong and relevant in that market. She also lived in the UK for years, so it was more convenient for her to do things there. Even though she's back in the U.S., I still don't see her doing much more promo, beyond interviews...particularly for this Celebration project.

i agree. oprah would rock the sales..... But letterman will be a better interview.

im still really surprised that Madonna ( the supposed perfectionist) would allow a sub-standard quality realease in her

own name. Yes, i know its her last Warner release, but its still her own career moving 4ward. And to go to the trouble

of commissioing Lil Wayne on the track and then letting a unmastered edit of the song to be pressed. its all just bizarre.

The power of Oprah!!!! Go on a show to promote something and expect good sales.

I'm not fond of the Celebration CD with those errors and won't buy it. Maybe the casual fans

won't notice and buy this collection since it's aim at them just as long as they have a Madonna hits

CD it's all good.

Actually, Confessions was record shattering, and so was Reinvention. She's held the title for a while now.

of course, I was taking those two into consideration as well... but she had a career well before 2004.

And Blond Ambition wasn't even in the top10 tours of the year back then. Thank God she had the charts back then, right?

of course, I was taking those two into consideration as well... but she had a career well before 2004.

And Blond Ambition wasn't even in the top10 tours of the year back then. Thank God she had the charts back then, right?

Touring is where the serious money is these days, and Madonna is a TOURING ARTIST. Radio will NEVER AGAIN EMBRACE HER, and performing live on talk shows is not gonna get her another #1. The youngsters are not interested in her at all for the most part, so why should she compete with Lady Gaga, who is young and actually needs the publicity?

Madonna fans are so strange sometimes. It's like they only love something if she promotes the hell out of it. I don't love or hate her music based on airplay and spins on the radio....or chart status.

Touring is where the serious money is these days, and Madonna is a TOURING ARTIST. Radio will NEVER AGAIN EMBRACE HER, and performing live on talk shows is not gonna get her another #1. The youngsters are not interested in her at all for the most part, so why should she compete with Lady Gaga, who is young and actually needs the publicity?

afrolito, please don't make such generalizations. It's funny how americans seem to extrapolate USA tendencies to other countries. Madonna is still huge in EU, not to mention other parts of the world. And for the record, the European Union is more populated and wealthier in nominal and per capita figures than the USA. Celebration is faring well here with heavy airplay and massive TV exposure. Tune in to MTV UK or other european music stations, where the video is A-listed and tops fun-made charts.

Guest hot revolver

afrolito, please don't make such generalizations. It's funny how americans seem to extrapolate USA tendencies to other countries. Madonna is still huge in EU, not to mention other parts of the world. And for the record, the European Union is more populated and wealthier in nominal and per capita figures than the USA. Celebration is faring well here with heavy airplay and massive TV exposure. Tune in to MTV UK or other european music stations, where the video is A-listed and tops fun-made charts.

yea he thinks he is educated when it comes to these things but he is simply not

its still important for madonna to make appearances it really is so we can all see her

:clap:

so true

people should stop comment about Europe when they know absolutely nothing about it... Madonna is a big name in Europe and not just a touring act. Radio still care and people in general still care.

...as for the US we won't see radio embracing her stuff no matter how much she might promote it.

Promoting might help album sales though, so it's not like she shouldn't promote at all just because US radio is fucked up. Actually it's even more important to make some sort of promotion because she has no other canals than herself appearing on stuff to promote, since radio won't do.

I realize english isn't your first language, but where did I make generalizations about Europe??? My post was in response to promo in the U.S. and her status here. This thread is about her appearing on Letterman, which is an american talk show the last I checked.

:clap:

so true

people should stop comment about Europe when they know absolutely nothing about it... Madonna is a big name in Europe and not just a touring act. Radio still care and people in general still care.

...as for the US we won't see radio embracing her stuff no matter how much she might promote it.

Promoting might help album sales though, so it's not like she shouldn't promote at all just because US radio is fucked up. Actually it's even more important to make some sort of promotion because she has no other canals than herself appearing on stuff to promote, since radio won't do.

Your post would make a lot more sense if you actually had read what I wrote....instead of jumping to your usual stupid conclusions.

LMFAO!....Your MORONIC posts about america, and american radio, are PRICELESS. :lmao: