US promotion of Celebration

motherandfather03

OK, so the only promo I have seen/heard about so far has been:

1. her my-space and facebook pages

2. the murals in LA

3. KTU (NY radio) had a madonna weekend and was giving away the CD and a chance to win the back catalogue and a trip to miami. And for real, it was an awseome weekend. Every half hour was a different M song from the collection. DJ's were constantly talking about it.

other than that, i haven't seen anything. Please share if any members have encountered any Celebration Promo in the states. Has anyone heard of the so called "major television appearances" that were supposed to occur.

We got one week left before the CD comes out, and sadly I don't think anyone knows it's coming out.

Guest dicktracy

There's a rumour about SNL. Other than that they're promoting the album on Facebook in the UK... not sure if any online promotions are happening over here.

She is MSN Artist of the Month. Other than that, nothing's really been announced.

In he past, she's usually at least had a hit single, and she's never really done first-week promo for albums- and this is a GH, anyhow.

With Immaculate, she had the JML flap to boost interest.

Guest Pud Whacker

who cares its been established nobodys buying it because theres a blip on music and they didnt use the rock my cock radio edit of erotica. :rotfl:

10 million copies of a greatest hits cd is incredible in the US - don't expect huge numbers - the general public already have what they want...and that doesn't mean people should be disappointed - unless she reaches a new audience (which she hasn't in the last decade), there is no significant market for this album - just as there wasn't one for GHV2.

Guest Pud Whacker

The whole thing's ruined for me now, Pud! I'm not buying it without the Rock My Cock Radio Edit!

yeah, its a real let down. also, why is burning up even on there? so stupid. :ass:

yeah, its a real let down. also, why is burning up even on there? so stupid. :ass:

Well, I have to admit that I initially questioned the inclusion of "Burning Up." Felt it would make the CD heavy-handed with first album tracks. But hearing it in the context of the rest of the songs, it belongs there. :bow:

Guest Pud Whacker

Well, I have to admit that I initially questioned the inclusion of "Burning Up." Felt it would make the CD heavy-handed with first album tracks. But hearing it in the context of the rest of the songs, it belongs there. :bow:

of course. the track listing is impeccable. the way one song segues into the next. very carefully thought out and the best of choices. i was very worried about like a virgin and material girl, being so played out, but are perfectly placed to hear how brilliant they are. the high pitched voice ending of everybody into virgin is brilliant - that first section right before virgin are the songs that the world loved. then the second batch is all her hard vocals - borderline, secret, etc. so interesting. i can go on and on but i wont bore you. :lol:

i was so excited listening to it.

the pounding of dress you up to the drums of material girl into the sensual percussion of la isla...genius. they fit those songs perfectly.

of course. the track listing is impeccable. the way one song segues into the next. very carefully thought out and the best of choices. i was very worried about like a virgin and material girl, being so played out, but are perfectly placed to hear how brilliant they are. the high pitched voice ending of everybody into virgin is brilliant - that first section right before virgin are the songs that the world loved. then the second batch is all her hard vocals - borderline, secret, etc. so interesting. i can go on and on but i wont bore you. :lol:

i was so excited listening to it.

the pounding of dress you up to the drums of material girl into the sensual percussion of la isla...genius. they fit those songs perfectly.

Wait a minute!!

The songs on the collection are mixed together ala COADF??

That'd be cool tho. Like a huge continued-party, like those 80's megamixes.

YES!! One long "celebration" of music! And If I recall there were rumors at some point that it would be one continuous mix. It would be awesome to hear all of the classics mixed together. Maybe by Stuart??

Someone Tweet Guy....we need an alternate mix of the album ASAP!!! :lol:

Why isn't Madonna appearing on 'Oprah' this week? She should be on 'Oprah'! That would guarantee some excellent first-week sales.Whitney and Mariah recently appeared on Oprah,why can't Madonna??? I'm beginning to wonder if Madonna believes that TV appearances are beneath her.She's not doing alot of promotion for her recent projects.

don't forget, mario lopez mentioned it on the dance show he hosts. brilliant promo! NOT!!! don't get wb. their movie side of the house is spot on. what's wrong with their music side???????????????? it use to be great and groovy.

:vanitybonet:

Madonna should do something. Hell even Patty Duke is doing promo for her upcoming DVD release.