Madonna on "Saturday Night Live"?

HolidayGuy

Matt R. at Boy Culture- who also reported on Madge being at the VMAs- has heard something.

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2009/09/live-from-new-york-itsmadonna.html

Here are the set musical guests, through October 17-

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26:

Guest Host: Megan Fox

Musical Guest: U2

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3:

Guest Host: Ryan Reynolds

Musical Guest: Lady Gaga

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10:

Guest Host: Drew Barrymore

Musical Guest: Regina Spektor

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17:

Guest Host: Gerard Butler

Musical Guest: Shakira

If it's late October/early November, a little late to promote a new track (unless "Revolver" miraculously took off). Then again, she could perform a couple classics, as it's a hits album. This project importanly needs to be an long-term success for WB and Madonna.

From Perez...

wenn2573143mad__opt1.jpg

Could it be?

Is Madonna making a return to Saturday Night Live?

Reports are that the Queen of Pop will be appearing on SNL some time this season!

She's apparently set to make her return after 16 years and word has it she'll likely be performing. Though execs are trying to have her do both, perform and host.

We think she should do it all!! Just no cameos by Jesus Luz, please - unless he's shirtless and doesn't speak

Guest bluejean

It would be great if she did both.

How many songs do they normally sing? 2?

I'd sat Revolver and an early classic like Lucky Star would be the best option.

Guest chatty kathy

Lots of Madonna fans were really excited when they heard Madonna was supposed to host and perform on Saturday Night Live. The woman hasn't shown a sense of humor in years, so this would have been a perfect opportunity to prove she is still human.

Madonna's Saturday Night Live appearance would have been a perfect opportunity to promote Celebration, a worthwhile greatest hits set that nobody seems to know about because Madonna doesn't believe in promoting her albums anymore. What went wrong?

A source tells us that in order to perform two songs (one would have been an acoustic 'Live to Tell"), Madonna needed far more rehearsal time on SNL's stage than they would have allowed. She also allegedly refused to rehearse on a Friday for some reason. Eventually, SNL decided that she wasn't worth the trouble and Madonna, being the absolute perfectionist, decided that it wasn't worth it either.

Instead, fans will be able to "enjoy" Madonna's appearance on David Letterman this Wednesday. We can already predict what she'll talk about: Kaballah, kids, Michael Jackson, Israel, and Lady Gaga. Oh, she might even talk about the Celebration album!

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-21081-Indianapolis-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m9d27-Madonna-Saturday-Night-Live-deal-falls-through

:thumbsdown: Tough author! "Expert at no promotion", OK that's debatable.

"The woman hasn't shown a sense of humor in years", OK that's debatable too!

I only posted this so we didn't all get out hopes up for SNL!

Lots of Madonna fans were really excited when they heard Madonna was supposed to host and perform on Saturday Night Live. The woman hasn't shown a sense of humor in years, so this would have been a perfect opportunity to prove she is still human.

Madonna's Saturday Night Live appearance would have been a perfect opportunity to promote Celebration, a worthwhile greatest hits set that nobody seems to know about because Madonna doesn't believe in promoting her albums anymore. What went wrong?

A source tells us that in order to perform two songs (one would have been an acoustic 'Live to Tell"), Madonna needed far more rehearsal time on SNL's stage than they would have allowed. She also allegedly refused to rehearse on a Friday for some reason. Eventually, SNL decided that she wasn't worth the trouble and Madonna, being the absolute perfectionist, decided that it wasn't worth it either.

Instead, fans will be able to "enjoy" Madonna's appearance on David Letterman this Wednesday. We can already predict what she'll talk about: Kaballah, kids, Michael Jackson, Israel, and Lady Gaga. Oh, she might even talk about the Celebration album!

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-21081-Indianapolis-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m9d27-Madonna-Saturday-Night-Live-deal-falls-through

:thumbsdown: Tough author! "Expert at no promotion", OK that's debatable.

"The woman hasn't shown a sense of humor in years", OK that's debatable too!

I only posted this so we didn't all get out hopes up for SNL!

oh there that one goes...

Guest bluejean

As much as I would have loved an acoustic Live To Tell, I really don't believe that.

Why would Madonna do an acoustic song to promote Celebration? It would be easy to put together but it doesn't really fit the celebration theme.

As much as I would have loved an acoustic Live To Tell, I really don't believe that.

Why would Madonna do an acoustic song to promote Celebration? It would be easy to put together but it doesn't really fit the celebration theme.

precisely, my dear....