DJ Frankie Tweets CONSTANTLY about Revolver

Flip The Switch

I'm going to be the lone ranger here and say Warner probably had nothing to do with it. If Madonna is a co-producer on this with Frank E, then they both share the blame. It's not like Warner forced her to mix it that way, why on earth would they? I'm pretty sure Madonna has final approval of what goes on the album, but once again Warner takes the fall.

I am actually kind of surprised sometimes of how people are quick to blame a faceless label when Madonna is the one who has been calling the shots for quite some time.

I won't deny they've made mistakes as a business entity, but overall, this GH project has turned out to be more than any of us thought. We got a pretty comprehensive collection, TWO new songs - plus a bonus track of an old one, a new video, and IMO a pretty damn good packaging design. This artist-label relationship could've very well ended like it did with Prince - with no effort being made to give something of any quality to the fans.

As Madonna fans, I think we are getting a lot more than we could've hoped for a year ago.

Guest thehiltonsuite

That's just like VOICES on Hard Candy. Something was wrong with it and they should have fixed it! That's one of the best songs on that album. Madonna needs to take more care in her music! That's just lazy and sloppy. She has enough money, quit trying to be so efficient and quick with everything.

so does this mean the low vocals is an error in production?

i knew the vocals were not LOUD ENUFF on my 1st listen to the 30 second clip.

i was like "what the hell? this must be a rough cut"

I WAS SOOOO EXCITED but THE PRODUCTION may have ruined the chance of a monster hit,

i STILL LOVE THIS SONG tho s171.gif

DJFRANKE Madonna fans!! HELP!! Please tweet @guyoseary and M and ask them to let me fix Revolver!! :) thanks!! You're amazing fans!!

If someone is willing to fix it/make it better why would they/Madonna be against that?

Revolver is an AMAZING track its great the way it is but if someone says they can improve it I say let them :thumbsup:

I notice the vocals are a bit low but its not to the point where we cant hear her or anything lol, its not THAT bad.

I still hope we get a video!

sorry to post again here, but seriously? what can he do to fix it? the cd's are pressed, some even sold in some countries... the download's are set, that's how we got the preview... as the single maybe? but isn't that a slap to the people who did buy the cd, to say "ah, the right and proper version is not the album one."

as madonna said in hollywood: "check it out... this bird has flown."

Guest beachboi-69

That's just like VOICES on Hard Candy. Something was wrong with it and they should have fixed it! That's one of the best songs on that album. Madonna needs to take more care in her music! That's just lazy and sloppy. She has enough money, quit trying to be so efficient and quick with everything.

I thought perhaps the leaked version of "Revolver" was just bad quality without the louder Vocals.

I agree about "Voices" there is something seriously wrong with that recording it sounds unpolished and distored not in a good intentional way.

...someone explain what's wrong with voices? i'm listening to it... it sounds like an album closer, and appropriately dramatic, but what's "wrong" with it?

There's a lot of distortion on the bass. Almost makes it sound like you're blowing out your speakers.

But I well and truly believe they meant for it to sound that way, and that it's not a mixing or mastering error.

There's a lot of distortion on the bass. Almost makes it sound like you're blowing out your speakers.

But I well and truly believe they meant for it to sound that way, and that it's not a mixing or mastering error.

That's the reason I never listen to Voices. I tried it a few times but it sounds awful imo.

sorry to post again here, but seriously? what can he do to fix it? the cd's are pressed, some even sold in some countries... the download's are set, that's how we got the preview... as the single maybe? but isn't that a slap to the people who did buy the cd, to say "ah, the right and proper version is not the album one."

as madonna said in hollywood: "check it out... this bird has flown."

So true. What can he do now? I think he's smoking too much pot. Why didn't he start this Twitter campaign months ago?

I agree about "Voices" there is something seriously wrong with that recording it sounds unpolished and distored not in a good intentional way.

I love "Voices" - everything. The way it sounds and the way it is produced - which is not an accident.

DJFRANKE Madonna fans!! HELP!! Please tweet @guyoseary and M and ask them to let me fix Revolver!! :) thanks!! You're amazing fans!!

Wow....! He doesn't seem to have a clue about how things work, does he? How old is he??? If he really thinks that encouraging Madonna's fans to harass her management about his production work is going to get him what he wants, he's slightly delusional! The question still remains - why did he submit a version that he wasn't happy with to Warners in the first place?! It's not as though they would have remixed it and lowered the volume of the vocals before they pressed the CDs, so why didn't he notice the "problem" before he submitted the mix? This will reflect poorly on him as a producer, so as I've said before, he's probably reacting the criticism and going into damage control.

I agree Carta, Frank E is being silly. It's possible he wanted to mix it a different way than the end product (something like "Express Yourself", where Madonna and Bray had a disagreement), but that doesn't mean he should turn fans against Madonna's management after millions of copies were sent to stores already.

Safe to say: Frank E won't be producing Madonna's next album.

Is it possible that Madonna told Warner to keep the vocals as is? I also read somewhere that Warner pushed Hard Candy to be a hip hop type album when Madonna really wanted something along the lines of Confessions. I think it was a Pet Shop Boys interview. She said she would like to do more electronic music in the future. I don't care for Revolver anyway. It sounds too Brittney IMO, and the Lil' Wayne part is god awful and pointless. What a way to ruin the "Celebration"

Is it possible that Madonna told Warner to keep the vocals as is? I also read somewhere that Warner pushed Hard Candy to be a hip hop type album when Madonna really wanted something along the lines of Confessions. I think it was a Pet Shop Boys interview. She said she would like to do more electronic music in the future. I don't care for Revolver anyway. It sounds too Brittney IMO, and the Lil' Wayne part is god awful and pointless. What a way to ruin the "Celebration"

You're mixing things up again. PSB said they were contacted by Warner to submit tracks for Madonna but soon after they were told the project is taking a new direction, which PSB labeled as "shoving down the R&B" route. Madonna NEVER talked about doing something along the lines of COADF, she only talked about wanting Justin's FS/LS sound.

It is possible she wanted the vocals like that though and I'm pretty sure she considers this song as electronic music as well.

I would bet that Madonna is pleased with her vocals on this song.She doesn't have a problem with the song at all.Frankie is just paranoid and wants to go back and work on it a little more,but if Madonna doesn't have a problem with it,then he shouldn't either.Just take the paycheck and be glad that you were given a job! No need for him to act like a crybaby about it.

Frankie is annoying! He fucked it up and should never work with Madonna again.

did he fuck it up or did Warner pull a fast one by deciding to use an unfinished work in progress version.

either way, the sad part is Madonna had the final say...and she was ok with the final shit mix ?