CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

In the original 2:56 is where the build up for whooo yooo-you cant get away i wont let you... begins, but that whole part gets cut and they paste the chorus right after point of yoooooo(2:55). it's very abrupt.

But after a few spins the ear gets used to it...most folks wont even notice specially those that haven't heard the song since 1989

Seriously, "abrupt"?? I don't think so. It's quite a smooth transition, and I wouldn't have even thought about it unless someone pointed it out. For the majority, I'm betting they think the same.

Not a matter that I don't notice or don't care... In fact, I care a lot about this release. I've listened over and over, and I am not hearing what these people are complaining about. I am not the only one. Therefore, whether it's there or not, I don't see it as a big deal as some who have definitely jumped on this on-going bandwagon to trash everything Madonna does.

And I am sorry, but the negative buzz is created by fans. The fans who claim to hear these "glitches". Let's remember there are many of us who don't hear it, or don't see it as a big deal. As stated before, this is quite minimal and I think some people are just being quite anal. And I honestly cannot fathom a fan (such as myself) passing this release up simply because what Mattress has posted WHICH some have claimed to do so. That my friend is based on what Mattress posted and that my friend is creating a negative buzz especially when it's passed around.

I like to once again clarify... I have nothing against Mattress. I just don't agree with his assessment just like many others. So it basically comes down to agreeing to disagree. And most of all, I am going to buy this release and enjoy it. Pity others let these minor so called glitches which to me sounds like you really have to be paying close attention to really notice them since I certainly cannot hear them, yet these people are passing on what is one of her best compilations ever. Even if the mistakes are there, as others pointed out, there are far many pluses to the album for me to enjoy it without thinking it ruins the album.

I don't think being an audiophile classifies as anal.

Seriously, "abrupt"?? I don't think so. It's quite a smooth transition, and I wouldn't have even thought about it unless someone pointed it out. For the majority, I'm betting they think the same.

it is if you know it's coming and i also wrote this...

But after a few spins the ear gets used to it...most folks wont even notice specially those that haven't heard the song since 1989

it is if you know it's coming and i also wrote this...

Bold... not true! I am sure many who have heard it over and over since 1989, wouldn't have really noticed or even cared.

I don't think being an audiophile classifies as anal.

Sorry. I disagree! Anyone who spent that much time dissecting it and was insisting to alert everyone about it, is quite "anal". I really am not making it sound like a bad thing. We all can get "anal" about many things in life, but honestly, a Greatest Hits Madonna CD! Give me a break!!

Anyway, carry on. All I know is that I am enjoying it and will always enjoy it. I have the original versions, so if it bothered me that much, I'd just go back and listen to them. But I certainly wouldn't chuck nearly 30 years of appreciation for Madonna over this silly nonsense. And yes, it's silly!! That's all!

Anyone who spent that much time dissecting it and was insisting to alert everyone about it, is quite "anal". I really am not making it sound like a bad thing. We all can get "anal" about many things in life, but honestly, a Greatest Hits Madonna CD! Give me a break!

:thumbsup: well said

Guest ursaminorjim

...I certainly wouldn't chuck nearly 30 years of appreciation for Madonna over this silly nonsense.

Huh? :blink: Who's doing that?

You're happy with Celebration? Great. Feel free to stop holding those who disagree in judgement.

I don't really care about this GH CD since I know nobody really gave a shit about it (Madonna and Warner). It was basically a half-assed effort that was slapped together at the last minute. I'm sure there will be another one coming out in 10-20 years - hopefully that one will be done with much more care. But what to call people anal for having high standards for music is ridiculous. With today's technology there is NO EXCUSE for shoddy production. You may not be able to hear the difference on a standard system or headphones but on a high-end audio system the difference - particularly if you have a good ear - is considerable if not huge. Also, what is this about spelling mistakes and errors in the credits? That is just not acceptable at all - for any reputable company this is a disaster and embarrassing. Some people may be able to just accept any half-assed effort some multimillion dollar corporation shoves down their throat but the ones with class expect more from them or they can go bankrupt like any other company would.

Huh? :blink: Who's doing that?

You're happy with Celebration? Great. Feel free to stop holding those who disagree in judgement.

LOL! Uhhhh, you are a fine one to talk! :D

Bold... not true! I am sure many who have heard it over and over since 1989, wouldn't have really noticed or even cared.

Sorry. I disagree! Anyone who spent that much time dissecting it and was insisting to alert everyone about it, is quite "anal". I really am not making it sound like a bad thing. We all can get "anal" about many things in life, but honestly, a Greatest Hits Madonna CD! Give me a break!!

Anyway, carry on. All I know is that I am enjoying it and will always enjoy it. I have the original versions, so if it bothered me that much, I'd just go back and listen to them. But I certainly wouldn't chuck nearly 30 years of appreciation for Madonna over this silly nonsense. And yes, it's silly!! That's all!

+1!!!! I wouldn't either.

what i wanna know is, does madonna retain control over her songs up to now or do these stay with warner? and what of songs in "the vault," does madge get to bury them forever now or can warner say "fuck her, she's gone, this is a goldmine" and do a b-sides or rarities / unreleased collection?

and does warner get to release more stuff after her exit?

oh, i'd love represses of the ROL and later years with "new" (unreleased from the session) songs. MAKE IT SO!

Nope! Not even worth it! Nice sign though!

Dude, i totally get that you're wanting to be all positive and pink elephants and lemonade about this, but wasn't it obvious from the thread title that this wasn't a discussion you were going to enjoy? Move on, create a positive thread about how much you love this project if that's what you need. Neither side of this is going to change any minds...at all.

what i wanna know is, does madonna retain control over her songs up to now or do these stay with warner? and what of songs in "the vault," does madge get to bury them forever now or can warner say "fuck her, she's gone, this is a goldmine" and do a b-sides or rarities / unreleased collection?

oh, i'd love represses of the ROL and later years with "new" (unreleased from the session) songs. MAKE IT SO!

Oh, I don't think anyone knows the actual legalities of this, but I'm betting Madonna played it smart and retains control over her songs. I know I would if I were her. And the songs which have been registered is definitely up for grabs, but I'm betting Warners will have to get Madonna's permission as well. The songs never registered are not under Warner obligation. With that said, there are reports of many unreleased songs, so it would be interesting to see if Warners pushes for an album of rarities.

We'll just have to wait and see though. I'm betting though Madonna isn't going to let them whore her out at any old time. No doubt, she'll only do it if it financially works for her without compromising her artistic integrity.

Dude, i totally get that you're wanting to be all positive and pink elephants and lemonade about this, but wasn't it obvious from the thread title that this wasn't a discussion you were going to enjoy? Move on, create a positive thread about how much you love this project if that's what you need. Neither side of this is going to change any minds...at all.

LOL! Not trying to change anyone's minds. Just offering my perspective just like the others who don't agree. It's called a discussion. That's what we do at message boards.

Go figure, I am being positive, but told to move on!! LOL!

Sorry! But, from the way I understand it, Madonna Nation is a diverse forum for everyone's opinions. We have a right to "disagree[/i" in whatever threads we want. We have a right to be "positive" if we want too and people don't need to make fun saying it's "pink elephants", etc. If people like the CD the way it is and they hear it differently, they have a right say so and post on it in this thread.

I went out for a drink with a friend tonight - a friend who likes Madonna but is nowhere near the loon I am (he hasn't heard her first few albums, for example). We got to chatting about 'Celebration' and, apropos of nothing, he said that he absolutely loved the new version of 'Express Yourself' and it made him dance around his flat. It was the only song he specifically mentioned.

So there you go.

:rotfl:

Oh, I don't think anyone knows the actual legalities of this, but I'm betting Madonna played it smart and retains control over her songs. I know I would if I were her. And the songs which have been registered is definitely up for grabs, but I'm betting Warners will have to get Madonna's permission as well. The songs never registered are not under Warner obligation. With that said, there are reports of many unreleased songs, so it would be interesting to see if Warners pushes for an album of rarities.

We'll just have to wait and see though. I'm betting though Madonna isn't going to let them whore her out at any old time. No doubt, she'll only do it if it financially works for her without compromising her artistic integrity.

i just wanna see liquid love be appreciated by the masses, damn it. and though it's unlikely since someone else has recorded most of them, the "trinity" from ROL sessions of revenge, like a flower, and gone, gone, gone... and i wanna see across the sky and la petit and other mythical unreleased beasts... in that one respect, i hope there's power left in warner to do it, and she didn't take the keys with her when she jumped out of the car.

Guest ursaminorjim

I'm sure Warners owns the masters, but I think Madonna has final say on any releases after her departure.

i just wanna see liquid love be appreciated by the masses, damn it. and though it's unlikely since someone else has recorded most of them, the "trinity" from ROL sessions of revenge, like a flower, and gone, gone, gone... and i wanna see across the sky and la petit and other mythical unreleased beasts... in that one respect, i hope there's power left in warner to do it, and she didn't take the keys with her when she jumped out of the car.

Oh, I just feel that she isn't going let Warner whore her out as long as she's alive. As for the appreciation from the masses for demos and unreleases, that is highly unlikely for any artist. But it's always a treat for die hard fans like us. ;)

Oh, I just feel that she isn't going let Warner whore her out as long as she's alive. As for the appreciation from the masses for demos and unreleases, that is highly unlikely for any artist. But it's always a treat for die hard fans like us. ;)

ok, maybe appreciation is a lot to ask. how about cd quality, standardized and legitimated final versions of these gems that were seen as left behind?

I have read lots of these opinions and of course everyone has one. So, I thought I would just throw in mine. You know, for better or worse, I have been a fan of Madonna for a very long time - probably one of the few constants I've had in my life since the early 80s. Now, I know we are "just" talking about a greatest hits CD and DVD. And, I know that everyone can't be pleased. The only thing I can think of is that we ALL knew that the relationship that Madonna had with WB would end and result in a final GH. We have been hearing about that for a long time. As far as the CD goes, she has included lots of her hits, which we hoped would be remastered, from the original LP version or single versions, with superb sound quality. I mean, this is almost 2010, right? Is there any reason that it shouldn't be? Regarding the DVD, some of us hoped that we would see clips that we hadn't seen since the last time VH1 had a Madonna weekend - which was about 1998 or so. Maybe they will also be remastered, possibly on blu-ray, and maybe we would get to finally have on dvd for the first time the uncensored versions of JML, Erotica, and AL. Now that seems to be up in the air (OK, we know that AL is out.) What about a DVD that just included JML, Erotica, AL and WIFLFAG and have it stickered?

I am buying the Celebration single, as well as the 2 CD and DVD sets, but is it possible that WB dropped the ball? Is it possible that the fans are expecting too much? Maybe it is "yes" to both. I am by no means an audiophile, but I do like for things to be correct. It almost seems like if you can't get the details right, you didn't care very much about it to begin with. We are Madonna fans. Some of us hang on her every word, and some of us love to bitch about her. If there are issues with the CD and DVD, I wish they had started a long time ago in preparing for this release so that Madonna got the send off that she truly deserves from WB. She's not just some middle-aged woman to me. She's the Queen of Pop.

Edited by charger

Someone needs to do a probing Attitude-style interview with her again about the music and say "bytch, when are we getting all the stuff from the vaults".

agreed. cmon madonna... the beatles had their anthology, complete with 'new' songs... all that time they were gone and it sold like mad. and they rerelease on 09.09.09 all their old stuff, sold extremely well. both of these should be done here and not 30 years LATER...

Sorry! But, from the way I understand it, Madonna Nation is a diverse forum for everyone's opinions. We have a right to "disagree[/i" in whatever threads we want. We have a right to be "positive" if we want too and people don't need to make fun saying it's "pink elephants", etc. If people like the CD the way it is and they hear it differently, they have a right say so and post on it in this thread.

:lmao: Good lord. How old are you, 10?

I wasn't expressing a problem with anyone being positive about this project...just wondering why you waste your time going back and forth with people who you damn well know are not going to give an inch. Just seems a little monotonous and tiresome. Anyway, as pud would say, "Glow on."

Madonna can do no wrong. Her queefs smell of jasmine. Enjoy!