CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

probably lol. so let's hope they fuck up the ones that are already released on 93:99 (not the ones on TIC, those videos really need a remaster) or the ones that are easy to find online. hehe.

:lmao:

I hope the Patty Duke dvd set isn't fucked up also! :dramatic:

There will be no fuck-ups on next week's release of THE PATTY DUKE SHOW: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

DVD box set. It will be remastered with EVERY UNCUT SEASON 1 EPISODES and a bonus feature too boot.

I would rather spend my money on this than a fucked up CD IMO.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

There will be no fuck-ups on next week's release of THE PATTY DUKE SHOW: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

DVD box set. It will be remastered with EVERY UNCUT SEASON 1 EPISODES and a bonus feature too boot.

:rotfl:

I've no idea who Patty Duke is.

Best known as an Oscar winner for The Miracle Worker, widely acclaimed as one of the best ever child performances.

Live It Up, this is really getting too much.. that joke isn't funny anymore! Confine your Patty shyt to your thread or I'll suspend you. Warn level raised!

*takes off fake mod cap*

And yet another graduate of Missing the Point college! :lol:

I thought the point was pretty clear, by versions l mean the mastering quality not the song choice.

Fact is hardly anyone else has or will notice any errors if that is indeed what they are but many will jump on your bandwagon to trash Madonna. Who says the sounds you dont like were not intentional by the people involved.

From experience with anal sound and tech people it would not matter what was done, unless you had the master tapes and did it yourself it could always be done better. There is a little something called perspective but instead of being rational and pointing out a few very technical flaws the impression is the entire album is a mess when there is so much to appreciate.

I have a crap stereo and it sounds fantastic.

Guest ursaminorjim

Fact is hardly anyone else has or will notice any errors if that is indeed what they are but many will jump on your bandwagon to trash Madonna. Who says the sounds you dont like were not intentional by the people involved.

My "bandwagon?" :blink:

Sure, I have issues with a lot of Madonna's work, but I'm not here to trash her. If anything I'm defending her - she has this incredible body of work, boiled down to a thoughtfully chosen selection of two disc's worth of moments from three decades. And I'm pissed because it wasn't handled with the care it so richly deserves. But I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater at all.

I just think it's probably safe to say that the numerous technical and editing errors aren't intentional.

I have a crap stereo and it sounds fantastic.

Best. Sentence. Ever. :D:clap:

Here's a brief article from The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/nov/21/new-order-reissues-recalled

Statement from the label: "Warner Bros. UK, Rhino and New Order regret that the initial pressings of the Collector Editions of "Movement", "Power, Corruption & Lies", "Low-Life", "Brotherhood" and "Technique" contain some minor audio problems on the bonus discs. We are now in the process of correcting the problems, but it should be noted that due to the age and condition of some of the original source tapes, the sound quality may vary. A further statement will be issued once the corrected product is available. At that time, the procedure for exchanging CD's will be announced. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this situation."

And I found a thread with the complete list of problems: http://www.neworderonline.com/Forums/MessageList.aspx?ThreadID=43684&PageIndex=1

Damn! Glad I didn't pick those up...thanks for the heads up! :inlove:

But what I find interesting is that there are a number of people who are relying on his word and has decided to pass on the album.

If anyone on here has a word that's deserving of reliance, it's Mattress. That dude does his homework. And I have a copy of the songs from "Celebration" - what he is saying is true. There are some serious edit issues and wonky mastering going on there. I hope attention is brought to WB and that the errors will be fixed... I don't think that's taking away from other fans' enjoyment of the discs.. it's details for the audiophiles.

im not one of these big fans of remastering. i love the deep groove of used vinyl, sometimes remastering is too crisp for my liking. some of my favorite mp3's are the ones i have made from my vinyl.

BUT they did such a lush job on some of the tracks. everybody, into the groove!!!, burning up, SORRY - sorry sounds great!!! frozen sounds amazing! live to tell, too.

of course, i need a few good more complete listens.

Trust me, I'm no mastering fiend. These days, mastering does more bad than good generally. Audiophiles and nerds all over are crying foul over recent mastering botch jobs on Metallica, The Rolling Stones, etc.

Many won't notice it, but I think the mastering messed up Music, ROL, Erotica, among others. When you squish something with EQ and limiters so much, it starts to clip...some mixes just don't respond to modern mastering like others do.

You are right about that crispness that so many mastering people are trying to chase... the result is usually overly-loud, shrill and unlistenable music - often times the original grit from the 80s recording is better!

Still, I'm focusing on the positive with Celebration - Having the ORIGINAL Into The Groove sound so fresh and popping (that BASS!) only reminds me how timeless this song is - it stands up next to ANY classic pop song from its era OR today. Same goes with Burning Up and WOW Everybody... FINALLY they got the mastering on that right. I didn't think the job they did on the First Album remaster really helped it pop enough. THIS one sounds stellar.

Of the more modern tracks, Secret, Beautiful Stranger, Die Another Day and Sorry sound FAB. Really, most of the record sounds fab!

and anyone who's listening to that HINT of AL at the beginning of "Hollywood" is really listening to closely. :lmao: Seriously, focus on the birdies...then jam to a FABULOUS remaster of one of M's most underrated pop tunes!!

EVERYBODY COMES TO HOLLYWOOD! THEY WANNA MAKE IT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

Guest bluejean

I didn't say that. In fact, I am sure it's going to sell pretty decent.

Facts, shmacks.... it's more like nitpicking. I have nothing against Mattress. But what I find interesting is that there are a number of people who are relying on his word and has decided to pass on the album. Sorry dude, but that's creating a "negative buzz", whether he intended it or not. And it seems that there are a lot of hardcore fans like myself who are speaking up now in this thread, who aren't hearing the same things Mattress is stating. In fact, I've noticed a pattern in the negative replies... most of the people who are making negative replies or stating they aren't buying this collection, have been pretty much negative about Madonna more recently anyway. Of course, there are some who are just quite naive and got sucked into the negativity and believes it without hearing it for themselves.

Furthermore, the whole part about hearing the end of "American Life" on "Hollywood" isn't factual. And if the other glitches are there, I don't hear them and even so, what was mentioned was quite minimal to me.

Again, not factual. It's just not a "thread" anymore. Back up and read what some have posted. The one thread has been passed on to other forums, to blogs, to mass emails. I would think that does have some sort of impact whether you want to admit it or not, especially with the internet being a strong medium these days.

Not me! I am not sure what you're listening to, but all those versions sound pretty damn good to me. But hey, if you want to replace them, fine by me. That's your choice.

I have to agree with the sentiment of what some have posted lately. It's a damn shame how some are really nitpicking and making something more than what is there. But then again, most of those people who have done so, do not surprise me for what they are saying. A lot of them have been quite negative and nitpicking for a long long time now.

I actually love all her recent stuff including Hard Candy and the Sticky & Sweet tour so I don't think it's as black and white as lumping people into "negative" and "positive" categories.

Like I said, i'm enjoying the CD's myself. I've had the CD for almost a week now and can hear most of the glitches pointed out, although it doesn't ruin it for me, I would rather it be perfect.

But my point was if the issues weren't there at all (and they shouldn't be if professionals dealt with this release) than there would be no thread from Mattress and no "negative buzz" as you put it. So any blame for loss of sales points to the people who made the errors, not the ones talking about it.

Maybe you don't notice or don't care about afew glitches. That's good for you. But you can't expect mistakes like this to go unnoticed and for everyone to be pretending it doesn't bother them when it does. There are the odd few who are negative people and jumping on the bandwagon. But the vast majority of people complaining just expected pristine quality, that's all. It's not that much to expect from a multi million dollar record company and artist.

The remasters of some of the tracks are great, I'm appreciating backing vocals in Who's That Girl that I didn't even know were there. Unfortunately I have a pair of fabulous Shure headphones which highlight every single one of the problems Mattress mentioned and on some tracks it's distracting to say the least.

I must say that I'm more than a little surprised that someone at management didn't take a couple of hourse to sit down and proof the copy and listen to the CD. I imagine the shit will hit the fan over this, or it should at least; I would be seriously fucked off if I was Guy O.

u dont buy anything Madonna do u anymore?

For the first time ever with Miles Away, I didn't buy a Madonna single but I was confident this would change with the lead single from her GH - it didn't. What's more, I haven't even downloaded Revolver or It's So Cool - it's just not worth bothering anymore given how shit she's become.

Same here!!! :thumbsup:

ALL the complaints about the selected songs in the past 2 months was wrong IMO. This tracklist is BEST!

*agreed*

couple 'new' songs as well...tracklisting is good imo, well maybe apart from perhaps inclusion of 'Take A Bow' and 'Miles Away'...and the omission (as always) of 'True Blue' - the 7" single remix, which i believe has never appeared on CD?

:thumbsup:

I must say that I'm more than a little surprised that someone at management didn't take a couple of hourse to sit down and proof the copy and listen to the CD. I imagine the shit will hit the fan over this, or it should at least; I would be seriously fucked off if I was Guy O.

Bring back Freddy DeMann - this lack of quality control never would have happened under his watch.

:lmao:

It seems to me that some made a big deal with out of the technical problems, way too much I think !

Yes, there are some problems with MUSIC, but it is still enjoyable. It does not spoil the whole thing.

Besides, I thing the remasterisation is fantastic, including for MUSIC (apart from the few clings), it sounds great. That's too bad having these clings, but it can be fixed in the futur,I guess !

Even more unfair is the technical problem reported for HOLLYWOOD. I guess you can only hear the end of AMERICAN LIFE here if you want too...

The real problem for me is the EROTICA edit... here, they did fuck up !

Too bad once again, 'cause it all sounds great.

What a good compilation, and what a great carreer... That's what must be said listening to CELEBRATION !

Edited by From France

I actually love all her recent stuff including Hard Candy and the Sticky & Sweet tour so I don't think it's as black and white as lumping people into "negative" and "positive" categories.

Like I said, i'm enjoying the CD's myself. I've had the CD for almost a week now and can hear most of the glitches pointed out, although it doesn't ruin it for me, I would rather it be perfect.

But my point was if the issues weren't there at all (and they shouldn't be if professionals dealt with this release) than there would be no thread from Mattress and no "negative buzz" as you put it. So any blame for loss of sales points to the people who made the errors, not the ones talking about it.

Maybe you don't notice or don't care about afew glitches. That's good for you. But you can't expect mistakes like this to go unnoticed and for everyone to be pretending it doesn't bother them when it does. There are the odd few who are negative people and jumping on the bandwagon. But the vast majority of people complaining just expected pristine quality, that's all. It's not that much to expect from a multi million dollar record company and artist.

Not a matter that I don't notice or don't care... In fact, I care a lot about this release. I've listened over and over, and I am not hearing what these people are complaining about. I am not the only one. Therefore, whether it's there or not, I don't see it as a big deal as some who have definitely jumped on this on-going bandwagon to trash everything Madonna does.

And I am sorry, but the negative buzz is created by fans. The fans who claim to hear these "glitches". Let's remember there are many of us who don't hear it, or don't see it as a big deal. As stated before, this is quite minimal and I think some people are just being quite anal. And I honestly cannot fathom a fan (such as myself) passing this release up simply because what Mattress has posted WHICH some have claimed to do so. That my friend is based on what Mattress posted and that my friend is creating a negative buzz especially when it's passed around.

I like to once again clarify... I have nothing against Mattress. I just don't agree with his assessment just like many others. So it basically comes down to agreeing to disagree. And most of all, I am going to buy this release and enjoy it. Pity others let these minor so called glitches which to me sounds like you really have to be paying close attention to really notice them since I certainly cannot hear them, yet these people are passing on what is one of her best compilations ever. Even if the mistakes are there, as others pointed out, there are far many pluses to the album for me to enjoy it without thinking it ruins the album.

I have just been reading all the comments on this thread and had not heard any of the songs mentioned with the shitty edidting...

just finished listening to Cherish :scared: @2:55 and 3:33!!!!

it was really awful especially @ the 2:55 mark is like a record skipping(maybe it was intentional to give it an old skool feel)

Now I know what all the fuss is about....WOW

I have just been reading all the comments on this thread and had not heard any of the songs mentioned with the shitty edidting...

it was really awful especially @ the 2:55 mark is like a record skipping(maybe it was intentional to give it an old skool feel)

i'm not hearing it... gosh, i'm about to agree with neutrocks and say (unless i just got a magic fake illicit download) i listened over and over to those spots and found nothing

it´s sounds cheap, but it´s not that bad!

i'm not hearing it... gosh, i'm about to agree with neutrocks and say (unless i just got a magic fake illicit download) i listened over and over to those spots and found nothing

In the original 2:56 is where the build up for whooo yooo-you cant get away i wont let you... begins, but that whole part gets cut and they paste the chorus right after point of yoooooo(2:55). it's very abrupt.

But after a few spins the ear gets used to it...most folks wont even notice specially those that haven't heard the song since 1989