CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

Guest ursaminorjim

That it's inexcusable that there are any mastering errors on a collection of this importance. It's unacceptable. I'm taking no issue with the tracklisting, or the mixes (even the crappy ones :lol: ), or even the artwork. But there's absolutely no reason for even one minor hiccup in a song. None. Period.

I'm not saying there's a need to be insulting to her manager. But there's no need to insult the fans with substandard quality, either.

You can hear past the flaws? That's great for you. But there shouldn't be flaws to hear past.

Guest Pud Whacker

That it's inexcusable that there are any mastering errors on a collection of this importance. It's unacceptable. I'm taking no issue with the tracklisting, or the mixes (even the crappy ones :lol: ), but there's absolutely no reason for even one minor hiccup in a song. None. Period.

I'm not saying there's a need to be insulting to her manager. But there's no need to insult the fans with substandard quality, either.

thats what i was addressing as were you when you said he missed the point because he was talking about SENDING RUDE AND INSULTING MESSAGES. alas, it was you that missed the point. :ass:

because you obviously had ANOTHER point to make. :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

That it's inexcusable that there are any mastering errors on a collection of this importance. It's unacceptable. I'm taking no issue with the tracklisting, or the mixes (even the crappy ones :lol: ), or even the artwork. But there's absolutely no reason for even one minor hiccup in a song. None. Period.

You can hear past the flaws? That's great for you. But there shouldn't be flaws to hear past.

i dont hear any!!! NOT ONE. listen, i live on a busy blvd. i hear the traffic roaring by at all hours of the day. im blasting it from the stereo. nothing has stopped me to say....omg what is that? i just listened to music again to try and find something, of course i have ADD and started doing another 5 things and then i realized the song was over and behold, nothing stood out and stopped me.

im not combing through it in an ipod or anything. maybe thats a different story that ill never have to worry about. i dont plug up my ears.

Guest ursaminorjim

thats what i was addressing as were you when you said he missed the point because he was talking about SENDING RUDE AND INSULTING MESSAGES. alas, it was you that missed the point. :ass:

Well, that wasn't the only point he was making, hon. I was addressing roma's suggestion that there was an issue with the song choices and that he felt it was okay that there are a few sonic flaws.

Guest ursaminorjim

i dont hear any!!! NOT ONE. listen, i live on a busy blvd. i hear the traffic roaring by at all hours of the day. im blasting it from the stereo. nothing has stopped me to say....omg what is that? i just listened to music again to try and find something, of course i have ADD and started doing another 5 things and then i realized the song was over and behold, nothing stood out and stopped me.

im not combing through it in an ipod or anything. maybe thats a different story that ill never have to worry about. i dont plug up my ears.

I'm sure this collection is custom made for people who have ADD. For the rest of us who think her legacy deserves better? I guess we're shit outta luck.

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm sure this collection is custom made for people who have ADD. For the rest of us who think her legacy deserves better? I guess we're shit outta luck.

possibly.

i have music on from the moment i wake until the moment i go to bed. and i go about my business while its playing. i dont sit in a corner and focus on the music. its just there taking me on a trip. :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker

you know, i would really like to say here that im just speaking of my experience.

mattress is and always has been a record collector with a wealth of knowledge on whatever his subject is - especially madonna records. i respect that. and for the other people who are having problems, i respect that theyre unhappy with the collection.

im not telling people to have my experience. and im certainly glad im not having theirs. :lol:

Better luck next time, I hope. A box set down the line?

Guest Pud Whacker

Well, that wasn't the only point he was making, hon. I was addressing roma's suggestion that there was an issue with the song choices and that he felt it was okay that there are a few sonic flaws.

looks like youre an A NUMBER ONE graduate of that college you speak of. :rotfl:

he was saying that just because one doesnt like an edit or mix or whatever on the collection that it doesnt warrant sending vitriolic messages to guy oseary.

Guest ursaminorjim

looks like youre an A NUMBER ONE graduate of that college you speak of. :rotfl:

he was saying that just because one doesnt like an edit or mix or whatever on the collection that it doesnt warrant sending vitriolic messages to guy oseary.

Yes, absolutely - but he also was presenting inaccurate reasoning for the disappointment in Celebration, and suggesting that there was little reason to be upset in the first place. That was what I was addressing.

:thumbsup:

I don't think there should be negativity at all towards the release. It's a fabulous release with a few minor flaws. I do hope that audiophile fans can communicate with Guy and WB (in a constructive adult mannor) and that hopefully those small issues will be resolved in future releases. For now, most people are going to fall into the Pud category of those who just enjoy the music and aren't listening for audio or mastering problems.

I love Mattress's breakdown of the issues too, but I've listened to the collection several times, and the little probs aren't necessarily keeping me from enjoying it. Really, since it's on Itunes, I could just replace the few screwy tracks with versions I prefer anyway.

That said, WOW - Like a Prayer, INTO THE FUCKING GROOVE, Burning UP - there are SOOOO many amazing sounding songs on here. I'm so glad she did this, Celebration, Revulva and all. I can't get enough of it!! :dramatic:

Ps. the tracklisting/sequencing of this collection is SUPERB. regardless of the flaws, the song choices were perfect.

Guest Pud Whacker

:thumbsup:

I don't think there should be negativity at all towards the release. It's a fabulous release with a few minor flaws. I do hope that audiophile fans can communicate with Guy and WB (in a constructive adult mannor) and that hopefully those small issues will be resolved in future releases. For now, most people are going to fall into the Pud category of those who just enjoy the music and aren't listening for audio or mastering problems.

I love Mattress's breakdown of the issues too, but I've listened to the collection several times, and the little probs aren't necessarily keeping me from enjoying it. Really, since it's on Itunes, I could just replace the few screwy tracks with versions I prefer anyway.

That said, WOW - Like a Prayer, INTO THE FUCKING GROOVE, Burning UP - there are SOOOO many amazing sounding songs on here. I'm so glad she did this, Celebration, Revulva and all. I can't get enough of it!! :dramatic:

Ps. the tracklisting/sequencing of this collection is SUPERB. regardless of the flaws, the song choices were perfect.

im not one of these big fans of remastering. i love the deep groove of used vinyl, sometimes remastering is too crisp for my liking. some of my favorite mp3's are the ones i have made from my vinyl.

BUT they did such a lush job on some of the tracks. everybody, into the groove!!!, burning up, SORRY - sorry sounds great!!! frozen sounds amazing! live to tell, too.

of course, i need a few good more complete listens.

That reminds me - Mattress - what was the issue with New Order that you were talking about in that other thread? Just in case you didn't see my question. xoxo

Here's a brief article from The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/nov/21/new-order-reissues-recalled

Statement from the label: "Warner Bros. UK, Rhino and New Order regret that the initial pressings of the Collector Editions of "Movement", "Power, Corruption & Lies", "Low-Life", "Brotherhood" and "Technique" contain some minor audio problems on the bonus discs. We are now in the process of correcting the problems, but it should be noted that due to the age and condition of some of the original source tapes, the sound quality may vary. A further statement will be issued once the corrected product is available. At that time, the procedure for exchanging CD's will be announced. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this situation."

And I found a thread with the complete list of problems: http://www.neworderonline.com/Forums/MessageList.aspx?ThreadID=43684&PageIndex=1

I'm waiting until the 29th to listen and if their are flaws, so be it. Yeah, it sucks that they couldn't have been more careful with their edits/re-mastering, but what good is it going to do to complain? Do you really think they'll do anything about it? ...not likely. Sorry, but i was expecting Warners to fuck this up in some way...it was looking a little too good there for a minute.

lol I'm not even gonna listen to the album, at least no more than maybe 2 times... I'm getting it just because of the beautiful artwork and because well, i CAN'T NOT have this release. This is something i bet a lot of fans will do... Yes, the remaster of most songs is great, so i'm keeping/copying those versions for my computer/ipod. The fucked up tracks: Music, it's a song from 2000, a remaster was not REALLY necessary anyway... Erotica, if i'm not even going to listen to the album, i mean it's easy to fix for my computer/ipod... and Express Yourself... well yeah, that's one hot mess lol but i rarely listen to the Pettibone mix anyway.

So yeah, can't wait to get the 2cd version, the 1cd version and the dvd, hopefully in digipack! :D

Warners screwed up this CD release. The DVD will likely be fucked up too.

Warners screwed up this CD release. The DVD will likely be fucked up too.

probably lol. so let's hope they fuck up the ones that are already released on 93:99 (not the ones on TIC, those videos really need a remaster) or the ones that are easy to find online. hehe.