CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

Rain,

I have another idea for you.

When the DVD of videos comes out, do you think it would be possible to do a remastered version of "Vogue" (album/video version) based upon the audio track from the DVD? After all, the sound on the DVD is supposed to be remastered too.

For those of us who long for a really good remastered version of "Vogue" (album version), that would great!

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Hopefully, when the DVD comes out, I won't have to do any additional remastering. Perhaps I'll just be able to do an audio rip of the DVD tracks and post them in the Multimedia forum. Aren't the videos supposed to be digitally restored as well? Where did I read that? LOL. Let's see what happens to the audio track!

If I ever get that anal, just fucking shoot me.

I don't think it's anal at all...the fans deserve QUALITY rather than a lazily thrown together rehash. At first I was excited about this collection and hoped it would be done properly (with the 7" versions previously unavailable) but I'm afraid I've been let down.

Thank you to Mattress for welcoming me :)

We're gay men -- we're inherently anal. ;)

Maybe I shouldn't use the word anal and shoot in a forum full of gay men. ;)

I don't think it's anal at all...the fans deserve QUALITY rather than a lazily thrown together rehash. At first I was excited about this collection and hoped it would be done properly (with the 7" versions previously unavailable) but I'm afraid I've been let down.

Thank you to Mattress for welcoming me :)

I can understand let down and disappointed. But to comb every strand to over-analyze and nitpick, dear Gawd.

Maybe I shouldn't use the word anal and shoot in a forum full of gay men. ;)

I can understand let down and disappointed. But to comb every strand to over-analyze and nitpick, dear Gawd.

I guess it is simply a matter of opinion. I find Mattress's review to be a very informative and detailed description of the mastering job at hand...and I am thankful for that. I would have been an extremely ill Madgester if I had put out the money and THEN found these things on my own. Let's just hope that these issues are resolved in subsequent pressings...if so, then I will definitely purchase :)

Edited by cherbette

Hopefully, when the DVD comes out, I won't have to do any additional remastering. Perhaps I'll just be able to do an audio rip of the DVD tracks and post them in the Multimedia forum. Aren't the videos supposed to be digitally restored as well? Where did I read that? LOL. Let's see what happens to the audio track!

Great! I'm really looking forward to you posting those--especially "Vogue."

Mattress - your review of the album is spreading all over the net! In several forums, people have said that they're glad they read your review because it's saved them from wasting money on the collection. I don't think this was the effect you wanted to have :(

Guest Pud Whacker

Mattress - your review of the album is spreading all over the net! In several forums, people have said that they're glad they read your review because it's saved them from wasting money on the collection. I don't think this was the effect you wanted to have :(

thats really awful. the internet blows and so do her fans.

i received an email today with the 'news' in it. i just closed it, i was like really?

Some Aussie poof at another forum said some of the tracks on the GH aren't remastered?

sticker on UK 2CD states:

'Digitally re-mastered from the original tapes!'

mmm not sure thats a selling point? betamax or vhs tapes? :)

Justify My Love also has a GLITCH when she says "Tell me your stories" they have increased the volume too much and the result is distortion on the track!

I can't hear that. Maybe you should lower the volume of your speakers!

Mattress, I don't know what are you listening to, but my copy does not have some of the things you describe. For example, Hollywood does not have the fading out of American Life. Die another day and Don't tell me are well edited.

And I don't find so horrendous the changes to the other songs (Express Yourself, Dress you up...). We know these songs so well that we detect every single modification, but it's not THAT bad. It's just DIFFERENT.

You're creating a very big and negative buzz about something that "normal" fans would not have noticed. It's like finding a man with a clock in Spartacus and declaring that it's the worst film ever just because of that.

Edited by MForever

Mattress, I don't know what are you listening to, but my copy does not have some of the things you describe. For example, Hollywood does not have the fading out of American Life. Die another day and Don't tell me are well edited.

And I don't find so horrendous the changes to the other songs (Express Yourself, Dress you up...). We know these songs so well that we detect every single modification, but it's not THAT bad. It's just DIFFERENT.

You're creating a very big and negative buzz about something that "normal" fans would not have noticed. It's like finding a man with a clock in Spartacus and declaring that it's the worst film ever just because of that.

I dont see how the MOST PEOPLE WONT NOTICE is an argument people use. The mistakes are STILL THERE. Just because most people will listen to Celebration twice and then chuck it aside for the newest Journey compilation doesnt make them go away.

Good grief - I am sure some of these errors are accurate but the UK version I bought today doesn't have, for example, any fade from AL on Hollywood. All a fuss about nothing.

They all sound fine to me. There are many different edits of each single, only fans would spot/ know the difference from those previously released on TIC/ GHV2. Most people will buy the album for the song titles and really couldn't give a toss about an album version/ single edit/ missed fade etc.

quite honestly, a part of me wants this to suffer so that labels and artists should pay a little more attention in the future...

I dont see how the MOST PEOPLE WONT NOTICE is an argument people use. The mistakes are STILL THERE. Just because most people will listen to Celebration twice and then chuck it aside for the newest Journey compilation doesnt make them go away.

Something exists if you know that it exists. If Mattress hadn't opened this post... would you have detected ALL the "mistakes"? Absolutely NOT. That's my point. Celebration has been overanalysed. You have to saturate the loudspeakers to hear some of these "mistakes". And even with headphones and maximum volume, I can't notice the American Life ending. And the problems with Express Yourself, Dress you up, Cherish and some others, it's just a question of taste. Do you really think that all fans and casual buyers know every single edition of Express Yourself???? Some friends have listened to this track and they have noticed that it's different, but they don't think it's horrendous.

However, I agree that Erotica should have been edited better and the clicks in Music are horrendous.

Edited by MForever

Next up, there are five remixes lifted directly from The Immaculate Collection.

* BORDERLINE (1990) (Q Sound Mix)

* LIKE A VIRGIN (1990) (Q Sound Mix)

* CRAZY FOR YOU (1990) (Q Sound Mix)

* OPEN YOUR HEART (1990) (Q Sound Mix)

Taken from the original post. I just got this off of iTunes (UK) and NONE of the above are lifted directly from The Immaculate Collection / Q Sound Mix.

I personally LOVE the album x x x

Rain,

I have another idea for you.

When the DVD of videos comes out, do you think it would be possible to do a remastered version of "Vogue" (album/video version) based upon the audio track from the DVD? After all, the sound on the DVD is supposed to be remastered too.

For those of us who long for a really good remastered version of "Vogue" (album version), that would great!

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Just listen to the "I'm Breathless" album version or record it at a very high bitrate (or lossless) on your computer, it sounds GREAT to me!

:thumbsup:

Guest dicktracy

im so glad the internet was NOT around when i was growing up. i can only imagine the complaints about you can dance if the internet was around. and i love me some you can dance. fall of 1987 - summer of '88 baby!!!

:thumbsup:

SOMEONE CRIES WOLF AND THE SHEEP ALL FOLLOW.

SAD SAD SAD.